What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Footy Show thread 2009

Eddie Lab

Juniors
Yeah correct, there was nothing ridiculous about that comment of hers actually. I`ve been in Auckland for about 7 years but never seen snow here. It`s pretty common in Canberra.

I live in Canberra and have so for over 20 years. it has snowed to the point of staying on the ground and not melting maybe twice.

Big Time

Juniors
Have I accidently turned on too the weather channel. Lets talk about the hot DJ that is on the footy show. Understanding the sensitive times we live in, this time of political correctness, I just want to say that I would so slot her.

CJG 182

Juniors
I live in Canberra and have so for over 20 years. it has snowed to the point of staying on the ground and not melting maybe twice.

I've lived in Canberra for about 15-16 yrs and have seen it snow to the point of it not melting instantly once and that was the Tigers game in 2000.

It's pretty common? Lol

Jobdog

Live Update Team
So just reading through the thread from last night, in summary:

* 95% of people on here agree that Gus has turned the show into something actually worth watching
* The "suspension" of Matty might have saved the show
* Kiki's got a chip on her shoulder
* Magnay has NFI
* Emily Barker :ls: should replace Magnay on the panel

Sound about right? :cool:

bobmar28

Bench
yeh okay guys. just because u keep saying i have a chip on my shoulder doesn't make it true.

how dare i believe in a female voice in rugby league when league audiences are at least (in my personal experience) 60% men 40% women. the shaaaame.

More women are needed on the footy show, in boardrooms, in all aspects of league,because AFL is taking advantage of the perception that league is somehow anti women. I think Magnay is ok, if she is proven wrong we'll all find out. At the moment it is her word against his. She's a league supporter ffs, unlike those at the ABC, who never miss an oportunity to dig up dirt on league while at the same time promoting AFL.

I'm listening to the ABC and at the moment theyré heavily promoting AFL (for the third time today), something about dreamtime aboriginal players or something.

Last edited:

I`m not saying it`s like the North Pole, just saying snowfall is not rare, even if it melts once it reaches the ground. Snowfall means frost. We don`t have frost in Auckland.

CJG 182

Juniors

* 95% of people on here agree that Gus has turned the show into something actually worth watching
* Magnay has NFI

Sounds good to me JD.

Gus's input would have always turned the show in to something great - Johns incident or not. People love to bag him for some reason but he knows the game very well and has good strong opinions that aren't always the popular ones.

The "suspension" has saved the show in the way they approach the topics. The boringly predictable Johns bashers will attribute it to the fact he isn't there but if you watch the show and listen they attack the media more now, they're more aggressive in general and put up with less garbage, because of what's happened to him.

Kiki seems to think we all despise Magnay cause she's a woman, not because she seems barely a step up from Bec Wilson, willing to boot the game she's supposedly a fan of at any time. Also interesting to note that for someone who "loves the game" or is such a big fan of it she had NFI for the most part and comes up with the most baseless and generic statements about it. A bobble head could more or less fill her role. But because she's a woman she should be immune to criticism and we only criticise because we think it should be an all man show etc etc wah wah wah. I think Warren Smith is a wanker with NFI too, but that's irrelevant as it doesn't coincide with the agendas.

Last edited:

Bereft Skerrick

Juniors
In reply to attila_the_gorilla, no I wasn't an immaculate conception or a cabbage patch kid.

Just came from a household with a League following father who was overruled by my mother when it came to my brothers playing League. They played soccer and cricket instead. And I'll guarantee there's plenty of other mothers out there who have the last say like mine did.

The NRL needs to appeal to these (and other women).

Big Time

Juniors
In reply to attila_the_gorilla, no I wasn't an immaculate conception or a cabbage patch kid.

Just came from a household with a League following father who was overruled by my mother when it came to my brothers playing League. They played soccer and cricket instead. And I'll guarantee there's plenty of other mothers out there who have the last say like mine did.

The NRL needs to appeal to these (and other women).

Blokes just need to tell their missus that their sons are playing League and they have to live with it.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
if league is alientating women so badly why are crowd averages up?

why does league constantly have great tv ratings (which shit all over the 'women- friendly' AFL and yawnion?)

we have a few dickheads get into a figth at a game and all of a sudden league isnt 'woman-friendly', we have some issues of 'alleged' sexual deviancy (not my view) and league is misogynistic....

if it's such a problem then it isnt being reflected in support by crowds or via tv ratings, subsequently there's no real need to change for changes sake, or to react to an alegation with no substance.

if the game gets more female reporters with substance and a passion for the game thants great, but lets not have a token woman on the panel or during interviews for sake of pandeirng to a myth

People have already mentioned Emily Barker, she seems to have her head screwed on and has some knowledge of the game, thats great to see, put her onto the panel, but put her there for her merrits not her gender

Tiger_Tim

Juniors

* Magnay has NFI

If not Emily, how bout Ben Ikin? :crazy:

caspersparks

Juniors
i know its kinda off topic, but i'd actually really love to have a female Commentator.. someone who obviously had a passion for the game, but i think having a woman with rabbs and gus on a fiday/sunday game every week would be totally refreshing... just a thought

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I still cannot believe Kiki, that you're making it a gender issue. You're debating the merits of Magnay on the panel with me. Make all the generalisations you like, but if you're talking to ME, I'm saying right now that Magnay's knowledge, insight and passion for the game are all in question, regardless of her gender. I have no objection to any woman on TFS at all, but I do object to Magnay. She's as potentially damaging to our code as Wilson and she demonstrated as much last night. That's my opinion - I want her gone. Simple.

Big Time

Juniors
I thought she may have been alright but last night turned me off her. Her only motive was her story being on the front page. She would have known how damaging such allegations could be, but she wants to make a name for herself. There has too be women out their that are truly passionate about the game. Magnay and Wilson claim they love the game, but really only have their own self interest at heart.

Big Time

Juniors
So has Wilson. The year is 2009. I think we have all heard the story about Fatty Vautin in the change rooms. That was back in the 80's Einstein. You work it out. Magnay is in big danger of f*cking her credibility by looking for a front pager.

Latest posts