What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Footy Show thread 2009

Big Pete

Referee
what happened to the other knob he used to be on with? Ash?

He still works for Nova but for whatever reason hasn't appeared on the footy show at all in 09. Good riddance, he was too wooden.

EDIT: I'm extremely late to the party, but for Frank Zappa fan's the senator's name is extremely fitting.

Danish

Referee
Didnt the other bloke have an incident where he knocked some bloke down for walking across their skit at the brisbane easter show or something?

El Diablo

Post Whore
Didnt the other bloke have an incident where he knocked some bloke down for walking across their skit at the brisbane easter show or something?

the Lutsy bloke got belted by some fella a year or two ago. is that what you're thinking of?

Liam

Juniors
What on earth were they thinking when the got that chick to come out after the animals? Would have looked great if Patten had of fondled her on live television, especially after all the recent scandals.

Kiki

First Grade
I must say Michael Hodgeson showed some personality and should be used as a Bulldogs corrospondent from here on in.

yeh i liked him!

oh man bringing out that girl in the bikini was just....i was speechless. especially when Hodgson had just said he has a wife and 2 little girls, then they make him fondle a half naked girl on tv. niceeeee.

i dont think the footy show ever mean any offence, but some of the stuff they put on just leaves me mystified as to who is making the decisions.

Big Pete

Referee
Neither Liam or Kiki, I groaned and I was glad Hodgeson was hesitant with his inspection otherwise it could've lead to a very nervous moment for him.

They seem to keep towing the line TFS and they need to do some damage control for awhile. Another moment that lead me to raise my eyebrow was Vossy asking Finch who he believed would appear in an NRL rendition. Essentially asking who is most likely to get s**t-faced reguarly. Finch knew this and his response came accross as extremely hesitant.

Kiki

First Grade
yeh that was really weird and uncomfortable, why were they talking about that movie on the footy show? i didnt get it.

i just cant believe after they get in trouble for a homophobic skit that they wouldnt be more thoughtful about the stuff they put on. and like even the thing about Kidwellthen they showed the video of Indians hanging off a train...its just....i dont even know the right word for it. makes me uncomfortable i guess.

i honestly believe no one at the show would ever deliberately want to offend or hurt a viewer, it just seems that sometimes they dont think it through properly.

Eelementary

Post Whore
They're careless and oblivious.

I think sometimes they try to copy The Chasers with their style of comedy. Clearly, they fail, but the parallels are there in my opinion.

Brutus

Referee
what happened to the other knob he used to be on with? Ash?

Did you know Ash used to play QLD Cup for Norths back in the mid 90s before they became the Melb feeder club.

Agreed that they are knobish.

Last edited:

Brutus

Referee
He still works for Nova but for whatever reason hasn't appeared on the footy show at all in 09. Good riddance, he was too wooden.

EDIT: I'm extremely late to the party, but for Frank Zappa fan's the senator's name is extremely fitting.

Sheik Yerbouti dude ;-)

What happened to Gus tonight anyone know?

I love the bunker I have to say but the show seemed to lack the depth and discussions from previous weeks I must say.

Rockin Ronny

Juniors
In 2009, News Limited, the owner of the game (and other "journalists") have exploited every opportunity to expose sex and alcohol scandals in rugby league. This week has been Women in League week.

So, as the Zappia scandal quietens, the Footy Show:
1. Introduces a question to the guest, basically "who are the biggest drinkers in rugby league?"; and
2. They bring on a female bodybuilder who is groped by 2 players PLUS she is referred to as as stripper.

Brilliantly played.

i thought that was brilliant.

one week. its woman in league. magnay on the high horse about cronulla and its all pc.

next week. blindfolded footy players feel up a bikini girl.

what a show.

i agree on hodgson though. came across well on tv.

Latest posts