What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Footy Show 2012

blacklock

Juniors
they actually talk football on the footyshow??? when did they do that? lol

the thursday footyshow is basically a poor watered down Hey Hey its Saturday.

hutch

First Grade
What was to second 5 in the bin about? Couldn't believe they had macnamara on and they were talking international footy for the first one, just after fatty said that origin has the best 34 players on earth playing in it.

Mr_Raditch

Juniors
So were my eyes deceiving me or did Joey make that second attempt at goal. I quickly rewound it & double checked, pretty sure he did. I guess they didnt want to pay the $1000.

Chook Norris

First Grade
What was to second 5 in the bin about? Couldn't believe they had macnamara on and they were talking international footy for the first one, just after fatty said that origin has the best 34 players on earth playing in it.

the second 5 in the bin was basically a continuation of the first segment. McNamara was present again and so international footy was the discussion

Bruce Manifold

Juniors
Sorry boys dont care what you say. Having Slater there is rediculous. When he was a cricketer he always had a chip on his shoulder, and now seeing him everywhere on the tv drives me insane. Richie Benaud will be tossing in his sleep seeing fatty call the cricket. Just piss Slats Off and Bring Vossy BAck ...What did he do anyway..my 2 cents

Pigskin

Juniors
I can't find the thread regarding the show "One Week at a Time" or whatever its called on One HD. (if anybody can, feel free to move this post)

Anyway, Joel Caine has just popped up on TVN this morning as a Sportsbet rep providing the odds and fluctuation info for the big day of racing ahead. Those sort of gigs don't pop up often and would be well paid and sort after.

Think it is an interesting appointment. He spoke very well, as he does on a Thursday night on One HD.

Nobody is ever going to agree with everything a panelist says on a footy show, but here is a clear example of an average player being given an opportunity on this type of program and in my view he does a pretty good job.

When are nine going to wake up to the fact that you can't train certain high profile players to be good commentators/panelists. You either have it or you don't.

Wish they would give the average player a living after footy, that may actually be suitable to do the job. Another guy that springs to mind is Michael Hodgson the ex Canberra and Canterbury forward. He has been on ABC Grandstand a number of times and is a very very impressive speaker. Give him a job ffs. Get rid of the likes of Lockyer and Tallis. They will never cut it.

Anyway, rant over.

Oink !

jonno_knights

Juniors
Fatty in his playing days haha. Surely that must have been a Gee Up.

Oh and doesnt Bryan Fletcher look out of place amoungst those 4.

IanG

Coach
Also no AFL Footy Show on afterwards. The last couple of weeks they've instead shown Comedy Central Roasts

BunniesMan

Immortal
Also no AFL Footy Show on afterwards. The last couple of weeks they've instead shown Comedy Central Roasts
Because the AFL rounds have started on the Thursday the last couple weeks the show has been on tv on Wednesday. This week it's back to Thursday after the NRL footy show.

IanG

Coach
Because the AFL rounds have started on the Thursday the last couple weeks the show has been on tv on Wednesday. This week it's back to Thursday after the NRL footy show.

Well it goes to show how closely I follow the AFL then

Latest posts