What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Footy Show thread 2010

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Say what you want about Wendall, but you got to respect the way he looks out for the younger players. Fat (unintentional or not) was being a bit of a dick to Coote, but Wendall did his part to get Coote, who is obviously shy and uncomfortable in the spotlight, involved.

His constant Dragons propoganda is wearing a bit thin though. You'd think he'd been with them for 10 years and won 3 premierships the way he carries on.

hellteam

First Grade
League of their Own is so boring now... it used to actually be funny with humorous things that happened during junior matches, now it's just parents who think their kid is awesome sending in videos of standard under 7's tries.

fourplay

Juniors
Say what you want about Wendall, but you got to respect the way he looks out for the younger players. Fat (unintentional or not) was being a bit of a dick to Coote, but Wendall did his part to get Coote, who is obviously shy and uncomfortable in the spotlight, involved.

Yeah..I'm not sure why Fatty belittles the guests when they speak up.

He did it too Scott Prince a couple weeks ago when Prince made that Ben Jeffries look alike joke, and then did it tonight when Sam Burgess said that it looked like streakers had invaded the field... which was actually pretty funny.
\
Disappointing show considering it was a Post-Origin one

but in saying that most weeks are pretty disappointing
*sigh*

I think they struggle a bit without Phil Gould.

Also no one on the panel is prepared to be honest because they all want to be friends with the players.

Last edited:

Big Pete

Referee
And the only one's who want to be candid come off as d**ks because they never played first grade Rugby League.

Brutus

Referee
f**k me, talk about pimping your own mates. When asked what changes should be made for game 2, Stuart claims no bias and then suggests Gallen, Barrett and Snowden. Not to be outdone Sailor then blows in and pimps Dean Young and Beau Scott, is he f**ken serious??

No Gus Gould tonight, pretty disappointing...

No Gould? I IQ'd the thing and won't bother watching it now.

The sooner that show realises that getting learned rugby league people on there who aren't afraid to say what they really think, the better it will be. Sounds weird saying that about a show that has been on for 16 years.

After Origin, Gould would have been perfect.