What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Footy Show thread 2010

Paullyboy

Coach
I'm happy to finance someone 'underbelly style' to burn down the Roosters HQ - couldn't care less if people are in it or not. I'd support AFL before I helped anyone associated with the Roosters, they are trying their hardest to kill rugby league.

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
We didn't get the NRL Footy Show tonight and I understand Rob Moodie made an appearance. Could someone fill me in with what he said?

Well that's just typical of channel 9, I put on GO at 12:30am when the Tennis and cricket was on ch 9 and the fumbleball show was being shown, I switched back and watched their pathetic coverage of two sports at once instead :roll:

f**k ch9.

Darius Boyd was Australian Schoolboys fullback, doesn't mean he's any good though.

I'm not the biggest Darius Boyd fan but that's not a very good example. He's a rep player who's fullback for the competition leading side.

Haydon Hodge IS good.

Paullyboy said:
I'm happy to finance someone 'underbelly style' to burn down the Roosters HQ - couldn't care less if people are in it or not. I'd support AFL before I helped anyone associated with the Roosters, they are trying their hardest to kill rugby league.

I'd love to pump a clip full into Roosters HQ DK's boys style lol.

Oh well, at least we f*cked up Toddy's ribs. He hasn't been the same since that game.

cleary89

Coach
The Darius Boyd thing had to be a joke lol.

Oh and why the f**k does everyone care about Canberra loosing Dugan. Saints loose 75% of juniors they produce to sh*t clubs who don't produce juniors i.e. Roosters and Dogs. Why does everyone suddenly give a sh*t when its Canberra, not saints or parra.

Greenbits

Juniors

Oh and why the f**k does everyone care about Canberra loosing Dugan. Saints loose 75% of juniors they produce to sh*t clubs who don't produce juniors i.e. Roosters and Dogs. Why does everyone suddenly give a sh*t when its Canberra, not saints or parra.

Canberra are nothing without their juniors. Both the Eels and Saints are good for a signing or two. Secondly, Dugan is more than just another junior, he is a pretty rare talent and will develop into a player capable of leading a team to a premiership.

Raider_69

Post Whore

because unlike canberra, saints are situated in a place that is geographically easier to attract talent
if you lose a guy you can go out and find someone to replace him very easily.
Canberra have home grown talent, talent good enough to be the very tops of their game like Dugan, but we cant attract these players from outside our area but no young 20 something year old with fame, fortune and a profile wants to waste it in a small country town like canberra, when they can earn the same money (or even slightly less) to be where the action is in Sydney, Brisbane or Melbourne, near the beaches, nightlife and big city atmosphere... Hell even Townsville is a hot spot for back packers who dont mind getting amongst it... canberra weather accurate or not has an image of a boring dull town, choc full of public servants, with no night life, or beach or anything that appeals to the 18-30 year old high income demographic

thats why, clubs like canberra NEED junior retention, as we are simply at a geographical disadvantage to most of the competition. We need players like Dugan to stick with our club to give us a chance... and to be honest we need more help from the NRL to be strong. This competition needs the Canberra Raiders, we are providing a path way for a HUGE base of junior RL players through the riverina/group 9 area.

They need Canberra and they need canberra to be a place kids want to play, if that means we get cap concessions or if that means we structure the cap to allow clubs like Canberra to gain benifits for their development, then thats what the NRL needs to do.
AFL, Union, pending A-league team... they are all coming into this area or are already here trying to kill our game off, and our code sits on their hands not lifting a finger to help us fight off other codes. Helping us retain a star like Dugan is the easiest way to keep Canberra a RL town.

Johns Magic

Referee
Probably because no one actually wants to go to Canberra so holding onto who they have is more important for them than the Dragons. If the Dragons lose a junior they can just get Wayne Bennett on the phone to Darius Boyd, Jeremy Smith or Michael Weyman and they'll jump at the opportunity.

The Knights have the same problem..

cleary89

Coach
Not everyone in footy wants to be semi famous, walking around with everyone knowing them. Most are f**kwits and do, but not everyone.

I agree more needs to be done about retaining juniors, but f**k me, the way you guys go on about dugan makes it seem like he is the only guy you have ever produced. Your not the only club who gets robbed of its juniors.

Johns Magic

Referee
because unlike canberra, saints are situated in a place that is geographically easier to attract talent
if you lose a guy you can go out and find someone to replace him very easily.
Canberra have home grown talent, talent good enough to be the very tops of their game like Dugan, but we cant attract these players from outside our area but no young 20 something year old with fame, fortune and a profile wants to waste it in a small country town like canberra, when they can earn the same money (or even slightly less) to be where the action is in Sydney, Brisbane or Melbourne, near the beaches, nightlife and big city atmosphere... Hell even Townsville is a hot spot for back packers who dont mind getting amongst it... canberra weather accurate or not has an image of a boring dull town, choc full of public servants, with no night life, or beach or anything that appeals to the 18-30 year old high income demographic

thats why, clubs like canberra NEED junior retention, as we are simply at a geographical disadvantage to most of the competition. We need players like Dugan to stick with our club to give us a chance... and to be honest we need more help from the NRL to be strong. This competition needs the Canberra Raiders, we are providing a path way for a HUGE base of junior RL players through the riverina/group 9 area.

They need Canberra and they need canberra to be a place kids want to play, if that means we get cap concessions or if that means we structure the cap to allow clubs like Canberra to gain benifits for their development, then thats what the NRL needs to do.
AFL, Union, pending A-league team... they are all coming into this area or are already here trying to kill our game off, and our code sits on their hands not lifting a finger to help us fight off other codes. Helping us retain a star like Dugan is the easiest way to keep Canberra a RL town.

Ah sorry, clicked on the thread, went and grabbed some food and then came back 20 minutes later and posted a reply as if I'd just opened it.

Pretty much, yeah, what R69 said.

skeepe

Immortal
The Roosters are scum. I hope they fold the bunch of merkins. f**king scum club with f**king merkin supporters. f**k off you maggots!

Eels Dude

Coach
Agree with Raider69 also. I can't think of one high profile player the Raiders have signed in the past decade. Shillington has been a terrific buy, but he wasn't a star when they signed him. Who else? A 75 year old Jason Smith. No other big names I can think of and the reasons are because of what Raider said.

skeepe

Immortal
Should I ever see Noyce or that rorting scum O'Sullivan in the street I will set them on fire.

Vossy

Bench

the juniors you get from the sutherland shire ;-)

Big Pete

Referee
Raiders would have a pretty awesome 'origin' team made up of players who made the grade under that club.

Just look at the spine...

1. Josh Dugan
6. Terry Campese
7. Todd Carney
9. Michael Monaghan