What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Footy Show thread 2009

You're not a troll for disagreeing with me, but you're obviously just being critical for the sake of it, trollesque behaviour.

Not really. I just hate the Footy Show, always have thought it is an embarassment to the game, and Ch 9's sad attempt to cater to the bogan market. Its neither useful for league news, nor funny, so fails miserably on both counts.

I'd prefer to watch a serious discussion about the footy. NRL on Fox was more like it although I reckon now they spend more time clowning around and less discussing the games.

The model I'd like to see is something like "On the Couch" they used to have late nights on 7 for AFL. Just a couple of journos, and a couple of guests chewing the fat over last week's games, the ones coming up and other stuff to do with the game. Was a decent show. Something similar for league would be good.

nqcowboy87

Bench
apparently there australias only gay rugby club, who do they play against
i bet their intra-club matches must get pretty heated:p

Flapper

First Grade
Umm, Flapper... it wasn't.

myannonymoususername posted in agreeance with me at 10:44pm
http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showpost.php?p=5721549&postcount=1339

You contributed to this thread with your dribble at 10:47pm
http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showpost.php?p=5721556&postcount=1342

Ouch.

Tried? I did. I called him an "absolute idiot" - which is what he is. During the Matthew Johns saga he concluded a segment on the whole thing by saying "and that's the end of that whole shebang" and I didn't watch the rest of this show but from what some posters have said on here, he seems to have had another slip.

If you honestly think that Fatty is an intelligent man and a good TV host, you will be in a minority. In fact, you'd be the only one. He is a bumbling, moronic idiot who people laugh at and not with.

I know Richard Reed wasn't offended. The segment wasn't offensive at all. But when Fatty and Soward were trading a few jokes afterwards on the panel, they came close to crossing the line towards being offensive.

One key thing for you to realise ( and I know that at you're level of intelligence this would be difficult to comprehend) is that everyone has different tolerance levels in terms of what is offensive. I'm not gay, but I can understand why gays would be offended by the Elton John segment. I am a Jew and I find South Park hillairious, especially when it is mocking Jews, but my cousins find it despicable.

No I'm not. You can read through my post history, I have always been critical of the Footy Show and a lot of people on this forum who seem to believe that the sport of Rugby League and those involved in it don't have to meet the same moral standards as the rest of us.

It is clear, Flapper, that you are an absolute idiot. You were unable to comprehend my post and understand the point that I am trying to make. The Footy Show are in the middle of an investigation of a segment that some gays consider offensive, and they decide to put themselves in a position where Fatty could have made things a lot worse. Why couldn't they have picked someone else or have someone other than Fatty who doesn't think before words come out of his mouth quite often?

I've never defended Fatty once, I think in this instance he just was going with the flow, as it were.

You can call me an absolute idiot all you like, whatever helps your internet persona, I knew the point you were making, I just thought it was clutching at straws at the time. These gay guys on now may be reinforcing your point about the Richard Reed segment, but it looked you were trying to make something offensive out of something that wasn't.

As for the time thing, I could be wrong, it matters not to me, might to you, not to me. If I'm wrong, it wouldn't be the first time. Doesn't make me the absolute idiot you claim I am.

El Diablo

Post Whore
WTF is this sh*t.

was in the paper the paper http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,25618921-25090,00.html

Rainbow warriors hit NRL

THE meaty blokes on the NRL's The Footy Show are braving the appearance of two-time Gay World Rugby Cup champions the Sydney Convicts (2005 and 2008) on tonight's show. Homophobia in sport is the topic. The show has been running a segment about the forgotten (and fictional) Johns brother, Elton Johns, who loved music and outlandish clothes, unlike his footballing brothers Andrew and Matthew Johns. Sydney's gay community decided to do something about it and asked producer Gary Burns to let them speak. Burns agreed. "The main reason we want to go on the show is to provide a face for gay rugby players to the mainstream media and general public," Convicts club president Charlie Winn says.

Ice Ice Brady

Juniors
Not really. I just hate the Footy Show, always have thought it is an embarassment to the game, and Ch 9's sad attempt to cater to the bogan market. Its neither useful for league news, nor funny, so fails miserably on both counts.

I'd prefer to watch a serious discussion about the footy. NRL on Fox was more like it although I reckon now they spend more time clowning around and less discussing the games.

The model I'd like to see is something like "On the Couch" they used to have late nights on 7 for AFL. Just a couple of journos, and a couple of guests chewing the fat over last week's games, the ones coming up and other stuff to do with the game. Was a decent show. Something similar for league would be good.

I agree with you on all your points there.

One thing I will compliment the Footy Show for is putting Gus on there. Like him or not, he shows passion for the game, can throw in a joke and even when I disagree with him on issues, he has intelligent reasons for his opinion.

Andrew Voss is also quite good but Magnay is rubbish. I know they are trying to have a female on there but I think they could find someone better - she is not funny nor does she add anything besides obvious, cliched questions.

There is not much chemistry on the panel either. Discussions are quite sterile and even with the Bruno Cullen interview at the start, they were interrupting each others' follow-up questions.

Flapper

First Grade

Well they certainly are no angels, I've never suggested otherwise, as I said in my previous post, it looked like a desperate attempt to make a mountain out of a molehill from you and IIB.

I honestly don't want to be on the side of The Footy Show, I watch it because its the only footy-related show I'm home to watch and it does the job.

In other news, they're laying this gay stuff on thick, it's a bit blatantly forced.

Ice Ice Brady

Juniors
I've never defended Fatty once, I think in this instance he just was going with the flow, as it were.
I could be wrong, but you are defending him in that very sentence.

You can call me an absolute idiot all you like, whatever helps your internet persona, I knew the point you were making, I just thought it was clutching at straws at the time. These gay guys on now may be reinforcing your point about the Richard Reed segment, but it looked you were trying to make something offensive out of something that wasn't.
Maybe to someone who cannot understand English.

Let us review what I posted.

I know that segment was not in the slightest bit homophobic, but with Fatty being an absolute idiot, he came mighty close to saying some homophobic shyte afterwards. Why do they want to try and put themselves in that position?
"I know that segment was not in the slightest bit homophobic" was it there?
"he came mighty close to saying some homophobic shyte afterwards." or there?

I'll give you a gold star if you can point out where I tried to make what was on TV offensive.

As for the time thing, I could be wrong, it matters not to me, might to you, not to me. If I'm wrong, it wouldn't be the first time. Doesn't make me the absolute idiot you claim I am.
Yeh it didn't matter to you AT ALL at the time.

Ignoring my rational response in favour of more brainless trolling I see? f**king pathetic.
Well considering my post was before the one agreeing with you that you replied to one would obviously consider it ignored.
But since you were proven wrong, it doesn't matter of course.

God-King Dean

Immortal
Bit of a meh show tonight. The arselicking made me sick.

Magnay.... lol. I think everyone sees her for the dope she is now. I'm just spewing nobody pointed out to her that he isn't playing. Would be about the 20th time in 3 shows she's been made to look foolish.

Stick to News Weekly.

Kiki

First Grade
yes

he defines the Raiders ethos apparently. even though he's not playing

she has nfi and should write for womens weekly

oh man she really said it, i thought people might have heard wrong. oh dear.

Last edited:

Ausguy

Coach
yes she said it....

someone email it in. she is a useless piece of sh*t of the highest order. And gould f**kin gave her a big wrap....

i reckon someone should make a banner at the raiders game to do with dugan.... just for her...

suggestions please??

"JOSH WHERE ARE YOU MAGNAY IS LOOKING FOR YOU....OH THATS RIGHT YOU PLAYED AT 1230pm"

Mole!

natheel

Coach
lol cant stand her so much, she sh*ts me to tears am i making this clear?? give me a break for f**k sake lol

Latest posts