What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Joint Venture Is Broken

gronkathon

First Grade
Or it merely demonstrates that juniors from Macarthur/Southern Highlands, who aren't on much money, don't want to travel all the way to Concord all the time, especially when it would be quicker to get to other NRL teams. Wests Magpies normally have strong Under 18s and Under 16s teams, so if there isn't many Wests juniors in the Wests Tigers Under 20s side then that shows a failure from Wests Tigers hanging on to them. But some people from the Balmain side of the joint-venture expect complete loyalty from our juniors. Wests Tigers don't deserve complete loyalty.

The majority are not picked up at all so it probably means they dont have the talent and/or dedication for NYC and beyond

Stewie

Juniors
The majority are not picked up at all so it probably means they dont have the talent and/or dedication for NYC and beyond

Probably find that has more to do with all the best young talent in the Macarthur region being poached by other clubs. Wests Tigers seem to have more of an interest in getting kids from Keebra Park when maybe they should be investing in the kids at St Greg's.

gronkathon

First Grade
They have been poached at an early stage by clubs with deeper pockets stepping in.

With WT taking over the admin of Western Suburbs this season hopefull that part of things is a far less common occurence

super_coach

First Grade
No I don't want players like Marshall, Farah & other high profile players to leave, or not come to the club, but if they are too stuck up to live in Macarthur then they can live at Breakfast Point and travel to Campbelltown. It's not like they aren't on enough money to spend on petrol.

Marquee players usually have choices and your living in a fools paradise if you think the likes of Benji would be willing to drive from Breakie point to Cambo every day. My guess is if that was the case they would head off to Bondi Junction or Manly. Rightly or wrongly their are parts of Sydney that are more desirable to a lot of people

Tiger05

First Grade
We want the club based at Campbelltown. It isn't a 50:50 joint-venture like it was meant to be.

You want the club to be based 100% at Campbelltown and you are complaining that it isn't a 50/50 venture.

No I believe the Macarthur area should have it's own NRL team.

Again - you don't want a 50/50 venture - you want a 100% Wests Magpies team.

You see what really pisses me off about these arguments is that you are being completely unreasonable. You don't want a JV - you want the Wests Magpies to be in the NRL.

I think because your opinion is so unreasonable you are left with no option but to make stuff up about how badly you are treated.

Why can't you simply be reasonable and complain about the Wests region not receiving enough support from the Wests Tigers. This would enable a more rational discussion to take place. At the moment the Magpie complainers come across at best as completely unreasonable.

I should add that there is absolutely no favouritism within the Wests Tigers management towards Balmain or Wests. The JV has moved on.

innsaneink

Referee
I really hope you are not refering to me
No....

Marquee players usually have choices and your living in a fools paradise if you think the likes of Benji would be willing to drive from Breakie point to Cambo every day. My guess is if that was the case they would head off to Bondi Junction or Manly. Rightly or wrongly their are parts of Sydney that are more desirable to a lot of people

Spot on.

alien

Referee
Ofcourse I want the Wests Magpies to return to the NRL. Can you blame me? It's because of the way the Wests side of the joint-venture and the Macarthur region is treated by Wests Tigers. The team is mostly just called "The Tigers", you have been able to keep your colours (yes white is one of our colours but you look at a tiger and white is one of it's colours anyway), Concord is in the Balmain district. The Balmain side of the joint-venture gets everything their way. Balmain Football Club is also at Camp Concord so they are there everyday. Why is it last year's WT members merchandise was mostly just orange and black (Balmain's colours), and no white. The cap was just orange and black and the logo was of the tiger but no word "Wests". Well it wasn't meant to be designed like that but they decided to do it anyway. Last year when Wests had their heritage match against Dragons the heritage logo on the WT website was the Balmain heritage logo and they used a black and orange ribbon in the design over that photo of one of the old games between Magpies & St.George. On game day we saw the entertainment and there were orange and black flags instead of black and white. This all happened during the same week which was meant to be Wests' heritage week, not Balmain. It's obvious there are people at Camp Concord who are pissing on the Wests side of the merger and the person who is incharge there is Stephen Humphreys, who was a Balmain person before the joint-venture. Imagine my surprise.

alien

Referee
Beautifully put.

So what happened at the big protest march?

The silence is deafening.
I'll tell you one thing that happened. Some of the people that marched were elderly and when the march finished at Wests Leagues Club a few of them who are members of the club wanted to buy a drink (because the weather was hot and they walked quite a long distance), and use the restroom, and the club wouldn't allow them to come in because they were part of the march. Absolutely disgusting. I hope the local papers write about it.

Last edited:

Deadly

Juniors
I'll tell you one thing that happened. Some of the people that marched were elderly and when the march finished at Wests Leagues Club a few of them who are members of the club wanted to buy a drink (because the weather was hot and they walked quite a long distance), and use the restroom, and the club wouldn't allow them to come in because they were part of the march. Absolutely disgusting. I hope the local papers write about it.

Obviously Balmain & W.Tigers are to blame!

I heard 500 people showed up (which is not bad).

Pity the same number don't turn up to Campbelltown when Wests Magpies play in the NSW Cup.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Ofcourse I want the Wests Magpies to return to the NRL. Can you blame me? It's because of the way the Wests side of the joint-venture and the Macarthur region is treated by Wests Tigers. The team is mostly just called "The Tigers", you have been able to keep your colours (yes white is one of our colours but you look at a tiger and white is one of it's colours anyway), Concord is in the Balmain district. The Balmain side of the joint-venture gets everything their way. Balmain Football Club is also at Camp Concord so they are there everyday. Why is it last year's WT members merchandise was mostly just orange and black (Balmain's colours), and no white. The cap was just orange and black and the logo was of the tiger but no word "Wests". Well it wasn't meant to be designed like that but they decided to do it anyway. Last year when Wests had their heritage match against Dragons the heritage logo on the WT website was the Balmain heritage logo and they used a black and orange ribbon in the design over that photo of one of the old games between Magpies & St.George. On game day we saw the entertainment and there were orange and black flags instead of black and white. This all happened during the same week which was meant to be Wests' heritage week, not Balmain. It's obvious there are people at Camp Concord who are pissing on the Wests side of the merger and the person who is incharge there is Stephen Humphreys, who was a Balmain person before the joint-venture. Imagine my surprise.

Alien, please do yourself a favour and don't follow the Wests Tigers if you aren't happy.

You'd be doing yourself, and everyone else a great favour.

incomparable

Juniors
What a load of dribble that has come from cockroach mouths.

I follow the Wests Tigers in the NRL, not Western Suburbs or Balmain.

I don't give a rats ass about the past, I only care about the future. Being a Victorian, I want MY TEAM to do everything in its power to be successful and not worry about building the team with a bunch a hicks.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Or it merely demonstrates that juniors from Macarthur/Southern Highlands, who aren't on much money, don't want to travel all the way to Concord all the time, especially when it would be quicker to get to other NRL teams.

I live in South West Sydney and travel to North Sydney everyday for work. Do I like it? No, I f**king hate it. But I do it because it is my job.

If any juniors that live in Macarthur seriously switch clubs because they want a shorter trip to work, then I would say they wouldn't be worth the effort.

Making it in the NRL often involves sacrifices, that goes for any sport for that matter. I would say travelling from Campbelltown to Concord is a pretty f**king TINY sacrifice to make if you are trying to make it as a professional sports player. f**king suck it up, that is a joke of an excuse.

Chris Heighington used to travel from the Central Coast to Concord every day and you are bitching about driving from Campbelltown to Concord. Just f**k off.

I repeat, I would be happy to have a merged State Cup side play all games out of Campbelltown. But that team should be called the Wests Tigers, not the f**king Magpies, and they should wear a Wests Tigers jersey and should train at Concord with the first grade side.

Why do I get the feeling that most of the whinging I've read about in the last few weeks simply stems from a bunch of degenerates living in the past who are desperate to cheer for "Wests" again? f**king get over it, the club is the Wests Tigers.

And you are seriously f**king deluded if you think the first grade team should be based out of Campbelltown.

alien

Referee
I live in South West Sydney and travel to North Sydney everyday for work. Do I like it? No, I f**king hate it. But I do it because it is my job.

If any juniors that live in Macarthur seriously switch clubs because they want a shorter trip to work, then I would say they wouldn't be worth the effort.

Making it in the NRL often involves sacrifices, that goes for any sport for that matter. I would say travelling from Campbelltown to Concord is a pretty f**king TINY sacrifice to make if you are trying to make it as a professional sports player. f**king suck it up, that is a joke of an excuse.

Chris Heighington used to travel from the Central Coast to Concord every day and you are bitching about driving from Campbelltown to Concord. Just f**k off.

I repeat, I would be happy to have a merged State Cup side play all games out of Campbelltown. But that team should be called the Wests Tigers, not the f**king Magpies, and they should wear a Wests Tigers jersey and should train at Concord with the first grade side.

Why do I get the feeling that most of the whinging I've read about in the last few weeks simply stems from a bunch of degenerates living in the past who are desperate to cheer for "Wests" again? f**king get over it, the club is the Wests Tigers.

And you are seriously f**king deluded if you think the first grade team should be based out of Campbelltown.
well our juniors that live in macarthur who arent on much money probably would go to other clubs that are closer, yet you and some others expect juniors from macarthur to have absolute loyalty to wests tigers? why the hell should they when wests tigers abuse the south west area and the magpies side of the joint venture? why am i deluded saying the club should be based at campbelltown instead of concord? why does it have to be based in the balmain district who have less juniors? you say you would be happy with the wests tigers nsw cup team playing all games at campbelltown, well that isnt going to happen is it. wests always have strong under 18s and under 16s, which is more than i can say about balmain. i bet if the club was based in campbelltown we would keep alot more of wests' good juniors

alien

Referee
You still here alien?
IM HERE! atleast here you can have your say, unlike on the wests tigers forum which is run by a bunch of nazis. you know they froze the thread about this stuff, and banned people from the wests side of the joint venture. camp concord also try to control what people say about them on the net. they didnt want the wests magpies forum to exist, and they didnt even want the wests tigers forum to exist. i bet they dont like league unlimited either. they are unofficial forums run by the fans for the fans

innsaneink

Referee
Repetitive

788bA.gif

Tiger05

First Grade
well our juniors that live in macarthur who arent on much money probably would go to other clubs that are closer

Not all the juniors though live in the macarthur district.

yet you and some others expect juniors from macarthur to have absolute loyalty to wests tigers?

We expect this because we expect our players to show loyalty to their team. We also expect this of Benji and he grew up in New Zealand and the Gold Coast.

why the hell should they when wests tigers abuse the south west area and the magpies side of the joint venture?

No they don't. This statement is a complete load of crap.

why am i deluded saying the club should be based at campbelltown instead of concord?

Simply because the Wests Tigers prefer the training facilities at Concord. It suits them. Fans shouldn't be making that decision.

why does it have to be based in the balmain district who have less juniors?

It isn't based in the Balmain district.

you say you would be happy with the wests tigers nsw cup team playing all games at campbelltown, well that isnt going to happen is it.

I think you are missing the point. Most of the supporters are more reasonable that the supporters who believe that the Wests side of the JV are. I personally don't care if the NSW cup team plays out of Campbelltown stadium. It wouldn't be a big issue to me however we should recognise that this is a JV and personally I don't want to get into the Balmain vs Wests arguments any more. Most supporters don't want this either.

i bet if the club was based in campbelltown we would keep alot more of wests' good juniors

Maybe. Maybe not. Personally I doubt it. I think the club has the ability to keep the top juniors from the Marcarthur district and I think that getting the chance to train with the first grade squad at Concord will probably make the club more appealing than having the NSW state cup team being based at Campbelltown.

Balmain Bug

Juniors

Brilliantly written and 100% correct.