What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Footy Show thread 2010

Firey_Dragon

Coach
Canberra are nothing without their juniors. Both the Eels and Saints are good for a signing or two. Secondly, Dugan is more than just another junior, he is a pretty rare talent and will develop into a player capable of leading a team to a premiership.
Up until Bennett arrived we rarely signed players externally. Soward being the only real recruit of note and he was on the scrap heap at the Roosters when we got him.

nqcowboy87

Bench
because unlike canberra, saints are situated in a place that is geographically easier to attract talent
Canberra have home grown talent, talent good enough to be the very tops of their game like Dugan, but we cant attract these players from outside our area but no young 20 something year old with fame, fortune and a profile wants to waste it in a small country town like canberra, when they can earn the same money (or even slightly less) to be where the action is in Sydney, Brisbane or Melbourne, near the beaches, nightlife and big city atmosphere... Hell even Townsville is a hot spot for back packers who dont mind getting amongst it... canberra weather accurate or not has an image of a boring dull town, choc full of public servants, with no night life, or beach or anything that appeals to the 18-30 year old high income demographic

really, if a guys going to go to a place with the most nightclubs are i dont think i really care if he goes if thats his attitude.

Should I ever see Noyce or that rorting scum O'Sullivan in the street I will set them on fire.

what is it with canberra fans and setting people on fire

cleary89

Coach
the juniors you get from the sutherland shire ;-)

lol good one, they are all illawarra juniors. only one we have now im pretty sure is boso who i played all my junior footy against, but he wont get a run in the nrl anyway.

nqcowboy87

Bench
*swooosh*

i think that was the point flying above your head.

why, thats basically what you said anyway, and then called for the raiders to get cap exemptions cause its a boring place. anyway this is a footyshow thread not a juniors debate

MsStorm

Bench
He just tried to make excuses for the Storm making legal action etc, despite not 100% agreeing with it, he dodged a few questions etc. He wouldn't confirm anything until legal action had been dealt with as he feels everyone has a right to a fair say in reagrds to the NRL's decision and that's why they were looking into legal avenues for an impartial view. When asked what were the chances of them keeping the big 4 he said it was up in the air, but they were all keen to stay.

Thanks.

I did see some of that on Foxsport tonight. Unfortunately if you live in Melbourne and thetennis/cricket is on, we miss out on the REAL footy show.

Raider_69

Post Whore
why, thats basically what you said anyway, and then called for the raiders to get cap exemptions cause its a boring place. anyway this is a footyshow thread not a juniors debate

Wrong, but have a good read of my post and try again, the point is fairly obvious, no one else seems to have trouble getting it.

but your right, this is not the place for this discussion

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
I'm watching the boxing on Fox, but I caught Beau.

f**king brilliant. He's much more talented as a comedian than a footballer. A pretty good mimmick.

Apey

Staff member
lol it's so awkward when the footy players interview each other... how ya going mate?