What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Footy Show thread 2010

Johns Magic

Referee
my info is third hand however apparently at his last mad monday he gave it to corey payne for giving away too many penalties (which was true, but teo was hardly in a position to give anyone flack after the season he had) and payne took exception.

they took it outside and payne beat seven shades of sh*t out of him. todd payten tried to break it up and teo spat in his face.

some of the boys then put teo in a cab, however 10 minutes later he was there again looking for payne. when he found him payne proceeded to beat ten shades of sh*t out of him.

after the broncos game i saw teo and farah were quiet chatty, so im guessing the issue may be dead and buried.

LOL sounds like Kangaroo Court went wrong

simmo1

First Grade
Didn't he almost get into a fight with one of his team mates during a game as well? I remember the tigers were losing and something almost happened in their in goal.

Yeah, I think it was Heighington that gave him an almighty spray for another softcock effort by Te'o letting in a try.

Big Pete

Referee
Average show.

Can't believe members on here took exception to the Hayne segment. Please, we all know there's an agenda against him on here, one that rivals the massive love-in the media has but give the guy a break. There was nothing wrong with the segment, he presented himself like any other footballer and looked to of enjoyed himself on the panel.

But I suppose Timmah is right, ten minutes on the show warrants death.

Personally, I found the Voss segment to be far more excruciating. I generally like Vossy, but his presentation of the segment is really lame, had he taken it a bit more seriously and not presented it in a way like 'Yeah I know this is lame...but I'll keep throwing stuff at ya' it may of registered more laughs instead all it did was show me that Parramatta kid was more disrespectful than I first thought.

Aside from that...

Princey seems like a legend.

Despite his slight speech impediment, I thought Lawrence was fairly humble and he brought a good energy to the show.

Te'o is still a bit hit or miss with me. Did anybody else find the later segment with Voss tried to imply something about Benny?

DeeJ

Bench
Was Lawrence trying to grow a moustache or something? Also he looks like an actor from Home and Away, rather than a footballer.

Great player though.

RHCP

Bench
Big Pete said:
Despite his slight speech impediment, I thought Lawrence was fairly humble and he brought a good energy to the show.
I didn't even notice.

Too much Te'o, not enough Ryan.

People seem to be extremely harsh on the show, covers a fair bit of footy with a bit of light hearted relief..... Have to admit love the fat, and Big Darryl's always good value, its not fantastic, cancel surgery stay home for but its a good way to unwind going into a friday.

Didn't he almost get into a fight with one of his team mates during a game as well? I remember the tigers were losing and something almost happened in their in goal.

Hino gave him a massive serve in a game at LO. He'd just let in 2 tries, we'd gone down 18-6 or something along those lines. Sheens brought out the hook straight after. Spent the rest of the game sitting on the bench feeling sorry for himself, with the crowd giving him sh*t.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Charming comment mate. What a f**ken upstanding citizen you are. That is a shameful comment to make about anyone.
As I said, someone else made the comment. I just shared it. It is quite obviously tongue in cheek, but well done for taking exception.

As if anybody would actually wish an NRL player got shot - fair dinkum wake up to yourself. :lol:

FTR, on the whole I think Hayne's a decent bloke and lately his head's been screwed on well but he needs to work on performing to his potential every week. So far this season he's been average.
Average show.

Can't believe members on here took exception to the Hayne segment. Please, we all know there's an agenda against him on here, one that rivals the massive love-in the media has but give the guy a break. There was nothing wrong with the segment, he presented himself like any other footballer and looked to of enjoyed himself on the panel.

But I suppose Timmah is right, ten minutes on the show warrants death.

Personally, I found the Voss segment to be far more excruciating. I generally like Vossy, but his presentation of the segment is really lame, had he taken it a bit more seriously and not presented it in a way like 'Yeah I know this is lame...but I'll keep throwing stuff at ya' it may of registered more laughs instead all it did was show me that Parramatta kid was more disrespectful than I first thought.

Aside from that...

Princey seems like a legend.

Te'o is still a bit hit or miss with me. Did anybody else find the later segment with Voss tried to imply something about Benny?
Mate, my problem wasn't with the Hayne segment, I don't mind them putting stars on to chat and while some of the Christian crap they went on with was nauseating, the interview was otherwise good. What I object to is them blowing smoke up his arse like some sort of demi-God when they put together that ridiculous "All Aboard the HayneTrain" video package before he came on.

As for Vossy, he gives us good news without Weidler's "look at me I have curly red hair and sniff SBW/Mundine's backsides" rubbish, and provides some comic relief at a basic level. It's a bit of light entertainment.
People seem to be extremely harsh on the show, covers a fair bit of footy with a bit of light hearted relief..... Have to admit love the fat, and Big Darryl's always good value, its not fantastic, cancel surgery stay home for but its a good way to unwind going into a friday.
Completely agree, for once. Well said.

Danish

Referee
Was Lawrence trying to grow a moustache or something? Also he looks like an actor from Home and Away, rather than a footballer.

Great player though.

I thought it was the panthers bloke who looked like he was on coke?

redvscotty

First Grade
Agreed. But like Idris, it's promotional but overall great for the game in Sydney. Having guys like Hayne, Idris, Marshall etc is a great advertisement for rugby league in this city. Fans love these guys, the kids love em. It may be overhyped, but I'd rather the media jerk off over Hayne or Idris then do the same for Folau next year.

I'd prefer they'd NEVER fap off over Folau.

There is something I do not like about him. Very shady.

Rockin Ronny

Juniors
As if anybody would actually wish an NRL player got shot

Hold on - I would be more than happy to see the whole Manly side shot.

Exceptions:
1. Watmough - pointless expecting a bullet to pierce that thick head;
2. Matai - with him always writhing on the ground with injuries, could never get a clear shot;
3. Peter Peters - harpoons needed, not bullets - know any Japanese?
4. Bob Fulton - no - let's go with the bullets (and throw Hadley in with him).

Manly Scum - put em up against the wall.

dclayw

Juniors
last night was a fairly average show though, in comparison to there efforts in previous weeks
Agree, the previous few weeks have been some of the best for quite a long time, last night was average by comparison.

Hayne segment was over the top (I changed channels).

Everyone is downplaying the cap scandal. IMO it's a very serious matter but not many people are taking it seriously, it will just be swept under the carpet. No wonder the other codes laugh at us at times.

Big Pete

Referee
What I object to is them blowing smoke up his arse like some sort of demi-God when they put together that ridiculous "All Aboard the HayneTrain" video package before he came on.

Fair enough and agree. I just thought the comment was harsh, even as a joke.

As for Vossy, he gives us good news without Weidler's

He repeats old news and is painfully unfunny when doing it. But again, he's far better than Danny who is nothing but a slime ball.

MacDougall

First Grade
Tupac Shaker!! Hahaha.

Good episode. Just enough Wests Tigers.

I don't know whether Hindmarsh is ok or really bad.

Apey

Staff member
I liked Brohmans' comment... something like "Nothing to play for? They're earning bloody 600k a year".

timka4

Bench
I liked Brohmans' comment... something like "Nothing to play for? They're earning bloody 600k a year".

haha yeah that was good, I like Brohman.

Good show tonight, but yer there are a lot of tigers migrating into the show