What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Footy Show thread 2010

zombat

Juniors
beau ryan pushed it a bit far with the doggies last night, his other segments are funnier ryan palmer and beau knows.

its alright for a cheap laugh, no one is forcing u to watch it

however darryl and his complaining about his life is a tad depressing..

i think the funniest segment this year was "gadget guy" how serious it was meant to be and how bad it failed.

it could be worse, try watching the AFL footy show.

BDH

Juniors
As for the quality of the show, what do you want..??..It's a Rugby League variety show, not quizmasters..if you want cerebral satifaction, go to the ABC os SBS when the soccers over..

No need to go to ABC or SBS, simply watch NRL Tactics, NRL on Fox or the Sunday Footy Show, all of which actually talk Rugby League.

IMO, NRL on Fox is the best "overall" RL show on TV.

Ladmate

Bench
No need to go to ABC or SBS, simply watch NRL Tactics, NRL on Fox or the Sunday Footy Show, all of which actually talk Rugby League.

IMO, NRL on Fox is the best "overall" RL show on TV.

Sunday Roast would like to have a word with you.

Slammin

Juniors
Last nights footy show is at all time low

Fatty - looks old and tired with same jokes..... totally lost with often moments of silent and cringe factor every few minutes....

In the Fat man's defense, he was getting ready to handover to Matty Johns until ch 9 went all high and mighty.

Didgi

disappointed in vossy's comments regarding game in adelaide...sadly, cant imagine a leading commentator mention such negativity in AFL and get away with it.

not a good look, IMO

This. And he didn't just say it once, but 3 or 4 times. Way to show the Adelaide people.

Chook Norris

First Grade
This. And he didn't just say it once, but 3 or 4 times. Way to show the Adelaide people.

it might ignite within them a bit more passion this weekend :sarcasm:

it's not the first time he's voiced his negativity towards Adelaide as well. I've noticed it multiple times on the Sunday Roast

morri (cWo)

First Grade
someone step up and ban this noob already. The show was good last night. Not as good as the matty johns show - covell and gallen were amazing

Loudstrat

Coach
Not as good as the matty johns show -

Jeez it must be crap then.

To be fair, TFS has carried the can for almost 20 years now and has done plenty to focus eyes onto the code. It's had it's good moments (The anti ads, Mahatma Cote, 60 seconds with Sterlo) and it's crap bits (Robbo). Lately I am getting tired of the Wendell Sailor "I love myself" theme, then again he's the NRL version of Sam Newman - and they have had that twat for years.

Law And Order gives me more League pleasure nowdays.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
The Sam v Hindy segment was poorly done but other than that the show was fine.

Some people take things a bit too seriously methinks...

Chook Norris

First Grade
yer, i think they're finally getting the mix right between footy talk and comedy

However, i also thought that Beau hindered the flow at times..

GCR

Juniors
I assume Gallop specifically asked that Gould not be around during his interview - guess he didn't want anyone deviating from the script. What a load of crap, he repeated what he said on the Matty Johns Show word-for-word.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I assume Gallop specifically asked that Gould not be around during his interview - guess he didn't want anyone deviating from the script. What a load of crap, he repeated what he said on the Matty Johns Show word-for-word.

WTF? On Matty he got earbashed by a hack from the Tele and barely got half a word out.

Why the f**k should he have to put up with Gus's rubbish. Gus clearly has an agenda himself.

Latest posts