What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Footy Show thread 2009

bartman

Immortal
Everything that Fatty Vautin should have said was said right there.
Or not, if Fatty actually cared about rugby league's future...

The Fatman did well tonight. Read his prepared statement and came across seriously, and then left Gould to do the more emotional stuff in relation to Matt Johns.

And then they got on with the show, and the game's response to deeper issues everyone has been ignoring in all this....

Or not, if Fatty actually cared about rugby league's future...

The Fatman did well tonight. Read his prepared statement and came across seriously, and then left Gould to do the more emotional stuff in relation to Matt Johns.

And then they got on with the show, and the game's response to deeper issues everyone has been ignoring in all this....

Or not. Either way.

Cloud9

No, it's a lot of PC crap.

I thought at least Gould was going to be a hard c**k and point out all the flaws in what had happened so far in the persecution of Matty (particularly the workmate revelations). Fact if Matty comes out in a couple of months and sets the record straight, noone will care, the only thing theyll remember is his public fall from grace.

He needed the footy show to fight for him tonight, and they failed him.

Oh and i thought Fatty's comment about naming and shaming the senior NRL player who said that the gangbangs will go on was ridiculous. And noone touched the issue of willing groupies and legal consensual acts which was clearly the elephant in the room. Until then the players are only going to become more resentful.

All theyre doing is introducing a "forbidden fruit" factor for young men which IMO will increase the practice.

I disagree. The footy show did good tonight, they summarised what had been discussed on these forums whilst respecting both Clare and the John's family. Matty will be back when the hysteria goes away.

bartman

Immortal
I disagree. The footy show did good tonight, they summarised what had been discussed on these forums whilst respecting both Clare and the John's family. Matty will be back when the hysteria goes away.
They did very good, a lot better than I ever expected. A bit too much "thinking" stuff perhaps, compared to what a lot of fans here might have been expecting? But covered things in exactly the way the game needed, and made sure the issue of change in the game was aired and supported.

And the way things are going at the moment, I'd expect Johns will be back after some gardening leave in a ratings-busting redemption return in grand final week anyway...

Cloud9

Magnay looks like a fraud, NFI
But in light of issues involving women, she should retain her spot on the show

bartman

Immortal
At least she doesn't take herself too seriously like Bec.

I think Magnay fits into that panel OK.

Liam

Juniors
I wouldn't mind this being the permanent panel, seems professional which is more than I can say for a show with Matthew Johns and Paul Harrogan.