What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Footy Show thread 2009

mickdo

Coach
I loved the way he talked about how Eric Grothe was exploited by the Dragons in the round 26 match because of his tendency to rush up, a claim he also made in the previous masterclass with benji and thirston which used pretty much exactly the same footage and issues.

A touch harsh considering Grothe didn't play that game - but hey, Gus is the expert.

Yeah, that was ridiculous. Do your research properly Gus.

ozjet1

when Ryan asked the female dogs fan whether she'd heard of Jarryd Hayne....

"da-zee play 4 da bull-dogs?"

ive been cracking up over the way she said it for the last 14 hours.

she must have the mental age of 8.

Ridders

Coach
Beau Ryan is a real bright spot in Footy Show. Hopefully we don't get too much of him too soon as I'd hate to get sick of the guy.

Desert Qlder

First Grade
Phil Gould’s segment with David Furner and Neil Henry was the best Rugby League discussion I’ve seen on TV this year. I loved the way he challenged Neil and David about how they would implement tactics against each of the competing teams this weekend. Shame it was on so late

Agreed.

It also gave the chance for Gould to stick to what he is best at - analysing tactics and play. Combining this with two first grade coaches on the panel being given the chance to offer insights and you have a wonderful segment.

I'm sure that is what some of us footy fans look for in a footy show.

Chook Norris

First Grade
when Ryan asked the female dogs fan whether she'd heard of Jarryd Hayne....

"da-zee play 4 da bull-dogs?"

ive been cracking up over the way she said it for the last 14 hours.

she must have the mental age of 8.

:lol:

BR: So which team do you go for?
"Bull-dogs"

BR: Why's that?
"Coz i live in Bankstown?"

BR: Who's your favourite player?
Uhhhh sorry wut waz that? (shocked the question arose)

Haz'm L-mazi

BR: Haz'm L-mazi huh..
BR: So how do you rate Jarryd Hayne?
Uhhh whoz dat? duz-zee play 4 da bull-dogs?

BR: Yer he plays for the Bulldogs..

hineyrulz

Post Whore
:lol:

BR: So which team do you go for?
"Bull-dogs"

BR: Why's that?
"Coz i live in Bankstown?"

Uhhhh sorry wut waz that? (shocked the question arose)

Haz'm L-mazi

BR: Haz'm L-mazi huh..
BR: So how do you rate Jarryd Hayne?
Uhhh whoz dat? duz-zee play 4 da bull-dogs?

BR: Yer he plays for the Bulldogs..
:lol: Yeah she was a dumb as dogsh*t.

Sleep

Juniors
Beau Ryan is great. It's funny that he isn't a huge player or anything like that which makes me wonder how he got the job. Like others of said, I hope they don't go over using him and getting us all sick of him like they did other characters.

It's hilarious how he can pay himself out with not many people knowing who he is.

Vossy is a toolbag.

Brutus

Referee
Cannot wait for world famous All Black Rodney McGraw on the Footy Show tonight.

His input should prove invaluable.

Last edited:
Beau Ryan is great. It's funny that he isn't a huge player or anything like that which makes me wonder how he got the job. Like others of said, I hope they don't go over using him and getting us all sick of him like they did other characters.

It's hilarious how he can pay himself out with not many people knowing who he is.

Vossy is a toolbag.

He was on packs vs backs one week with Corey Payne (he was boring as bat sh*t on it though), and after it Benji said he was looking for a regular gig on the show, and the following week he got a street talk segment.

fourplay

Juniors
Cannot wait for world famous All Black Rodney McGraw on the Footy Show tonight.

His input should prove invaluable.

It's channel 9 doing all it can to promote union because they got the next union world cup rights and he is prob just going to talk about the bledisloe as if anyone cares.

shiznit

Coach
to be fair to C9.... its abit of a coup to get him. of all the RU players out there they probably got the best. from previously being involved on a sports show the guy is notoriously bloody tough to get.

being totaly honest here... it was easier to get Tiger Woods than this bloke. we had Tawera Nikau go down and do an interview with Richie and we had to move heaven and earth to get it done. the Tiger interview took about a day to get sorted and away we went.

League players on the otherhand... i know they cop sh*t in the media... but they are far, far easier to deal with. and i don't think the fans give them enough credit for it.

ive also gotta say... Choc' Mundine was probably the best bloke to deal with... a lovely guy. hes nothing at all like the bloke he portrays in the media. the most popular guest i reckon we ever had amongst the crew.

back on topic it does seem bloody strange to have McCaw on the footy show though... i cant think of what they would be promoting... certainly not the NRL GF...

it would have been far better if your going to get a RU player to get Brad Thorn... by far the best rugby union covert EVER.

African Monkey

First Grade
to be fair to C9.... its abit of a coup to get him. of all the RU players out there they probably got the best. from previously being involved on a sports show the guy is notoriously bloody tough to get.

being totaly honest here... it was easier to get Tiger Woods than this bloke. we had Tawera Nikau go down and do an interview with Richie and we had to move heaven and earth to get it done. the Tiger interview took about a day to get sorted and away we went.

League players on the otherhand... i know they cop sh*t in the media... but they are far, far easier to deal with. and i don't think the fans give them enough credit for it.

ive also gotta say... Choc' Mundine was probably the best bloke to deal with... a lovely guy. hes nothing at all like the bloke he portrays in the media. the most popular guest i reckon we ever had amongst the crew.

back on topic it does seem bloody strange to have McCaw on the footy show though... i cant think of what they would be promoting... certainly not the NRL GF...

it would have been far better if your going to get a RU player to get Brad Thorn... by far the best rugby union covert EVER.
What show were you involved in ?

Latest posts