What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Matty Johns Show: Thursdays @ 7.30pm on 7

El Diablo

Post Whore
I didn't get it. I didn't understand what it was trying to be, it all felt a little too thrown together and confused. Not enough footy content for sure, but hopefully it'll get better.

he said in his blog they probably got a bit excited and put too much in. hopefully next time it won't be as rushed if there's less bits

also wants to make the CC go for longer and that seems to be a lot of peoples favourite part of the show

caspersparks

Juniors
Did anyone catch my interview with Jason last night...

Im seriously considering him for that duet'
:blahb:

if there was a god, kesha would not have a record deal..
the most untalented, attention seeking whore i have ever laid eyes on..

she is the reason i illegally download music, if i play a part in ruining the music industry and putting people like this out of work, im happy

user_nat

Coach
Since not everybody ventures into the ratings thread:

(Syd, Mel, Bris, Ade, Per)
Seven’s Footy Show Seven 647,000 396,000 42,000 199,000 2,000 8,000
The Footy Show Nine 267,000 167,000 *** 99,000 *** ***

Highest rated show in NSW for the night and top 5 for QLD (15th overall). Anyone know what time it was aired in Vic/WA/SA?

Last edited:

Ke$ha

Juniors
if there was a god, kesha would not have a record deal..
the most untalented, attention seeking whore i have ever laid eyes on..

she is the reason i illegally download music, if i play a part in ruining the music industry and putting people like this out of work, im happy

I know you have been secretly dancing to my album when your all alone.

Wake up in the morning feeling like P Diddy
oh you know the rest...

Chook Norris

First Grade

Highest rated show in NSW for the night and top 5 for QLD (15th overall). Anyone know what time it was aired in Vic/WA/SA?

midnight~

nqcowboy87

Bench
I know you have been secretly dancing to my album when your all alone.

Wake up in the morning feeling like P Diddy
oh you know the rest...

wow, whoever this is masqerauding as an american pop star i feel sorry for you

Green Machine

First Grade
I thought the skits were pretty average. The show seemed to stop for a lot of commercial breaks. The Jason Stevens interview was about as interesting as Rugby Union.
I thought the promotion of the NRL player’s home town was good.
The best part of the night was the controversy corner segment. I can’t believe a bloke like Willie Mason, who doesn’t care what happened at the Dogs and the Chooks would allow himself to be grilled like that. As it was warming up, it finished with another commercial break. I was left with knowing any more about the allegations that came out of the Roosters final match of 2009.
I stopped watching The Back Page when Paul Kent went overseas. He is very good on TV sports panels. I think they need to make it push the controversy corner segment out to at least 20 minutes. I would love them to tackle the big issues in the game that the Footy Show and NRL and Fox won’t touch. Things like expansion, how to increase the salary cap, the next TV deal etc,
But, I thought the funniest thing I saw last night was Beau Ryan taking the piss out of Benji Marshall on the Footy Show,

Kilkenny

Coach
Awful, nothing more nothing less. Not the least bit funny.

Shane Webke and Jason Stevens has some ability but poor old Matty Johns did his best work off the field I'm afraid. He's got nothing.

If Channel Seven are serious about making a play for rights to broadcast NRL games then surely this is not the forum on which to base there bid.

Matthew Johns does not have the presence nor the comedic ability to carry such a show on his shoulders as the front man. He also seriously needs comedic writers who are actually capable of writing scripts which are funny.

The Channel Nine Footy Show is not great and I seldom watch it, but based on what I saw last night, I would watch the Channel Nine version anytime in front of the crap that was dished up last night.

nqcowboy87

Bench
i didnt catch the show, except for the clips on the channel 7 site, so i cant really comment, i think kents an excellent additon he was the best part of the sunday roast in its first year, i cant stand terry kennedy or danny weidler. also stevo seems to have just been handed the role as entertainment reporter because he wears hair gel and knows guy sebastian:lol:

Fibroman

First Grade
Matty Johns makes a good side kick, but I'm afraid he's not a host.

There seemed to be too much stop/start in the show. The skits were mildly amusing at best.

If the show is to be any success, they need to get a good straight man to host the show (not Webke) and use Matty to bounce ideas off and let him throw in a funny one liner here and there.

They need to get some decent comedy writers on board and fair dinkum comedians like ahn do to participate in the skits. Lets face it, would Seinfeld be as funny as it is without characters like Kramer, Newman, George etc etc

The show needs radical change if it is to see the season out.

adamkungl

Immortal

42,000 isn't terrible at midnight, esp compared to Perth and Adelaide. Imagine if it was shown at a decent hour...clearly the Storm are making some inroads.

griff

Bench

So looks like Matty crushed the AFL's season opener, 647 to 515 in the 5 mainland state capitals. Would have torn them a new one in the regionals.

This is an embarrassment to Rex Mossop's old show.10 minutes if that it lasted for tonite,and covered how many issues.............

Raider_69

Post Whore
I cant believe people are still tuning
although i guess the footy show still gets viewers, so i guess RL fans are desperate to cling onto any show that might remotely centre around RL isssues, regardless of how garbage they are

i havent properly watched the footy show in about 2 years (switched on to catch some raiders stuff on the rare time they have it), and id suggest after last week, it will be the same deal for the Matty Johns Show

Eels Dude

Coach
Sad thing is it's the only decent part of the show worth turning into. We should cut them some slack given it's an hour long programme and in just the second week. They're obviously going to have tething problems and struggle to find the right mix betwen football discussion and light entertainment. Controversy Corner neds to be extended at the expense of some of those ridicilously unfunny sketches though.

Latest posts