What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Footy Show 2012

undertaker

Coach
Btw, what happened to Mario? Wasn't he supposed to appear last night (thought I heard him mentioned in the intro)?

Brutus

Referee
Vautin said on 2KY that Tallis is booked in for between 15 & 20 shows this year.

Just put Girdler on the panel ffs.

Tweek

Juniors
How the f**k does Tallis get a gig on both Fox and Nine, the block has the personality of a woden plank and is as dumb as one to boot.

wittyfan

Referee
Same old story last night but by far the best part was when Girds ordered a happy ending and the Asian cook said "I'm not touching his dumplings!" :lol:

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
How the f**k does Tallis get a gig on both Fox and Nine, the block has the personality of a woden plank and is as dumb as one to boot.

Not to mention his weird shaped head.

The problem I have with the footy show and have had ever since about 2000 when I stopped watching on a regular basis is that it's a 1 and 1/2 hour mates session. They're all mates and think that they're funny with their little repititive in jokes and back slapping. The fact of the matter is that the fun you have with your mates might be hilarious to you but to anyone else watching it might be initially amused but after a while it just gets boring.

While Vautin and his mates are there I'll steer clear of it.

wittyfan

Referee
Although they have been on life support for the last few years, this really is TFS's last roll of the dice. With the upcoming tv rights negotiations and given their poor ratings over the last two years, I absolutely cnanot see Ch9 persevering with the NRL version if they lose the tv rights (the AFL version won't get ditched due to strong ratings in Melbourne, as well as key AFL men affiliated with Ch9). If they don't get their act together this year, it's going to be a loooooooong year for them and I can see several sub-100k ratings figures in Sydney. It did dip below 100k last year, I believe.

Yep, the episode that aired on 14 April last year is the all-time lowest rating episode with 98k, interestingly too though you have to go back nearly 4 years to find the next lowest rating episode which was 110k on August 14, 2008.

El Diablo

Post Whore
the problem for 9 is they have a real problem promoting their shows seeing most rate like crap

best chance they have to promote the new footy show panel is in their Sydney news

nrlnrl

First Grade
The one thing that never changes is fatty. He is hopeless, might be a nice bloke but has dinosaur views on rugby league, is a terrible host and has lost touch with the game. Last night was cringeworthy!

yeah, his knowledge of what happens in the game is pathetic. When they were talking about Manly's complaints related to the draw, he ended up saying they do it in September or August & wouldn't have known Manly was going to win the comp

nrlnrl

First Grade
And also, good to see the big marn not on the main panel with his plethora of fat jokes. I guess that is an improvement. However, that Beau Ryan segment has got to go. Waaaaay past its useby date

never was funny, never will be

cleary89

Coach
Use to watch it religiously, last season would defend it against all the haters. But I can't deny the truth any longer, it has gone to shit.

Tom Shines

First Grade
Last night was a bit of a mess but that was always going to be on the cards.

First show of the season coming straight off the first game of the season. There wouldn't have been a lot of material to cover, not a lot of controversial opinions other than predictions and previews which for mine isn't really engaging material.

Didn't stop NRL on FOX providing a much superior effort.

The Gambler

Juniors
What just transpired was hilarious. First of all the bloke that won the kick for cash decided to have someone from the panel kick for goal (worth $1,000 instead of $5,000) and THEN he choose Gordy Tallis to take the kick instead of Joey Johns! All the boys were speechless and thought he was taking the piss. He is obviously not a footy fan and has just come along for the ride with friends.

Parra Pride

Referee
What just transpired was hilarious. First of all the bloke that won the kick for cash decided to have someone from the panel kick for goal (worth $1,000 instead of $5,000) and THEN he choose Gordy Tallis to take the kick instead of Joey Johns! All the boys were speechless and thought he was taking the piss. He is obviously not a footy fan and has just come along for the ride with friends.

To be fair Tallis is an upgrade over his original choice in Gidley.

Latest posts