What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Footy Show thread 2009

Mr Saab

Referee
If it comes down to Johns or Voss

GET RID OF THE CHIMP!!! He is not funny and is gutless when it comes to asking the tough questions.

In fact it's time for Fatty and Johns to bugger off.

Johns is a f**king wanker. His "self importance" is annoying. Voss is making the footyshow worth watching again, whereby Johns makes you want to throw a brick at the tv.

Lego_Man

First Grade
Johns doesnt like the new setup, that's for certain.

I watched the first show of the new year and noticed a couple of sniping comments from Johns about Chief/Sterlo getting the shaft by Channel 9. Fact is he's still filthy that his old mates got the sack for Voss, who to make matters worse, is now stealing his thunder.

Mr Saab

Referee
Fact is he's still filthy that his old mates got the sack for Voss, who to make matters worse, is now stealing his thunder.

that and because voss has brains and can stand up for himself. Harragon couldnt string 2 words together...well i tell a lie

"go newcastle"
"how good is Danny Buderus"

Brutus

Referee
Johns offers nothing, but poor humour to that panel.

The reason people stopped watching the TFS was because of the poor humour. Better off talking footy if you can't be funny. I actually think Voss is far funnier than Johns could ever be.

Johns offers nothing, but poor humour to that panel.

The reason people stopped watching the TFS was because of the poor humour. Better off talking footy if you can't be funny. I actually think Voss is far funnier than Johns could ever be.

He's more of a Timid Humour kind of Guy. Johns is actually not bad for Novocastrian.

The mute button WTF, was it just me it did it look like Vossy had been put on a massive leash even without that, for the first hour he looked very quiet and showed a lot of trepidation in what he said. Me thinks his been chatted a tad.

Shame as most here have stated his brought a lot of starch to previous legless interviews.

The mute button WTF, was it just me it did it look like Vossy had been put on a massive leash even without that, for the first hour he looked very quiet and showed a lot of trepidation in what he said. Me thinks his been chatted a tad.

Shame as most here have stated his brought a lot of starch to previous legless interviews.

Vossy kicks in usually late in the show or when he is called on to ask the hard questions in one of his interviews.

Thomas

First Grade
I know quite a few guys who have done the Footy Show. Its known as a pretty hard gig because they go from "serious discussions about footy" to "here's a comedian....laugh now!".

Bloody hard to make a cold crowd laugh...plus being on TV means that the comedian has to really censor his material to make it super TV friendly.

Brutus

Referee
Get Thomas on there with Michael Vass the flogball coach to do a comedy sketch on road rage.

Godz Illa

Coach
Isn't Vossy a producer of the show now as well? So he obviously approved of the mute button thing, it may have even been his own idea.

On a side note I think the show's been watchable this year, pretty good.

Geohood

Bench
Im pretty sure the tension between Johns and Voss, the mute thing etc is put on on purpose.. makes for a bit more interesting viewing.

boxa777

Coach
Definitely think the show is much better this season..

Ill throw this one out straight away - I dont mind Fatty..

That aside, Matty Johns is one of the most biased f**kers in Footy.. Voss has been a welcome addition because he doesn't sugarcoat and his questions are not cliche standard rubbish. He's not funny but doesnt need to be. He asks some testing questions which the viewer would like answered. The tension between him and Johns lies in the fact that Voss is givin it to Johns' precious Storm outfit.

Chief was a plank on the show and I was sick of Newcastle mentioned in every second sentence.

Overall the balance is good now.