What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The most disgraceful refereeing I've ever seen

juanfarkall

Coach
Balmain_Boy said:
His name is Shaun.

Did anyone else feel the penalty for Hodges' high tackle on Slater was harsh? I thought it was an ordinary decision and it lead directly to a Storm try.

I would agree....

plenty of worse ones have been let go throughout the year.

I would also like to think that if there was such a thing as a yellow card or penalty for "attempting to milk a penalty", Slater would have been pinged for laying back on Civonicieva mid to late in the second half.

Can't imagine why I would ever have sympathy for a Victorian or anyone low enough to pretend to be one.

Karma is real.

Gymea Growler

Juniors
Immortal said:
I'll ask again...

If the referee decided the game then how did Bronocs score a try from a kick-off using 1 set ?

wtf are you on about? But even if you are right, thats 1 try. The rest was a joke!

MC DUI

Juniors
gregstar said:
if anything i would have every right to whinge about poor refereeing costing us grand finals. but it doesn't add up.

i support neither side - in fact i've every reason to hate both of them, but i passed up on that crap years ago.

ask craig bellamy if he feels his side deserved to win. ask him if he feels his side played the gameplan he prepared for them.

then ask wayne bennett if he felt his side played his gameplan.

the better side won.

You have nothing man.

ball boy

Bench
About time the storm got back some of their own dirty tactics the better team won on the day good work Broncos.

God-King Dean

Immortal
Gymea Growler said:
wtf are you on about? But even if you are right, thats 1 try. The rest was a joke!

Just one try ? LOL

The point is if Melbourne were the better team, they wouldn't have let them go length of the field. I didn't see Broncos concede any tries like that.

girvie

Staff member
I think if the correct decisions had been made then the Storm would have won.

It is not just the points the Storm missed out on from the Knig no try decision and the 2 Brisbane penalties.

The Storm also missed 3 chances to attack where the possibly could have added to their total:
1) from the first penalty - Billy Slater was counter attacking and could have possibly got the Storm into good field position, or at least the Storm would have had possession.
2) from the second penalty - the Storm should have got a penalty for obstruction and would have been in a decent field position to attack.
3) when Hodges touched the ball the Storm would have had a scrum in decent field position to attack.

gregstar

Referee
girvie said:

It is not just the points the Storm missed out on from the Knig no try decision and the 2 Brisbane penalties.

The Storm also missed 3 chances to attack where the possibly could have added to their total:
1) from the first penalty - Billy Slater was counter attacking and could have possibly got the Storm into good field position, or at least the Storm would have had possession.
2) from the second penalty - the Storm should have got a penalty for obstruction and would have been in a decent field position to attack.
3) when Hodges touched the ball the Storm would have had a scrum in decent field position to attack.
notice how many times you said could have? i could have been rich - had i won the lotto.

Gymea Growler

Juniors
Immortal said:
Just one try ? LOL

The point is if Melbourne were the better team, they wouldn't have let them go length of the field. I didn't see Broncos concede any tries like that.

I still have no idea about what try you are talking about. What minute of the game?

I'll go back to the begining of the game. The first penalty! That was an 8 point turn around. They (Donkies) get the penalty, but if they didn't the Storm go length of the field and under the posts!

Ghoulies

Bench
girvie said:

Would have won? Ha. They couldn't crack us more than once with the lions share of territory in the 1st half, so there was certainly no guarentee that it would be different if those decisions had gone their way.

MC DUI

Juniors
gregstar said:
it's all on my side pal.

from now on, what will be in the record books?

who are the premiers for 2006?

Once again you have not posted anything to refute anybody's posts, why bother man we all know where you come from.

Macsta

Juniors
gregstar said:
it's all on my side pal.

from now on, what will be in the record books?

who are the premiers for 2006?

NOT the Dragons , hahaha burnnnnnnnnnnnn

God-King Dean

Immortal
Gymea Growler said:
I still have no idea about what try you are talking about. What minute of the game?

I'll go back to the begining of the game. The first penalty! That was an 8 point turn around. They (Donkies) get the penalty, but if they didn't the Storm go length of the field and under the posts!

Straight after Broncos goal to put em 2 in front, 2nd half.

& that ruling was correct too, no one can say he lost control, but it was a loose carry. The rule states you can't take the ball of a player with more than 1 in the tackle. Correct ruling (dispite it going against Goulds' moral values... )

Gymea Growler

Juniors
Ghoulies said:
Would have won? Ha. They couldn't crack us more than once with the lions share of territory in the 1st half, so there was certainly no guarentee that it would be different if those decisions had gone their way.

Spoken like a true "One Eye" now stick it back in your pants :crazy:

nqboy

First Grade
Razor said:
Disgusting refereeing.

Neither of those 2 penalty goals were penalties. Both times also stopped Melbourne being on the attack in a good position.

Melbourne also scored that try that was disallowed by the video referee.
I'm pretty sure Gould and his Nein idiot mates got that wrong. I was watching for the ref's signal but couldn't see it on the replays. Cameron Smith was never straight at marker and it was a dead set penalty for offside. Not that I'd expect the Nein-wise-men-and-true to pick up on that. Too busy relying on the video replays that the ref doesn't get to see before he has to make his call.

Latest posts