What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The most disgraceful refereeing I've ever seen

meltiger

First Grade
greeneyed said:
The refereeing in the 2006 Grand Final cost the Melbourne Storm a victory. It was disgraceful. It is time to demand that the NRL does something about it.

Demand an inquiry!

Send them an email and demand something better!

Can we demand the same thing happen with the 1989 decider and retospectively award Balmain their trophy?

gregstar

Referee
MC DUI said:
Once again you have not posted anything to refute anybody's posts, why bother man we all know where you come from.

dope - i was barracking for melbourne.

i wanted them to win as reward for being the minor premiers.

now crawl out the cat flap - some credibilty might be out there.

Ghoulies

Bench
Gymea Growler said:
Spoken like a true "One Eye" now stick it back in your pants :crazy:
A one eye? :lol: Another intellectual comes out of the woodwork to have a whinge.

Gee it's to great to be premiers.

gregstar

Referee
Macsta said:
NOT the Dragons , hahaha burnnnnnnnnnnnn
hey stupid - i'm supporting the fact that your team is the champion.

2 posts to reveal yourself as a cretin - a record.

Gymea Growler

Juniors
Immortal said:
Straight after Broncos goal to put em 2 in front, 2nd half.

& that ruling was correct too, no one can say he lost control, but it was a loose carry. The rule states you can't take the ball of a player with more than 1 in the tackle. Correct ruling (dispite it going against Goulds' moral values... )

Thats the one I was talking about, where he lost control of it and handed it to Slater and he was goooone and with support. it was infact the first penalty of the second half...the first penalty of the game was also dubious....... They got diddled mate! You must of had your money on the donkies... ;-)

sharkadelic

Juniors
Pathetic. King Scored, should have been a tied game at least coming into the last 15 where Melbourne couldnt have bought a call. It almost seemed like the NRL wanted a winner from the heartland rather than the new frontier.

Macsta

Juniors
gregstar said:
hey stupid - i'm supporting the fact that your team is the champion.

2 posts to reveal yourself as a cretin - a record.

I know you were, and i answerd your question! BAHAHAH DRAGONS BURNNNNNNNNNNNNN, BRONCOS PREMIERS 2006

super_coach

First Grade
I think in the big game,the fifty fifty calls have to go both ways,Bronks got all of them.
Maybe the Bronks still would have won who knows,but a level playing field would have been great

aaaahh. I said on this forum over a year ago, that whilst Robert Finch is in charge of the refs, eventually there is going to be a GF decided by Poor officiating.

The bloke is incompetant beyond all belief. Defending his refs throughout the season when serious blunders were made, not introducing younger refs into the NRL when clearly the current group weren't performing, changing interperations and inventing new ones mid season.

Enabling video refs to intervene in genral play mid season, then changing his mind and not allowing them to intervene towards the end of the season, and then allowoing them to again in the finals.

Something like this was bound to happen. The bloke is an incompetant fool of the highest order, and the NRL admin is a disgrace for keeping him on the job this year.

Bazal

Post Whore
Not having read this thread all the way through, this may have been said....but...I thought Simpkins was ok. His touchies were horrible though...Slater was ruled out in that Stagg tackle after about three hours on the deck, and Hodges touched the Slater pass. The Slater strip was correct under the rules, Berrigan regained control (albeit against his shoulder) and he took it. Not the ref's fault the rule is ridiculous. And the No Try against King was 100% correct, Hoffman knocked the ball into Hodges, since when is that not a knock on?

Gymea Growler

Juniors
Ghoulies said:
You got me mate. I'm just so bitter and twisted that I can't appreciate your unique take on humour. ;-)

Lighten up mate.........you won!

I believe that the papers will spew foul in Melbourne, and Talk back radio will be jammed with the refereeing...it was bad, very bad!

Anyway, good luck to Webce..he gets to go out as very few get to. A GF winner, and deservedly so!

juanfarkall

Coach
taxidriver said:
back to the subject of the thread.

wasn't it great:lol: :lol:

Fantastic....

Nice to see that the originators of the grapple recieved from some recognition in the form of a healthy serve of karma.

nqboy

First Grade
jimmythehand said:
I thought it did too, but I could not believe that the video ref only had one look at it. There's no way he should have made up his mind on one look.
Unless you're Hollywood Harrigan of course.

SMOKEY

Juniors
pepe said:
we were crucified by the referee particuarly the blatant shepherd,i can't understand why the touchies never see anything,they are as useless today as they were 35 years ago.
congratulations to the broncos as they were desperate in defence and scrambled well.
pepe
BAD Referee calls!!!:crazy: Storm were ROBBED!!:?

Latest posts