What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Footy Show thread 2010

Eels Dude

Coach
Eels Dude - people aren't fed up with Hayne, they're fed up with the media fapping over him

Agreed. But like Idris, it's promotional but overall great for the game in Sydney. Having guys like Hayne, Idris, Marshall etc is a great advertisement for rugby league in this city. Fans love these guys, the kids love em. It may be overhyped, but I'd rather the media jerk off over Hayne or Idris then do the same for Folau next year.

so what....hes not allowed to get interviewed? hahahaha whatever mate. i understand people getting sh*tted at the media hype but that interview he didnt seem that bad tbh. and good on him for being an embassador for the special olympics
Did I say I didn't like the bloke? Seems nice enough but the media need to get off his dick.

MacDougall

First Grade
Anybody else notice Te'o's demeanor change to extra serious when he started talking to Lawrence? Sensed some anger there.

Chook Norris

First Grade
Anybody else notice Te'o's demeanor change to extra serious when he started talking to Lawrence? Sensed some anger there.

I didn't really notice it, but he was pretty serious throughout that interview. What are you hinting at though? has there been some animosity between the two in the past at the Tiges?

timka4

Bench
Through a lot of Hayne's interviews he seems fairly genuine with a decent sense of humour. Although he could be completely different off the cameras. If anything I reckon Hayne gets embarrassed by all of the Haynetrain stuff sometimes, especially when he only has to play one great game to get it.
But like what was said before, it is good for the game, for the youngsters and the people who aren't die hard rugby league fans.

He's got a few enemies at the Tigers doesn't he?

From memory he got in a scuffle at his last mad monday at the club (with Corey Payne from memory). His departure wasn't on the best terms, I wouldn't be shocked if there is some bad blood there.

Exactly. If Gus wants to have a crack at this sort of thing he shouldn't be putting everyone offside with his jumping up and down, right or wrong he may be. You know what he'll say anyway.

The fact that guys conducts himself like an out and utter f**kwit, with no regard to etiquette pretty much kills any good idea's he has.

LOL @ the Hayne video with him in full colour and everything else around him in black n white. (and lol at the beep beep train at the start of it)

wank wank wank...

The Gambler

Juniors
Teo had some issues with a few of the Tigers players, Lawrence was not one of them. Looked like Teo actually want to crack a joke or be chatty, but Lawry cut straight into the question.

DeeJ

Bench
From memory he got in a scuffle at his last mad monday at the club (with Corey Payne from memory). His departure wasn't on the best terms, I wouldn't be shocked if there is some bad blood there.

Didn't he almost get into a fight with one of his team mates during a game as well? I remember the tigers were losing and something almost happened in their in goal.

Vic Mackey

Referee
He's got a few enemies at the Tigers doesn't he?

my info is third hand however apparently at his last mad monday he gave it to corey payne for giving away too many penalties (which was true, but teo was hardly in a position to give anyone flack after the season he had) and payne took exception.

they took it outside and payne beat seven shades of sh*t out of him. todd payten tried to break it up and teo spat in his face.

some of the boys then put teo in a cab, however 10 minutes later he was there again looking for payne. when he found him payne proceeded to beat ten shades of sh*t out of him.

after the broncos game i saw teo and farah were quiet chatty, so im guessing the issue may be dead and buried.

Perth Tiger

Bench
my info is third hand however apparently at his last mad monday he gave it to corey payne for giving away too many penalties (which was true, but teo was hardly in a position to give anyone flack after the season he had) and payne took exception.

they took it outside and payne beat seven shades of sh*t out of him. todd payten tried to break it up and teo spat in his face.

some of the boys then put teo in a cab, however 10 minutes later he was there again looking for payne. when he found him payne proceeded to beat ten shades of sh*t out of him.

after the broncos game i saw teo and farah were quiet chatty, so im guessing the issue may be dead and buried.

:lol: If that is true it is about the only decent thing Payne did at the Tigers

forward pass

Coach
In the famous words of MC - whoever did that driveby on Hayne at Kings Cross a couple of years ago should be jailed. For missing him.

Charming comment mate. What a f**ken upstanding citizen you are. That is a shameful comment to make about anyone.