What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Latest in Coaching Musical Chairs - NRL Style...

Front-Rower

First Grade
Some believe he is such a good white ant that they probably believe he convinced Gus to try and poach Cleary just to get rid of him.

Omg

Centre of most drama at the club over the last few years he was there

Sub-standard results - which other club would accept the mediocrity?

Sooked about being dropped to ISP (at two clubs)

Will be 35 years old when the 2019 season starts

Should I go on?

TheFrog

Coach
If you are a player agent, would you now be forewarning players? Im assuming in most of these cases Penrith are paying good chunks of the salary cap of players on other clubs books.
If there's a single one its news to me.

Fangs

Coach
Penrith are paying large chunks for being shithouse but not because we are paying off other players. Thats fake news.

AJB1102

First Grade
If you are a player agent, would you now be forewarning players? Im assuming in most of these cases Penrith are paying good chunks of the salary cap of players on other clubs books.

Each time player signs a deal their agent gets a percentage. Its in the agent's best interests to keep their players on the market.

Fire

First Grade
Ivan, Nathan, and the whole Penrith Panthers organisation are an absolute over-rated mess.

Change my mind.

gallagher

Juniors
Resigning Benji at the start of last year was probably ok, for one year only and considering he would have been behind Reynolds and Brooks, it was hardly worth worrying about. Fast forward to when he admits he was the one who rang Farah showed that old habits die hard (reckon he would have rung him if he was still at Brisbane?).

IMO Cleary was told by management that Farah was to come back and he was signed purely for marketing purposes. I doubt very much Cleary would want to sign an aging, slow hooker who has spent majority of the last 3 years playing ISP. Cleary probably saw the writing on the wall and started to look at his options. Do I blame him, no, do I think it is unethical, yes.

In regard to your second point, the only time we have had success is when we have had a decent number 7. Lui is/was no world beater but he he filled the role better than anyone has or had since Prince departed.
TBH, i hadn't thought of the possibility that Cleary was told to sign Farah. If he being dictated to who to sign then I can see why he wants out. Apart from thr other obvious reasons.

unforgiven

Bench
TBH, i hadn't thought of the possibility that Cleary was told to sign Farah. If he being dictated to who to sign then I can see why he wants out. Apart from thr other obvious reasons.
Cleary went to the board to ask for permission to sign Farah, he wasn't told to sign him.

Front-Rower

First Grade

Yes, it’s a little to coincidental that Marshall pushed Farah’s case in the first place. Like I said, old habits die hard.

Then the response from the board was “we back the coach”. A few weeks later he is talking to Gould and co. and Farah is signed for 2019...

Join the dots..

EDIT - don’t forget Cleary benches Farah as well during games at the very backend of the season to bring Liddle on.

Last edited:
Reading this thread I can't get these song lyrics out of my head

You just slip out the back, Jack
Make a new plan, Stan
You don't need to be coy, Roy
Just get yourself free
Hop on the bus, Gus
You don't need to discuss much
Just drop off the key, Lee
And get yourself free

Latest posts