What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Matty Johns Show: Thursdays @ 7.30pm on 7

Rockin Ronny

Juniors
Show is improving.

Harry Hardman has potential.

Don Kirk is still rubbish with the exception of his opening line...."Hi, I'm Don Kirk" great delivery.

Hopefully the man child is gone.

Albi Sandals is ok, i like the bits where he fights off the mascot using their weakness.. tigers show-ponies, sharks and trophies etc.

Loved, loved, loved the manly skit... hilarious.
Whos gonna win?? MANLY! WARRINGAH! MANLY! WARRINGAH! MANLY! WARRINGAH! MANLY! WARRINGAH! Hit the nail on the head there.

Controversy Corner needs another 10 mins.

2 subjects that need genuine addressing - then I'll watch it again:
1. How does rugby league get rid of Gallop and News Limited and SRL dinosaurs?
2. Discuss group sex amongst footballers and why they do it.

BLKOUT!

Juniors
I recorded it on IQ and fast forwarded through most of the skits. The parts where they were actually talking about football were good, but I don't want to see Johns dressing up as random characters trying to be funny. Even if he makes a few decent jokes here and there it's not worth having to sit through 4 or 5 characters.

If it was an hour and a half of controversy corner with rotating guests that would be ok with me.

Godz Illa

Coach
The skit with the two Manly fans was hilarious. The show is definitely on the up and up, easily better than The Footy Show. It's quite remarkable how much IQ fast-forwarding I do of the Footy Show

broncos2011

Have to admit it is getting better. I use IQ for thursday night live, matty johns, nrl tactics, nrl on fox, and the footy show. Amazing how much more enjoyable it is when I can condense it into one sitting

nqcowboy87

Bench
that tim and tom wasnt that great, although nable was alright in it

and can somebody tell ahn doa hes not really that funny, his bad asian sterotype makes mickey rooneys mr yunioshi, look credible, and deadset, i saw an old clip of him doing stand up back in the day, last year when he was on the footy show in brisbane he was doing the exact same material, an almost identical set:crazy::crazy:

Last edited:

stormbati

Bench
that tim and tom wasnt that great

and can somebody tell ahn doa hes not really that funny, his bad asian sterotype makes mickey rooneys mr yunioshi, look credible, and deadset, i saw an old clip of him doing stand up back in the day, last year when he was on the footy show in brisbane he was doing the exact same material, an almost identical set:crazy::crazy:
I actually think he's quite funny. I havent seen too many earlier vids of him though so wouldnt know about the redone material.

yawn

Juniors
that tim and tom wasnt that great, although nable was alright in it

Virtually all comedians are crap. Matthew Johns and Comedy Inc are the only decent Australian entertainers. Also Jason Akermanis and Sam Newman.

MSIH

Bench
You missed out on an in depth discussion of how MG was raised to shake the hand of anyone who offers, while Jason Taylor wasn't. Quality viewing.

timka4

Bench
yeh CC was very sh*t tonight, the whole hand shaking thing?? who gives a stuff if he shook he hand or not

user_nat

Coach
Personally, not a fan of hand shakes.

Hey, I should get my own TV show where we can discuss handshaking opinions and strategies. When not discussing that I could dress up as all sorts of annoying characters and act like an idiot.
Pure ratings gold.

Spot On

Coach
Did I miss anything interesting?

If you are referring to the show from start to finish - you missed about five minutes of footy related talk on the segment known as Controversy Corner. This segment I have interest in and look forward to switching over to watch, but Johns seems more intent on ending it quickly rather than let it play out in full. It is hardly worth while having guests waste their time to appear on it. A bit of a rant and then back to Johns to hand over a f**ken fruit platter! The rest of the show is fairly average viewing (that's putting nicely) with the odd amusing line from one of the many characters the 7 Network seem very happy to be the backbone of the show. Webke has signed on to throw to all Johns' skits and that's about it! Good money I'm assuming because he strikes me as a bloke that wouldn't stick around to be used for that sort of sh*t.

Cletus

First Grade
Did Johns say "good luck on saturday" to the Wolfman? Could have sworn that's what he said.

MSIH

Bench
He definitely did. I took no notice at the time though. I thought it was a typical error, like when we were due to play the Knights at Bluetongue and Johns and Webcke kept going on about Manly being a different side at Brookie etc.

Maybs Wolf could be back. Just in time for Origin.

Latest posts