What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Matty Johns Show: Thursdays @ 7.30pm on 7

El Diablo

Post Whore
Cos you're a nice person

dance Poffo dance

beta231.gif

Schiltzenberger

Juniors
Well we don't get it here until midnight, which is 3am your time. It's on at the same time as TFS, so I'll probably record it on IQ while watching TFS.

I wasn't expecting much but it sounds like it'll be worth checking out, I will have to fast forward all parts with Jason Stevens though, I hate that idiot.:x Seriously, the world would be a better place if his smug face didn't get on tv again.

Gregbyday

Juniors
Good on Matty, good first up effort.

After all he has been through, with his personal life being dragged through this nations disgraceful journalism industry. It must of been hard.

No one here could come close to know what he went through. I will watch and support him just for the way he and his family were treated.

I wish him well.

Charlie124

First Grade
You could tell Matty was extremely nervous and i can understand why, its his name on the show after all. I read something the other day about how he was very anxious/worried about how the show would be recieved by its audience, that showed.

I knew when the show opened with an Ahn Do skit that it was going to be painfull to watch. Deadset that guy is just plain horrible, i dont think ive ever seen anything even remotely funny involving that clown. The Don Kirk thing was almost as bad, as were pretty much all of the other skits.

But its not all doom and gloom, there are plenty of areas this show can/will improve over the coming weeks and some parts that are good as they are. CC was great, hope to see plenty more of it. The banter between MJ and Webby was a little scripted but will improve as they become more comfortable in their roles.

All in all, ill give it a few more weeks before making up my mind about it.

I'm guessing this show is for NSW/QLD and the Peter Helliar show 'The bounce' is the same for the AFL states.

Did the NRL show have a Punk'd style skit like the AFL show last night? That was about the only funny bit.

lifesgood

Juniors
The Matty Johns show showed glimpses of it being successfull.

But in my eyes, they tried way to hard. Way to many skits and segments, their was hardly 2 mins straight where they would just stay and talk or make anything of the show unless going to a segment, i think more footy and less acts like the guy that went through penrith and the don kirk sought of stuff, thats sh*t.

The footy show is still better, but even they are gettin into all these sh*t segments, but at least they dont base the whole show on it.

But I love matty johns, and wish he was still on the footy show on 9. good luck to him

The Tank

Bench
Needs a third host aswell IMO. Maybe cut the "characters" to one or two a week instead of all in the one show. I liked the couch setup, different from "panel" type shows.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I think a format like the Top Gear UK show would work well. Loads of fans stood around and players, hosts etc in various parts of teh studio sitting and chatting on a couch, at a bar etc,

Brutus

Referee
Some people on here need to realise that they are catering for more then just die hard fans not everyone wants to see rows of stats ect ect ect as the show goes on they will find a happy balance no doubt.

Doesn't have to be a row of stats in order to talk footy issues.

More controversy corner type stuff ect..

Brutus

Referee
I'm guessing this show is for NSW/QLD and the Peter Helliar show 'The bounce' is the same for the AFL states.

Did the NRL show have a Punk'd style skit like the AFL show last night? That was about the only funny bit.

What in the world are you talking about?

Latest posts