What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Joint Venture Is Broken

hybrid_tiger

Coach
we should sell all of our wests tigers orange shit and give the money to wests magpies football club. anything that isnt sold should be put in a pile infront of camp concord, poured over with petrol and set on fire! invite channel 9 etc

Hopefully you get burnt in that fire.

gronkathon

First Grade
The Joint Venture will never disband. Of that I am confident. Both the Wests Group Leagues clubs are well and truly aware that by hitching their wagon to Wests Tigers they are onto a winner.

I do believe that the western suburbs deserve a few more games when that becomes financially viable. But I also firmly believe that Wests Tigers are in an excellent position by spreading games from the CBD to the Macarthur as it is more inclusive of more people.

The days of supporting your local team being a sure thing are gone. Kids support success, the club their parents follor or players that excite them. That is the reality of the modern game.

The sad thing about the rally was that it was a failure. I do not mean a failure in terms of attendance or passion but a failure bought about by lack of focus.

When it first started their was a ground swell of interest and there was a real chance to take the issues of the junior league to a much wider audience. They could have gained support from prominent league identities passionate about junior football and the "threat of AFL". Instead they chose to focus on a narrow issue that all bar a few people don't care about. The rally was all about State Cup in its motivation with the rest tacked on for more appealing packaging.

No better is this demonstrated than by the rally organisers supporting Paul Dillon possibly the single most inept football administrator in the last decade. They did this because he agreed with their ideas on State Cup and anti Wests Tigers leanings.

This discussion needs to be had but it needs to be had by serious people. Wests Tigers are willing to work with serious people willing to find compromise, they have before and continue to do so.

What we do now shapes our clubs direction for the next decade. Posturing and foot stomping will do nothing but see us bogged down in this mess going into the future

meltiger

First Grade
lol. Can't believe this thread is still going

400 posts and Alien finally owns up to the true agenda that has been there since day 1 of the JV from a small minority of idiots on the Wests side.

Why people take any notice of the morons is anyone's guess. Tiger05 troll or not is right to treat them disrespect. This is a Wests Tigers forum, and he is addressing those who don't want the JV to succeed

alien

Referee
You hear balmain now are undecided about the sole nsw cup team being called "wests tigers". They are now saying they just assumed it would be called "balmain" when they knew damn well it would be called "wests tigers". They just wanted to get all of the excess nrl players all those years. Balmain= nothing but a bunch of smooth talking con-artists. So damn right i want the joint venture finished now. That wasnt always the case when i thought things would be 50:50 but it isnt.

unforgiven

Bench
alien, you really need to find a way to move on. You complaned about the colours we are playing in, you do realise that our last jersey was almost completely black. We will end up playing in the Macarthur district eventually, it has to happen one day.

The problem i have with post of your posts is that there is no hint of compromise in what you are saying. Even Tiger05 has spoken of compromise, but there is absolutly nothing coming from you. You are so wound up of these issues that it has me concern for your health, having this much anger and stress in you over this issue can not be healthy.

I honestly hope you can get over this all and find a way to support the Wests Tigers, it's not as bad as you are making it out to be.

alien

Referee
If you got your way and knifed the Balmain side of the JV to bring the Magpies back, the Magpie would become a mockery of everything it was in the eyes of any football fan with a memory - a Sea Eagles v Bears version 2.0

Have a think about that.

Sea Eagles 2.0

You want that?
yes i would love the magpies to come back in the nrl "macarthur magpies" based fulltime at campbelltown.

if you are all happy with the way the joint venture is then good for you. if you want to agree with everything camp concord does then thats your choice but if we arent happy then we should do something and say something about it

alien

Referee
what happens if wests tigers lose the liverpool-macarthur-southern highlands juniors completely. what would you brainwashed fools think about that. bunch of backstabbing dogs

gronkathon

First Grade
Considering that the Wests Tigers has today announced a sponsorship which incorporates both junior leagues I think they are moving in the right direction.

Has taken them less than a few months to do what the junior leagues failed to do for countless seasons.

Putting money into the areas juniors and slowly bringing them under one banner (not having to change the names) is exactly the kind of action that is required to solidify its junior league bases

meltiger

First Grade
For crying out loud!

As on old Balmain fan, I have embraced the joint venture.
?

To the point where you get around in Magpie jerseys. Gimp :)

he he

Seriously, agree on your post mate apart from the sleeve Magpie but not going there. We've had far to many drunken arguments about that over the last couple of years.

unforgiven

Bench
yes i would love the magpies to come back in the nrl "macarthur magpies" based fulltime at campbelltown.

if you are all happy with the way the joint venture is then good for you. if you want to agree with everything camp concord does then thats your choice but if we arent happy then we should do something and say something about it

So your quite happy for other to lose there team, so you and a couple of other dinosaurs can have yours. To me there is something wrong with that attitude.

alien

Referee
So your quite happy for other to lose there team, so you and a couple of other dinosaurs can have yours. To me there is something wrong with that attitude.
i supported the merger when i thought it was going to be 50:50. these last few years i have only gone to the wt games because of the players (I DONT BLAME ANY OF THEM FOR WHAT IT HAPPENING). i have been very patient and forgiving towards wests tigers but they just keep pissing on us so they can go to hell

Tiger05

First Grade
You and alien aren't that different.

I don't get this. I want the JV to be successful. I want the Magpies / Wests side of the venture to feel they are getting a good deal.

You can keep talking crap if you want to but all you are doing is talking crap.

alien

Referee
wests tigers kept telling us from 2006/2007, that balmain nsw cup team got all the nrl players and fringe players not required for firstgrade because they agreed to the combined "wests tigers" nsw cup team and wests didnt. balmain just pretended to agree because they knew wests wouldnt (AS WE SHOULDNT) so they could get all the nrl players. now that wests ashfield looks like bowing down under pressure (TRAITORS) balmain are saying "oh what do you mean the combined nsw cup team will be called wests tigers???" "surely the wests tigers sole nsw cup team will be called "balmain tigers". smooth talking back stabbing CON-ARTISTS. and this year balmain is once again getting all the nrl players, will be fully funded by wests tigers (which means they are indirectly getting money from wests campebelltown-who are giving wests magpies nsw cup team nothing) and wests magpies are getting nothing from wests tigers, again. wests campbelltown have been voting with balmain for years so we already knew they were traitors

and as a wests supporter im about to say something shocking, but here it is: I HATE BALMAIN MORE THAN I HATE MANLY.

in my eyes what they have done is criminal

meltiger

First Grade
This toys out of the cot stuff because the takeover plan isn't going as intended really is amusing Alien.

If they killed Wests and called the reserve grade side Balmain for a season, would that mean people like you would finally piss off and let the JV move forward?

If so, let's do it. Then re-badge them as Wests Tigers once the Magpie takeover lot depart. The sooner the club is rid of you lot the better. Your beloved Ashfield have seen it, hence why they have stacked the Magpie board with their own people, not those who share your stupid views.

The sad thing is, the majority of Wests people you talk to are reasonable people. The small minority of f**k tards such as yourself though ... *sigh*

Thought it was all about football in the Sth Western region? Why are you continually harping on about a (twice) failed, incompetent relic of RL's past in the Magpies?

Last edited:

alien

Referee
This toys out of the cot stuff because the takeover plan isn't going as intended really is amusing Alien.

If they killed Wests and called the reserve grade side Balmain for a season, would that mean people like you would finally piss off and let the JV move forward?

If so, let's do it. Then re-badge them as Wests Tigers once the Magpie takeover lot depart. The sooner the club is rid of you lot the better. Your beloved Ashfield have seen it, hence why they have stacked the Magpie board with their own people, not those who share your stupid views.

The sad thing is, the majority of Wests people you talk to are reasonable people. The small minority of f**k tards such as yourself though ... *sigh*

Thought it was all about football in the Sth Western region? Why are you continually harping on about a (twice) failed, incompetent relic of RL's past in the Magpies?
you stupid f**kwit. i am reasonable. i travelled all over this country to watch them play. i just wanted a 50:50 joint venture and that hasnt happened. I SHOULD BE PISSED OFF. MAYBE YOU SHOULD BLAME THE CRIMINALS AT CAMP CONCORD YOU f**kEN ARSEHOLE

gronkathon

First Grade
The Western Suburbs supporters can thank the heavens that they have a fellow like Daniel Watson Hayes elected to the board as he is someone who is rational and can see the benefit of a compromise deal and not the irrational rantings of some. People like him are the way forward.

Also Alien. it may be worth noting that refferencing yourself as reasonable the stanza before going on a poorly spelled, over capitalised rant of hate really is a shining contradiction.

Passion is a good thing but past the line of passion is hard work, rationality and compromise and that is the area where real change gets made and real work occurs

age.s

First Grade
5046091402_029de93f24.jpg

meltiger

First Grade
The Western Suburbs supporters can thank the heavens that they have a fellow like Daniel Watson Hayes elected to the board as he is someone who is rational and can see the benefit of a compromise deal and not the irrational rantings of some. People like him are the way forward.

Also Alien. it may be worth noting that refferencing yourself as reasonable the stanza before going on a poorly spelled, over capitalised rant of hate really is a shining contradiction.

Passion is a good thing but past the line of passion is hard work, rationality and compromise and that is the area where real change gets made and real work occurs

In fairness, I wasn't exactly very nice to him. Not that I feel he deserves to be treated with any respect, but he has every right to lay into me.

The more people involved from the Wests side like mentioned in your first paragraph the better.

It's a JV, compromise.

Latest posts