What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Knights...

Misanthrope

Staff member
Losing by 50 in round 5 is embarrassing. Losing by that much in the second week of the finals is rather more embarrassing.

At least we managed to post points, sweetheart ;-)

Willow

Assistant Moderator
CWBush said:
At least we managed to post points, sweetheart ;-)
So did Saints.

Are you sure you were even at the match?

Or did you pass out around the time the blokes started looking like shielas?

Frederick

Staff member
gregstar said:
i think up until the 20 minute mark it was 1 try verses a penalty goal or something similar.
Close. There was no score until the 20th minute, when we nudged in front with a penalty goal. Then we scored 52 more points. Then your mob scored a converted try in the final minutes of the game :)

Misanthrope

Staff member
So did Saints.

Are you sure you were even at the match?

I know you're getting on in years, but can you try to keep up? Godz Illa pointed out that Brisbane thrashed us 50-6 in the finals. As far as I'm aware, we stopped talking about that 54-6 game somewhere last page.

EDIT: Removing incorrect scoreline from Manly/Saints

Dragon_psa

First Grade
CWBush said:
I know you're getting on in years, but can you try to keep up? Godz Illa pointed out that Brisbane thrashed us 50-6 in the finals. In the corresponding game, your mob went down 30-0 to Manly.

LOL! The same weekend we beat (Wo)Manly 28-0. Can I have some of that stuff you've been smoking?

Misanthrope

Staff member
Ah, my bad. I knew I ripped into someone about being held scoreless, 'twas obviously my Manly supporting friend. I can't be expected to keep up with the scores of every team playing in a given year :p. My other point still stands - Willow wasn't even discussing the same round as me. :p

Southernsaint

Staff member
CWBush said:
Ah, my bad. I knew I ripped into someone about being held scoreless, 'twas obviously my Manly supporting friend. I can't be expected to keep up with the scores of every team playing in a given year :p. My other point still stands - Willow wasn't even discussing the same round as me. :p

BEEP, BEEP, BEEP...

That's the sound of CWBush reversing...

Misanthrope

Staff member
That's the sound of CWBush reversing...

I wasn't aware that admitting I had the wrong scoreline was a negative thing. I made an error and I admitted as much. Doesn't change the fact that Willow was on an entirely different page to the argument Illa and I were having.

Misanthrope

Staff member
I am looking forward to a ground shaking encounter tomorrow night...

Me too. Irregardless of the outcome, it'll at least be an improvement on an utterly sh*te week at work. :p

Looking forward to seeing two of the best young teams going around turn it on. Should at least be better than the other bemusing choice for Friday Night Football. Hell, with Gasnier not in the team, the Dragons are infinitely easier to tolerate. :lol:

Dragon_psa

First Grade
Aaaaaw come on CW. How could you not like Mr Incredible???

You are right about the fact that it will be a great game. Bloody hard to pick, but I am looking forward to seeing how our young rookies back up last weeks performance and also how young Seuseu goes as well. Do you know if he's related to Jerry?

Misanthrope

Staff member
Aaaaaw come on CW. How could you not like Mr Incredible???

:lol: Just some of the wraps he gets even when he's not doing anything particularly amazing. It's the same with Gus/SBW and Gus/Inglis. We get it - they're good players. Some commentators just seem to think every missed tackle they make is a cunning ploy.

also how young Seuseu goes as well. Do you know if he's related to Jerry?

They share a great grandmother or something. Not a close relation.

Keep an eye on young Cory Patterson as well. Big, big wraps on him and he could have a real future. Hopefully he gets a decent hit out.

Misanthrope

Staff member
More if Benny Creah can shut down the forwards again.

I think he'll have a harder time doing it against the likes of Simpson and Woolnough than he did against the Laffranchis and Minichiello's of GC. He's definitely the player I'm most worried about, though.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Ah.... CW and the days of our lives. You're all over the shop on this one. lol

I'm following the thread kid... are you? Read back:

Godz Illa said:
Losing by 50 in round 5 is embarrassing. Losing by that much in the second week of the finals is rather more embarrassing.
Round 5 was the Knights v Dragons match (54-6). Was there another round 5 in 2006?
To which you replied:
CWBush said:
At least we managed to post points, sweetheart
Bzzzz! Wrong... try again! :lol:
CWBush said:
Godz Illa pointed out that Brisbane thrashed us 50-6 in the finals. As far as I'm aware, we stopped talking about that 54-6 game somewhere last page.
Bzzzzz! Wrong again. :lol:
Godz was referring to both matches.... to which you replied. Are you keeping up?
CWBush said:
EDIT: Removing incorrect scoreline from Manly/Saints
Oooops. Bzzzzz! Oh dear... wrong again. :lol:

You actually said: "In the corresponding game, your mob went down 30-0 to Manly."
Dragon_psa was on the ball. We actually won that game 28-0.

In trying to save face, you said:
CWBush said:
My other point still stands - Willow wasn't even discussing the same round as me.
Bzzzzz! Wrong again! :lol:
As proven above.

CWBush said:
Doesn't change the fact that Willow was on an entirely different page to the argument Illa and I were having.
Bzzzzz! Wrong again! :lol:

Classic crash and burn CW... you confirmed your misread how many times? Count them up.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
CWBwwwwwaaaush said:
Bored, Willow?
Is that it? :lol:
Perhaps you were hoping I didn't notice your posts having digs while you were apparently 'not bored'? lol
CWBush said:
Doesn't change the fact that Willow was on an entirely different page to the argument Illa and I were having.
CWBush said:
Tell me, does your ego preclude you from admitting that you got it wrong?

Misanthrope

Staff member
Tell me, does your ego preclude you from admitting that you got it wrong?

I already admitted I was wrong on the scoreline. As for admitting I was wrong with reference to you. I was referencing your comment 'Were you even at the game?" when I was referring to the Manly/Dragons game. I might have had the score completely wrong, which I've admitted, but I was responding to your questioning whether I was at the game.

And I apologise for not directly quoting you. I don't have time to dig back and find your post.

Latest posts