What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Footy Show thread 2009

Kiki

First Grade
They're just a bunch of guys who are fans of alleged pack rapists and wife beaters. Hardly surprising they don't want a female in their domain.

hahahah Rastus. well i think the majority of guys on here are okay, otherwise i wouldnt keep posting. but yeh, they'res some tools thats for damn sure.

TIM IM NOT MAKING IT A GENDER ISSUE. ffs. i give up.

Godz Illa

Coach
So has Wilson. The year is 2009. I think we have all heard the story about Fatty Vautin in the change rooms. That was back in the 80's Einstein. You work it out. Magnay is in big danger of f*cking her credibility by looking for a front pager.
She's had plenty of front page stories already though (and Walkley nominations), it's not like she's on a fame grab. She's a journalist - that is her essential point of difference on the Footy Show. Fatty is the host/jokey ex player, Voss is the commentator/editorialiser, Gus is the ex-coach/editorialiser, she's the journo. If you're going to replace her who will you choose? Nick Walshaw? Dean fkn Ritchie? Weidler hahahaha? Roy Masters is semi-retired these days and barely even comments anymore.

kruzin

Juniors
They're just a bunch of guys who are fans of alleged pack rapists and wife beaters. Hardly surprising they don't want a female in their domain.

Quite wrong in fact...i do not support pack rapists and i do not support anything illegal in our game, that being said however, i do support innocent until proven guilty.

Lol, the audience certainly didint. Not to mention the bloke who yelled out after Magnay said it was a year ago and he had moved on from it so we all should. The bloke yells out "So did Matty Johns and that was 7 years ago!" LOL. That made me laugh A LOT!

Yeah i had to laugh was absolutley hilarious...Notice how she ignored him?

Have I accidently turned on too the weather channel. Lets talk about the hot DJ that is on the footy show. Understanding the sensitive times we live in, this time of political correctness, I just want to say that I would so slot her.

HAHAHA so A-political there brother hahaha

So just reading through the thread from last night, in summary:

* 95% of people on here agree that Gus has turned the show into something actually worth watching
* Magnay has NFI

Sound about right?

Those two are definatley correct,

Magnay can eat sh*t and die.

Agreed.

ramble_on

Juniors
She's had plenty of front page stories already though (and Walkley nominations), it's not like she's on a fame grab. She's a journalist - that is her essential point of difference on the Footy Show. Fatty is the host/jokey ex player, Voss is the commentator/editorialiser, Gus is the ex-coach/editorialiser, she's the journo. If you're going to replace her who will you choose? Nick Walshaw? Dean fkn Ritchie? Weidler hahahaha? Roy Masters is semi-retired these days and barely even comments anymore.

When you take into account that she's been working on this story for around 5 months and there is a hell of a lot more to the story yet to come out, why did she release a portion of it early, or more to the point at this particular time, if she's not on a fame grab?

Dogs Of War

Coach
When you take into account that she's been working on this story for around 5 months and there is a hell of a lot more to the story yet to come out, why did she release a portion of it early, or more to the point at this particular time, if she's not on a fame grab?

Because it's topical? I personally find she is pretty good on the footy show, and it's good because she is not just a Rugby League lacky, but thinks for herself.

StormChaser

First Grade
hahahah Rastus. well i think the majority of guys on here are okay, otherwise i wouldnt keep posting. but yeh, they'res some tools thats for damn sure.

Kiki, save your energy. Arguing with dolts in here is actually more painful than just smashing your head against your monitor. Try it. Works for me.:thumb

ramble_on

Juniors
Because it's topical? I personally find she is pretty good on the footy show, and it's good because she is not just a Rugby League lacky, but thinks for herself.

Topical it may be, but it sure didn't come across as completed, or had any solid foundation to her claims as yet. The part that got me was putting a photo of a black-eyed woman out there, a figure of $20,000 and let the public make of it what they want..!! Ever hear of Workers Compensation..??

God-King Dean

Immortal

lol, yes it is. That's why you avoided my questions.

" Geez u juz dont get iiiiiiit. HELP ME SASSY !! "

Apey

Staff member
Why do you carry on as if men don't complain about other sh*t men being on the show - that they only complain when a sh*t woman comes on the show..

How dare we criticise a panel member! It must be because she's a woman and we're all h8az on here. Have you read any of this thread? 80% of this thread is probably dedicated to bagging hopeless panel members male and female.

The panel should be made up of the best four people suited for the job. If that's 4 women, so be it. If that's 4 men, so be it. We're not complaining because a woman is on there. We're complaining because there's a sh*t panel member on there who delivers no input. I can't believe it but I actually agree with Timmah - it's not about gender! Sure there are some that will say it *is* about gender, but a pro-tip; it's the internet and anonymity is a popular game here. They are either trying to rile you up (successfully I might add) or just post something for shock value or for the lols.

The fact that they keep getting women who give little input on there and begging for their opinion makes the whole new angle of 'lolz we're includin wimmin nao' so weak and transparent. Especially because it's always been a male-dominated panel.

Perhaps if they found some women who were actually on the show because of their knowledge and not because of their gender, there would be nothing to argue about.

Cloud9

Magnay' goos at talking about off field stuff. the less she talks about onfield performances the better.

Before these two girls here smash their monitors, could I offer a swap? I`ve got an old CRT lying around, perfect for head butting, will take any LCD for it.

Canard

Immortal
Seems a few posters are quick to jump down someone people throat for defending Magnay.

But seem rather slow to say anything to posters that say stuff like "women shouldn't comment of football" or what a sl*t?

ramble_on

Juniors
Seems a few posters are quick to jump down someone people throat for defending Magnay.

But seem rather slow to say anything to posters that say stuff like "women shouldn't comment of football" or what a sl*t?

perhaps a few posters know the difference between stupid comments and trolling comments.....

Latest posts