What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Footy Show thread 2009

God-King Dean

Immortal
ahahahaha a chip on my shoulder. GOD U KNOW ME SO WELL TIM.

so who are these plenty of women that should be on there?

Who you trying to bluff. You're getting pissy because you wanted to see a women do well & everyone calling her out on her sh*tness.

You gonna try & tell me if it was a guy in Magnays place you'd be in here having a whinge ?

Apey

Staff member
Reporters on any footy show are absolute crap imo.

The problem is it's probably hard to find a chick who is 'well-known' enough to be on the footy show that isn't a journalist and can actually talk about league. There is nothing wrong with having a woman on there (although the idea seems to rub off as a real lame attempt to involve them, maybe due to the quality..), it's not like all women know nothing about the sport... unfortunately it seems like all the ones that actually report on it have NFI.. :crazy:

Kiki

First Grade
Amanda Flynn? She was always decent when she was on all those years ago.

Any numbers of WAGS would be more qualified to speak about the game than Magnay.

You seem to think the issue with everyone's dislike of Magnay is based on her gender, that's my problem with you. Facts are, she's rubbish. Doesn't matter what genitalia God blessed her with. She fumbled through her tips last week, she got shown up for the hack she is by Gus this week.

But by all means, keep trying to make this a gender issue... how dare we call someone out who appears to have NFI on the game...

AMANDA FLYNN

she was ummm....pretty.

i don't really care if Magnay is there or not, have i once said she should be on there and you are all assholes for not liking her? i don't think so. in fact im fairly sure a few weeks ago i said being a good print journalist (which she is) doesnt necessarily mean she is suited for TV.

however i still applaud the footy show for actually getting a journo on and not some chick thats there coz shes married to a footy player.

im just asserting the fact that i reckon no woman will ever be good enough to be on there in the eyes of alot of men. fact is, alot of male footy fans still think women have no place in league and having a penis = automatic footy wisdom.

(and b4 you blow up i dont mean you or anyone specifically, its a general comment

Last edited:

Kiki

First Grade
Who you trying to bluff. You're getting pissy because you wanted to see a women do well & everyone calling her out on her sh*tness.

oh gee how crap of me for wanting a fellow woman working in the same industry as i do want to do well. HOW DARE I.

badav

Bench
i didnt have a very high opinion of Magnay before this show but i missed it. Can someone give a run down of what was said?

Cloud9

the AFL footy show looks poorer than the NRL version for the lack of women.
Very much a boys club.

Burwood

Bench
This idea will probably get shot down, but get a female "comedian" on- a bit like some of the AFL shows do. Not sure of her overall footy knowledge, but Wendy Harmer is passionate about the game and could be a good choice to give a test run to.

stormysally

Juniors
its on in melbourne now tony zappia just said everything magnay said today was wrong and gould was debating with her that what she wrote was crap

God-King Dean

Immortal
the AFL footy show looks poorer than the NRL version for the lack of women.
Very much a boys club.

And look how much better it is...

Magnay should not be replaced by another women unless she is competant enough to add something. Her reason for tipping Raiders is purely because of the weather sums her up well (not to mention the logic was stupid in the first place).

Having a token women on the show ain't helping anything. The women watching aren't geniused, they know she's there just for tokenism, & it's just plain awkward.

Jono078

Referee
Good show again, I knew it'd be better with Gus.

How awesome was his grilling of that lady on the panel. Great stuff.

Cloud9

And look how much better it is...

Magnay should not be replaced by another women unless she is competant enough to add something. Her reason for tipping Raiders is purely because of the weather sums her up well (not to mention the logic was stupid in the first place).

Having a token women on the show ain't helping anything. The women watching aren't geniused, they know she's there just for tokenism, & it's just plain awkward.

zzzzzz. they all have the same waspy yobbo perspective.
Variety's key for me.

Engine

Juniors
oh gee how crap of me for wanting a fellow woman working in the same industry as i do want to do well. HOW DARE I.

If you are in the same industry, it seems that you will follow Magnay's / Wilsons steps. In case you didn't take notes in journo school, here are some tips for breaking into the tv industry.

*Go to the "Pamela Anderson School of Dressing".
*If the "Pamela" look doesn't suit you, avoid issues and tell lies when creating headlines. (By your posts, you seemed to have learnt the art of avoiding issues and questions well).

If you don't do these things, you can always pursue your Germaine Greer agendas on LU.

Kiki

First Grade
well i'm not technically a journalist, nor do i need to get my boobs out to get attention (or work). so i'm just gonna keep doing my own thing, it's working fairly well so far considering i've only been writing for less than a year.

but thanks for your advice! :)

Latest posts