What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Footy Show 2012

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
fatty completely ignoring us again. Good work by Brohman to remind the viewers who the favourite is in that game

super_coach

First Grade
Gordon Tallis he was good footballer but as a Tv presenter he is the bottom of the pile.

I think they are trying to get away from the slap stick image but it isn't working. The whole concept is dead. They would be better off trying to do a show along the style of the game plan and one week at a time rather than what they are trying to do now.

LESStar58

Referee
Michael Slater was terrible IMO. In fact, what I saw of the whole show was rubbish.

Hopefully when the rights go to Ten they have a better panel show where they actually talk footy.... Oh, wait; they already do!

Tom Shines

First Grade
What's with that studio?

Because the Today show is taking up all the prime real estate, it looked like they were forced to shoot it in the corner near the fire escape. It looked ridiculous.

i watched the first segment.

Michael Slater was a good cricket player. he's ok on the radio. he's actually quite good as a commentator for 9's cricket.
what he's doing on the footy show is a mystery. he tried hard but i dont think it will be successful. that said with slater involved he wont get to 100 shows.

Brohmans corner? wtf is with that?

kick for cash they can put up each week because the chances of people winning it are low.
did they guy kick it?

sharknows

Bench
I lasted about half the show. I really don't know how it has survived. Beau Ryan is NOT funny. His segment was embarrassing to watch.

TheDalek079

Bench
funniest part was when Girds asked Fletch how does he discipline his girls. Fletch produces a wooden spoon as says 'i got this from my time at souffs'

:lol:

hutch

First Grade
I lasted about half the show. I really don't know how it has survived. Beau Ryan is NOT funny. His segment was embarrassing to watch.

Beau Ryan is normally a very funny bloke, but didn't rate his beau knows tonight!

Doug2234

First Grade
Michael Slater was a good cricket player. he's ok on the radio. he's actually quite good as a commentator for 9's cricket.
what he's doing on the footy show is a mystery. he tried hard but i dont think it will be successful. that said with slater involved he wont get to 100 shows.

Agree. Having the photos of Slats with his kids at the start wearing footy jerseys to try to justify how big a footy fan Slater is was just embarrassing.

it seems forced to me.

take stuart clarke. he genuinely loves rugby league and the sharks.

Damian Flemming would have swapped every test wicket he took to play 1 game for the hawks in the AFL imo.

seems fake with slater some how.

undertaker

Coach
The funniest part of the show was when the crowd applauded in unison after the big marn told Hadley to shut up. The whole contrived banter aka Rabs -Gus style was embarrassing though. How 2GB ever got the exclusive rights is a mystery

Last edited:

Springs

First Grade
It just seems forced. Fatty takes 5 minutes to introduce every segment. If it flowed straight through and finished by 11 it might be a good show like it was, well, a good ten years or so back I guess now.

Slater shouldn't be there. He just acts like fill-in host. Might as well have Vossy there, at least he's football through and through. And I don't understand Tallis. He's not going to add anything that Fittler or Johns don't.