What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Footy Show thread 2009

God-King Dean

Immortal
And gould f**kin gave her a big wrap....

That was the saddest part of the night. You can tell everyone on the panel don't care for her, but they have to sit there & pretend they care about anything she has to say.

I loled my arse off when Magnay suggested there should be a mandatory 2 women on every clubs board.

Kiki

First Grade
I loled my arse off when Magnay suggested there should be a mandatory 2 women on every clubs board.

yeh im all for getting women more involved in the game but the idea of having a Lady Quota kinda terrifies me. it would cause so much resentment.

Ausguy

Coach
That was the saddest part of the night. You can tell everyone on the panel don't care for her, but they have to sit there & pretend they care about anything she has to say.

There would not be 32 birds who would want to be on a RL teams board in Australia.... not 32 genuine people interested and i would stand by that and love to be proved wrong.

natheel

Coach
i cringe everytime its her turn to review or give her thoughts on a match. and how come she was talking about equine flu when it was about swine flu? did she actually have a valid point coz i was walking out of the room at that point

Dragon

Coach
Cmon guys, give Magnay a break. Its not important knowing who's in and who's out. What IS important to know is that all rugby league players are rapists and perverts and are coming to get you, and the next big scandal is always just around the corner. So go and buy the newspaper/tabloid mag every day like good little sheep.

Ausguy

Coach
she is embarrassing for the show. Like it needs to be more embarrassing than it already is. I cant stand her, very rarely wach it but watched tonight to hear what she had to say. God i miss sterlo... the only unbiased professional person not driven by any agenda on the show in its history.

Kiki

First Grade
There would not be 32 birds who would want to be on a RL teams board in Australia.... not 32 genuine people interested and i would stand by that and love to be proved wrong.

thats bullsht. theres already hundreds of women working in the lower levels of rugby league. not to mention all the women who follow the game and love it.

its not the idea of having women involved in upper management/boards that bothers me, because i think thats a good idea. but it should be something happens organically and not like affirmative action.

thats bullsht. theres already hundreds of women working in the lower levels of rugby league. not to mention all the women who follow the game and love it.

its not the idea of having women involved in upper management/boards that bothers me, because i think thats a good idea. but it should be something happens organically and not like affirmative action.

If they fit the job there should never be a reason not to give them a go.

Brutus

Referee
the dopey bith actually knows f**k all about the game. she's just there to rubbish it

Her appearances on TFS show she knows nothing about the game and I think it's time to move on. We need a good female journo who is passionate about the game. Are there any?

I know Debbie Spillane was passionate about the code once upon a time before a few issues around Super League time killed it for her. She was a hardcore Doggies fan and loved the game.

Magnay is only interested in league scandal which is a shame.

Last edited:

Brutus

Referee
Tried? I did. I called him an "absolute idiot" - which is what he is. During the Matthew Johns saga he concluded a segment on the whole thing by saying "and that's the end of that whole shebang" and I didn't watch the rest of this show but from what some posters have said on here, he seems to have had another slip.

It's just sad that we have come to this where every little slip up, however innocent, is being criticised by dickheads like you.

There is an agenda against Vautin and the anti-Vautin, politically correct brigade are just waiting to pounce.

Maybe Fatty should come out next week and say "Mediterranean Descendant, Mediterranean Descendant chk chk boom" and just end his career there and then.

franklin2323

Immortal

yeah that got me fired up to!!! wat rubbish NO1 Male or Female should get anty position because of there gender etc. If a female is suitable then fine no problems but to say they need 2 per club is wrong.

Where did they get this creature from?? She has no idea. Y do we need a female journalist for?

That Emily chick goes alright. or even Jason Taylor's woman. We have a journalist on the Panel andrew voss falls into that category he hasn't played footy before and works in the media IMO we can have any female with knowledge. Lots of clubs have female marketing managers trainers etc. Even they would be fine at least they know the game

Rockin Ronny

Juniors
There is an agenda against Vautin and the anti-Vautin, politically correct brigade are just waiting to pounce.
There is an agenda by all right-moinded people who don;t like imbeciles.

Vautin is an embarrassment and has been for years. he was only made head of the show because Manly ran the league at the time. He's a dinosaur who can't avoid stupid comments even when he tries.

Ice Ice Brady

Juniors

Vautin is an embarrassment and has been for years. he was only made head of the show because Manly ran the league at the time. He's a dinosaur who can't avoid stupid comments even when he tries.

Don't bother trying to talk sense to Brutus. He is one of those people who believe that anyone involved in the NRL are angels, regardless of what they do - it's all the media's fault!

Brycey

Juniors
Bring back Sterlo, bring back Blocker.

Anyone see Blocker on that OneHD NRL segment last nigh at about 8:30. He was good, better that what Fatty has to offer1

Brutus

Referee

Yep I agree Vautin jumped the shark a while back and it is time for the show to look for another host, but it's the continual jibing and analysis of every little mistake that he might make that gets a bit tiresome, especially when there's an obvious agenda attached to it. It's got to the stage where just because it comes out of Vautin's mouth, it's horrific!!

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Emily Barker -----------------------------> Jackie Magnay.

Get Emily on the show you merkins :fist: