What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Footy Show thread 2009

Stranger

Coach
oh gee how crap of me for wanting a fellow woman working in the same industry as i do want to do well. HOW DARE I.

Its not about having a woman on the show, its about having someon who is intelligent enough to add to the show. Gender shouldn't be an issue. Thus you have a chip on your shoulder.

Kiki

First Grade
yeh okay guys. just because u keep saying i have a chip on my shoulder doesn't make it true.

how dare i believe in a female voice in rugby league when league audiences are at least (in my personal experience) 60% men 40% women. the shaaaame.

yeh okay guys. just because u keep saying i have a chip on my shoulder doesn't make it true.

how dare i believe in a female voice in rugby league when league audiences are at least (in my personal experience) 60% men 40% women. the shaaaame.

They're just a bunch of guys who are fans of alleged pack rapists and wife beaters. Hardly surprising they don't want a female in their domain.

Bereft Skerrick

Juniors
If the NRL want to appeal to a female audience they need to find the RIGHT females to be involved with the game. Sadly "journalists" (and I use the term advisedly) like Bec Wilson and biased and Magney is uninformed.

Wilson has an axe to grind with the panel but having said that they never gave her a chance. Too much history of histrionics.

Magnay wasn't too bad last week, this week time after time she was made to look uninformed (plenty of times at her own doing). I cringed during the intervew with the young Tigers player (who HOORAY! looks like he has a good work ethic outside the game) where her question was so innocuous and added nothing to the segment.

AFL (dare I bring it up) have Christi Malthouse, surely we can find someone of that calibre to be the female face of rugby league?

The NRL needs to appeal to the female audience becuase it's the mothers who decide what sports their kids play.

Canard

Immortal
Checking weather sites, Auckland's minimum winter temperature is on average about 8 to 9 degrees warmer than Canberra during the winter months.

Also does anyone on her truly believe that Tony Zappia was "shadow boxing"?

antonius

Coach
Why does the Footy show even entertain $BW?? The bloke walks out on his team and the game, the minute he comes back they fall over themselves to promote his fight and treat him like some long lost son. I hope he gets his ugly dial knocked off in his fight. He should be ignored by anything, and anyone conected with the game.

Why does the Footy show even entertain $BW?? The bloke walks out on his team and the game, the minute he comes back they fall over themselves to promote his fight and treat him like some long lost son. I hope he gets his ugly dial knocked off in his fight. He should be ignored by anything, and anyone conected with the game.

Lol, the audience certainly didint. Not to mention the bloke who yelled out after Magnay said it was a year ago and he had moved on from it so we all should. The bloke yells out "So did Matty Johns and that was 7 years ago!" LOL. That made me laugh A LOT! :lol::lol::lol:

Did u see the bloke his fighting?

He looks about as Athletic as Quincy the midget.

Big Time

Juniors
SBW gave a terrible apology. Hope old mate touches him up. Gould wanted to get stuck right into Magnay last night but bit his tongue. I hope she gets made look like a goose when everything comes out.

Checking weather sites, Auckland's minimum winter temperature is on average about 8 to 9 degrees warmer than Canberra during the winter months.

Yeah correct, there was nothing ridiculous about that comment of hers actually. I`ve been in Auckland for about 7 years but never seen snow here. It`s pretty common in Canberra.

Latest posts