What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Footy Show thread 2009

Danish

Referee
:clap:

I hope Gus goes on with this. He is the only bloke in any position of power with the clout and will to get the real facts out there.

This bag's work collegues have already come out and said she is full of sh*t, but that wont stop the likes of Wilson and other f**kwits trying to use this to destroy the game.

Its going to take people like gus Gould to make sure that doesnt happen

bartman

Immortal
Vossy making good sense now, they're off the focus on Johns and that incident, and onto the real issues the game faces from here, about players and attitudes.

Gus saying that from the time the extra blokes walk in the room, it all goes wrong. Very true...

Danish

Referee
Actually until Johns side is aired he will be made out as the criminal, with the bag being painted as the victim.

bmwpower

Juniors
Agreed

But Gould keeps saying their are 2 sides to this story. The girls 1 and Johns 1. Until his side his heard he will be made out as the victim

gould is backing his story on how it is wrong to engage in sex even though it is consentual it can still stab you in the back, but also he is backing matty on how he is the scape goat of everything that happened and should not be blamed for the allegations

bartman

Immortal
They're actually moving away from Johns, and not worrying so much about that story and the two sides etc.

It's good to see them focussing on what the game and players have to do from now on... and getting away from the Johns circus. Saying that things and the culture have to change, senior players have to lead the way.

Nigel Vagana on now to talk about the current education programs.

bartman

Immortal
Very impressed with tonight's show so far, I'm surprised how well they've handled everything.

Credit where it's due. A serious topic (the wider one, not just focused on Johns), being treated seriously with a good mix on the panel and guests, and it's great TV imo.

bartman

Immortal
I think they had to spend the first section addressing what's changed re Johns and the deeper issue since last week's show.

Hopefully now they'll get to some footy, City-Country, the test etc, and then maybe come back to the other stuff later on in the show.

But I agree, the show tonight has been very good imo. Some very well thought opinions being raised about the direction of the game, not all sensationalism and not all about Johns or the different sides of that incident.

Well done to the decision makers behind the show - I didn't think they would pull it off.