What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Footy Show thread 2009

Brutus

Referee
Yes...come on down Miss Barker!!

Let's hope she does have a true passion for the game.

Last edited:

God-King Dean

Immortal
Tbf, reporting & interviewing players wouldn't be nearly as difficult as being on a panel giving your own opinion.

But for sheer hotness... definitely. Magnay starting to look like a dude.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Oh, I know that Deano, but from what I've seen of Emily on the Sunday Footy Show, she'll offer much more than Magnay. And yes, because she's hot is also an added bonus.

dontmakemeangry

Juniors
Bring back Sterlo, bring back Blocker.

Anyone see Blocker on that OneHD NRL segment last nigh at about 8:30. He was good, better that what Fatty has to offer1

Certainly did see Blobber on 10 HD and he was a f**ken embarressment the fat f**k.

When he wasn't trying to be tough with his fellow panelists he made no sense what so ever about anything.

f**ken Dinosaur who should be kept where he is.........CCT Dribble.

[FKN-SIK]

Juniors
I only caught the last 10 minutes last night. Will download the episode and watch it later tonight or something

nqcowboy87

Bench
im not a fan of mgnay but emily barker chick seems like a reporter that gets given her stories and back stories and just reports stuff without a general knowledge of the game, although she is hot, but if we wanted to go down that road, theres a chick yvonne samson or sampson that does the sports reporting for regional queensland based on the sunny coast for channel 7 and she actually plays the game and she is a frikkin stunner maybe channel 9 can poach her

with female ceos that is a big no-no, maybe board or admin but not ceo's

Ausguy

Coach
thats bullsht. theres already hundreds of women working in the lower levels of rugby league. not to mention all the women who follow the game and love it.

its not the idea of having women involved in upper management/boards that bothers me, because i think thats a good idea. but it should be something happens organically and not like affirmative action.

Gee Kiki you dont really understand what im saying do you?

Im saying there wouldnt be 32 women interested in being on the boards of 16 nrl clubs. How many is there now? I dare say none???

Im NOT saying they dont have the ability to do it, im saying i dont think that if the blanket rule came in that all clubs must have 2 women that it could be achieved without just putting 2 token women in to fill the required quota.

Ice Ice Brady

Juniors

Im saying there wouldnt be 32 women interested in being on the boards of 16 nrl clubs. How many is there now? I dare say none???

Im NOT saying they dont have the ability to do it, im saying i dont think that if the blanket rule came in that all clubs must have 2 women that it could be achieved without just putting 2 token women in to fill the required quota.

You would have no problem finding women capable and willing to be on the boards of NRL clubs.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Then you have no idea. Do you know how many board members of big comapnies are female in this country? Thousands!

I would want to see the best person be CEO or board member, regardless of what gender they are.

franklin2323

Immortal
Then you have no idea. Do you know how many board members of big comapnies are female in this country? Thousands!

I would want to see the best person be CEO or board member, regardless of what gender they are.

I think that's people's point. The Best person not gender of the person. If Put the shoe on the other foot. I wouldn't like to be on a netball ceo or something just because I am a dude. If I am best suited sweet

Kiki

First Grade

what in the hell are you basing this on?? have you done some sort of survey that we are unaware of?

Chook Norris

First Grade
theres a chick yvonne samson or sampson that does the sports reporting for regional queensland based on the sunny coast for channel 7 and she actually plays the game and she is a frikkin stunner maybe channel 9 can poach her

yvonne-sampson.jpg

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
As long as they keep Magnay where she belongs (far away from any TV studio), then they can keep this set-up as long as they like. With Gus on-board they've got the right balance and are really talking footy, it's good TV and it's just refreshing I think. If you can overlook Fatty's odd stupid comment and the continual guests from other codes I think it's on a winner.