What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Footy Show thread 2009

Firey_Dragon

Coach
They're careless and oblivious.

I think sometimes they try to copy The Chasers with their style of comedy. Clearly, they fail, but the parallels are there in my opinion.
The chasers fail at chaser style of comedy. They'll be lucky to get back on the air after their last skit. They push the boundaries, sometimes the footy show does, but they just push it in stupid areas they shouldn't go.

Apart from the packs v backs, I thought the show was pretty solid. The show has actually had some genuinely funny moments, and still talked footy, which I can't say has happened for a number of years now.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
What on earth were they thinking when the got that chick to come out after the animals? Would have looked great if Patten had of fondled her on live television, especially after all the recent scandals.
If that had have happened, I dare say they would have edited it out. It's not live ;-)

As for the show, I thought it was ok, probably not as good as in recent weeks. That was probably because Gus wasn't there and even though there are a lot of people who don't like him, at least he talks football. Sure, there was a bit of that on the show last night, but nowhere near as much as there has been.

Michael Hodgson and to a lesser extent Luke Patten were surprisingly well-spoken. It's refreshing to know footballers are actually capable of stringing sentences together.

Rockin Ronny

Juniors
It's refreshing to know footballers are actually capable of stringing sentences together.

These guys are not English professors - and shouldn't be expected to speak as if they are.

People want to see 95% footy talked about on the Footy Show.

Voss still thinks he's a funnyman. Vautin is a dribbler and past his use-by date. I thought Finch did pretty well overall.

Gus is good - if he can ease up a bit on the agenda. The time for the big fight was in the 90's against News Limited - and most people with a voice in the game did nothing. So, it seems a bit pissweak seeing Gus being the voice of defiance now.

What Footy Shows need - as proven by the AFL boys - is players who can express their opinion without the Footy Nazis clamping them down.

Patten's call on referees - "sop interfering" - was great. Should be more of it from players.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Pretty sure the "feel up the woman" deal was to get another Coffs Harbour going for the 'Dogs... :sarcasm:

wittyfan

Referee
Hodgson was a very nice surprise! Very blokey and beefy.

I do wonder if the bikini thing was a ruse just to get Magnay to quit in disgust.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Wonder if Gus will front up tonight and if they'll try to convince him to coach NSW...

Latest posts