What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Matty Johns Show: Thursdays @ 7.30pm on 7

Timbo

Staff member
When will these idiots realise that we don't want men in drag or fake gardening sketches?

Put a show on, that is just one solid hour of sport, and watch how fast the ratings shooot through the roof.

Imagine if the Thursday night show was a copy of the Sunday Footy Show. Would rate way, way, waaaaay higher.

When will these idiots realise that we don't want men in drag or fake gardening sketches?

Put a show on, that is just one solid hour of sport, and watch how fast the ratings shooot through the roof.

Imagine if the Thursday night show was a copy of the Sunday Footy Show. Would rate way, way, waaaaay higher.

Johns is struggling bigtime.He has Rex as a intro,but thats where the similarity ends.I bet I can guess Mossop thoughts!

innsaneink

Referee
Did the steven the manchild bit go to air tonite or did I blink and miss it....

Gee Colleen the panfas fan was a sharp one huh

benoir91

Juniors
If they can do about 15 minutes of comedy and 45 minutes of footy talk which includes about 25 mins of controversy corner it would destroy the footy show.

benoir91

Juniors
Did the steven the manchild bit go to air tonite or did I blink and miss it....

Gee Colleen the panfas fan was a sharp one huh

Yeah for some reason it didn't go to air, steven the manchild is by far the funniest skit and the idiots left it out :crazy:

Mark Rudd

Juniors
Make Hadley and Paul Kent fulltime on the panel with Johns and Webke. Talk issues, game results, weekend games, a few interviews and you'll have more then a winner.

Leave the Skits Matty. You're a funny guy anyway. Don't need 'footy show' humour to be funny.

fourplay

Juniors
They must have decided to pull the Steve the Man child skit before it aired. The show isn't live and it must not have gone over with the audience well. I noticed an odd increase in advert breaks in the second half of the show.

Here is my review of the show:

Controversy corner is the only good part of the show... and that is basically a poor man's Sunday Roast which only goes for 10 minutes.

There is no real substance to the show. Just giving your tips and a couple stats about the upcoming games is not "talking footy." The Sunday Roast/Controversy corner is talking footy. The rest of the show is skits that arn't funny, and Johns looks extremely uncomfortable after each one finishes when the camera goes back to him.

Home When You're Away is boring and it's just product advertising and Are You Smarter Than a Footballer is not interesting.

And it's hardly worth getting players on (Lewis and Waterhouse) when all you do is ask them two questions about the game on the weekend and get a cliche answer back.

I'm a big fan of The Footy Show too and even I can't see myself tuning in to Johns show anymore.

Last edited:

Avenger

Immortal
This show will not last. What he should do is do a complete Rugby League show with Rugby League content.

The Don Kirk sh*t is already boring and that other stuff with the fan's house is so lame. When are these meatheads going to realise that they are not funny ?

Do an hour of controversy corner and they would be on a winner.

:lol: such a joke of a show haha.

Farah looked like he really couldn't be arsed. Show will be lucky to make it till the end of the season I reckon.

Spot On

Coach

Totally agree. Love the Sunday Footy Show because of the "RUGBY LEAGUE "content. I suppose they can't have two shows using exactly the same format twice a week??? There would be a thousand things they could do to alter the Thurday show to make it different from Sundays and still have it Sport based for the entire duration. I don't mind Beau Ryan's segment though. A couple of these types of segments would be fine. No more though.

Latest posts