What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The game against warrington

mickeylane

Bench
Very happy w the win!

Marshall was imperious! Widdup a worthy foil..

Massive probs in the centres when attacking...potential solution would be to park Thompson and Frizzell out wide when attacking near the opposition and let Benji find them ala todays first try for Frizell..

The backline attack from our half could be pedestrian but Im in favour of playing a tight game with a strong kicking game to get us field position and some cheap tries...

Also think that Keating should be considered as 2nd hooker as he's very dangerous around the ruck w his speed - anything that gives us an edge we should b taking.

Merrin is shit!! ran on the spot for 5m gains!! bring in Nappa this year and let Merrin go to Panthers now!

7Seven7

Juniors
O'Brien wasn't that bad in attack and solid in defence but you'd have to rate Cooper ahead of at the moment
Aitken and Mata'utia for certain in the centres. Farrell is a winger IMO and not a centre. Aitken most certainly is and reads the game very well.
Nabuli is huge and the conditions didn't suit yet he was great under the high ball and combined better with Duges in defence better than BMoz in the beginning

Not sure about Eto.
The high balls you refer to where very well shielded by our mob. Obstruction may have played a role in 1 or 2.

His defensive reads were off.

With respect, I was really hoping for more from O'brien. Cooper is a few pegs higher and still has more in the tank.

Its only a trial though, so lets wait and see.

Im remiss on not mentioned Mr Friz. Very very good.

On the up, we only conceded 12 points in hostile territory.

Looking forward to seeing how we play against the Melbourne Storm.

stg666

Juniors
i think nabuli could have done with a bit more help out wide . he had a lot of space to guard at times .

Twenty10

Juniors
Very happy w the win!

Marshall was imperious! Widdup a worthy foil..

Massive probs in the centres when attacking...potential solution would be to park Thompson and Frizzell out wide when attacking near the opposition and let Benji find them ala todays first try for Frizell..

The backline attack from our half could be pedestrian but Im in favour of playing a tight game with a strong kicking game to get us field position and some cheap tries...

Also think that Keating should be considered as 2nd hooker as he's very dangerous around the ruck w his speed - anything that gives us an edge we should b taking.

Merrin is shit!! ran on the spot for 5m gains!! bring in Nappa this year and let Merrin go to Panthers now!

Peter M and of Aitken should snag a centre spot for mine.

Peter M needs to be included he is a better player then both Neilson and Farrell.

I'll say it now if he is continually over looked he will go back to the Knights without question.

2010Dragons

Bench
The poms were hopless. They dropped too many balls and put the game on a platter for us to win.
We got lucky with two of the trys.
We played good footy but the poms were woefull and making it a easy win.

mickeylane

Bench
Peter M needs to be included he is a better player then both Neilson and Farrell.

I'll say it now if he is continually over looked he will go back to the Knights without question.

No chance he's going back to the knights...they have four top line centresand top line wingers jossling for a spot - theres no room for him there..if anything they wil be shedding players soon.. Dragons should be gunning for BJ to come home..

Centres
Gagai
S Matautia
BJ Leilua
P Matautia

Wingers
Mcmanus
Uate
Mamo
C Matautia

BennyV

Referee
No chance he's going back to the knights...they have four top line centresand top line wingers jossling for a spot - theres no room for him there..if anything they wil be shedding players soon.. Dragons should be gunning for BJ to come home..

Centres
Gagai
S Matautia
BJ Leilua
P Matautia

Wingers
Mcmanus
Uate
Mamo
C Matautia

Gagai is still being rumoured to head back to Brisbane, and Pete is better than Pat. Agree we should make a play for BJ, would make more sense then to release (not re-sign) Pete..

tumbidragon

First Grade
Work with his uncle. Said he's had a few sydney clubs having a sniff. He didn't mention any club in particular, but said he'd rather stay at newy being a cc lad.

But money and a starting spot always talks louder than other interests at the end of the day.

kit66

Bench
I think it's crucial that we give O'Brien more time to get used to first grade. If we just go with last years pack we're doomed to fail again. I'm hoping we can get something out of Nutira as well.

Last edited:

tumbidragon

First Grade
Also. For your viewing pleasure :D

Nabuli_zpsoo20rvqj.gif

love my saints

Juniors
Illawarra Mercury notes that though charged with grade one offences that both Nabuli and Marshall escape suspension.
Mary also gave both Nabuli and O'Brien a tick for their performances
I guess that means both will play in round 1
http://www.illawarramercury.com.au/...to-nabuli-dodges-ban-for-high-tackle/?cs=2382

I have no problem with this personally. I think the "bennett and soward" moto worked a treat, your spot is safe, play with no pressure.
I think both Nabuli and O'Brien just need to have faith shown in them and they will be big assets for us.