What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Footy Show thread 2010

CGD

Juniors
I seriously didn't know if that gadget segment was a gee up or just an epic fail. None of the gadgets worked, not to mention the unintentional sex puns. "Look down here Darryl I have something to show you."
I can't believe those puns were unintentional. I reckon he got in no less than 10 of them, it was no coincidence. It was either part of the segment that was an epic failure, or the whole thing was a gee up, which I tend to believe. Even if the gadgets did work, what merit (even for Footy Show standards) could producers see in it? Just some total random guy with a completely out of the blue segment? Reeks of stitch up, like that mock wedding proposal.

You could tell it wasn't just from the look of utter despair on the poor blokes face when it was over.

yeah, by the end I realised it wasn't. To be fair to him, the big marn didn't make it easy for him, especially with the beer box thing.

Knightmare

Coach
But honestly, if you have 3 "fun" gadgets and even a dumbarse like Brohman can show up what a crock of s**t they are, you fail at life. Epicly. You should go swallow a container of rat poison and be done with it, save yourself becoming like these people who come into my work at 9am reeking of piss and grime and god-knows what else to buy their daily flagon of port and drunkenly reflect on what a failure they are.

cleary89

Coach
Why did he think some fiddly box opening thing would be good for a dumsh*t viewers and audience? And bubble blower maching? Atleast bring on cool gadgets.

fourplay

Juniors
Beau Ryan was hilarious again. :lol:

Beau Ryan and Small Talk with Darryl Brohman are the two main reasons I watch.

Beau Ryan is a footy player and his comedy segments are better than the paid professional comedy department on the footy show and just about every comedian they've had on.

Timbo

Staff member
yeah, by the end I realised it wasn't. To be fair to him, the big marn didn't make it easy for him, especially with the beer box thing.

Yeah, Brohman was a bit of a c**k to him for no real reason other than he could be.

natheel

Coach
some of the beau ryan stuff went over the audiences heads a bit, the taking a sh*t part was pretty funny haha and the 'wilson' take off from castaway haha such a tool but funny

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
some of the beau ryan stuff went over the audiences heads a bit, the taking a sh*t part was pretty funny haha and the 'wilson' take off from castaway haha such a tool but funny

"Hey guys just taking a sh*t in ya camp" haha made me spill my drink I thought it was hilarious.

Poor gadget guy, f**king cringeworthy they weren't gadgets they were just random pieces of junk from any cheap shop in Australia.

jeez a bit harsh there, he kinda reminded me of old gil of the simpsons

gil01.gif

and what about the pub building excercise, shambolic

FMD someone else beat me to it.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
But honestly, if you have 3 "fun" gadgets and even a dumbarse like Brohman can show up what a crock of s**t they are, you fail at life. Epicly. You should go swallow a container of rat poison and be done with it, save yourself becoming like these people who come into my work at 9am reeking of piss and grime and god-knows what else to buy their daily flagon of port and drunkenly reflect on what a failure they are.
Brohman a dumbarse?

He may play the fool in most situations for his media career, but he's one of the most intelligent people in the game.

The Tank

Bench
"Dear Tim Sheens. I don't know how long I've been stranded on this godforsaken island. Just wanted to tell you I think I'm either going to be late for training or DEAD. Either way, please don't make me do pushups. Love Beau." :lol:

Did anyone actually work out what the hell that beer can thing was supposed to do?

It's supposed to be some puzzle thing where you open the box by pulling strings. Brohman just made him look stupid with that one.

I think the bloke who went on was stitched up, and they gave him dodgey 'gadgets' but it still made great TV.

GC_Gladiator

Juniors
I enjoyed the show last night. One of the funniest shows they've had for a long time, and the inclusion of Brohman on the panel has been pretty good. Beau Ryan made me laugh.

Big Pete

Referee
"Dear Tim Sheens. I don't know how long I've been stranded on this godforsaken island. Just wanted to tell you I think I'm either going to be late for training or DEAD. Either way, please don't make me do pushups. Love Beau." :lol:

It's his delivery that really sold that part.

Rockin Ronny

Juniors
It's his delivery that really sold that part.

Mate - you nailed it.

Matty Johns is a try-hard, wannabe stand-up comic - but he hasn't got the talent.

Beau Ryan has genuine timing and the ability to deadpan. He's bloody good.

But the whole show is an embarrassment to the code.
Mario was a pyscho footballer - but he is a joke, a whipping boy abd you can only say "Fat, fat, fat" so often before it becomes cringeworthy.

benji marshall goes Ok because he has some spark. Even young was Ok.

but they have to stop trying to overplay it.

Mr Saab

Referee
Mario is pathetic. He must be gettig paid 100 every time he says "fat"....and 1000 every time he says "roll on deoderant head" or "heart like a split pea". He was funny 12 yrs ago when they played pranks on him...now he is lower than Paul Harragon

Latest posts