What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Footy Show thread 2010

Eels Dude

Coach
Whoah... this is one weird Footy Show. Poor Hindy and Thaiday, they had no idea what was going on during that segment and it wasn't their fault. The producers and Fatty screwed that up big time. And let Beau Ryan do what he does best instead of trying to turn him into another Matty Johns who portrays characters. He's such a naturally funny bloke, let him stick to his natural humour. Having him do a Matty Johns character portrayal was just painful to watch.

timka4

Bench
Beau was average tonight, some funny stuff, but really ruined the flow of the show. Like during the Kingston interview, he was just about to start up when Beau completely changed topic. Stick to Beau Knows.

Sam didn't look like he wanted to be on the show, probably hung over as f**k.
Kevin Kingston looked like the only person on the show that was interested in being there, besides Beau

beave

Coach
I thought Kingston was actually quite good, shame he got cut off pretty much. Seems like a genuine lad.

MacDougall

First Grade
Tough guy Sam Thaiday is tough.

Hey everybody Thaiday is tough.

Did you notice he was tough?

Get a life you joke of a human.

kmav23

Juniors
if u watch the AFL show... its actually funny...

they change hosts.... keep things fresh

nqcowboy87

Bench
i thought keving kingston handled himself well, he seems pretty smart. i thought beau was good apart from that doggies bit, thats kinda sad

Coastbloke

Bench
i thought beau was good apart from that doggies bit, thats kinda sad

Nah, anything that pokes fun at the Bulldogs fans stupidity and general stereotypical image is funny as... :p

Did you see the looks on some of the Dogs fans in the audience. They wanted to start a fight but it looked too even.. :lol: :lol:

cornerposter

Juniors
Fittlers rant was pathetic.
Was Fittler sober? Deadset this guys dribbles. I actually get the feeling someone writes this for him and he regurgitates it.

Fittler's nothing more than a mouthpiece for Gould. No doubt Gould would have scripted his piece last night but Freddie was too f**kin' stupid to stay on script and ended up rambling about sh*t.

Sounds to me like the next NSWRL board member :lol:

Coastbloke

Bench
Fittler made complete sense..

Fittler >>>>>> Some LU posters..

As for the quality of the show, what do you want..??..It's a Rugby League variety show, not quizmasters..if you want cerebral satifaction, go to the ABC os SBS when the soccers over..

beave

Coach
I get what he wanted to say.

But he isn't eloquent enough to actually put it into words that make him look remotely intelligent.
He wanted Gould to be the man (like Bennett) to try and implement some changes, when Fatty responded with 'well Gus doesn't want anything to do with the NSWRL until changes are made" (or words to that effect), Fittler's response '...............well.............ummmm.......well we need someone to do it"

As I said earlier, he started off well, giving the background and so fort as to why QLD set up the academy and the emerging squad back in 2001, but from there it just turned into a rambling mess. When he started on about Tonie Carrol and Craig Smith, he lost me.

The Gambler

Juniors
I get what he wanted to say.

But he isn't eloquent enough to actually put it into words that make him look remotely intelligent.
He wanted Gould to be the man (like Bennett) to try and implement some changes, when Fatty responded with 'well Gus doesn't want anything to do with the NSWRL until changes are made" (or words to that effect), Fittler's response '...............well.............ummmm.......well we need someone to do it"

As I said earlier, he started off well, giving the background and so fort as to why QLD set up the academy and the emerging squad back in 2001, but from there it just turned into a rambling mess. When he started on about Tonie Carrol and Craig Smith, he lost me.
Eloquent? Intelligent? Why the hell does he need to be either of those things?

He is a rugby league great FFS. Not a heart surgeon.

He had a point, expressed it with passion, and it made sense...I don't care if his literary capabilities could win him a Nobel Prize or not.

beave

Coach
Eloquent? Intelligent? Why the hell does he need to be either of those things?

He is a rugby league great FFS. Not a heart surgeon.

He had a point, expressed it with passion, and it made sense...I don't care if his literary capabilities could win him a Nobel Prize or not.

what point????

get someone (anyone) in there who can change things around???

what a ground breaking statement from Fittler, I'm sure the people of NSW hadn't thought of that.............. FMD, of course it made sense, he just looked and sounded like a f**king drunken genius the way he went about it.

He probably got no sleep last night, and perhaps wouldnt have eaten anything since yesterday. I'm not surprised.

Yep the 2nd time around he had a laugh I think someone senior with the show told him to wake the f**k up.

RE Fittler, I am seriously thinking he is more than half tanked, he sounds sloshed!

All in all the show was pretty sh*t this week.