What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The name keeps getting louder SHAUN JOHNSON

Father Ted

First Grade
cheers Ted.
Gute Nacht

Keep some sentries out cobber !! Germans have been sighted near you're position...

No, from the inner-sanctum !!
Sorry all, blame DLS Kingsgrove.

I get the Inner Sanctum part all good there but , "DLS Kingrove means" ?????

Johnson is still under contract at the Warriors. If we are going to get a gun half make it now. Who knows what will be happening here in a couple of years.

Everytime I read about this guy they say Penrith?? As one of my daughters would say "Confused much"?

TheRev

First Grade
hes a freaking genius haha, really doesnt make sense though after just purchasing Widdop+Williams+Harry, hes the sort of bloke you want as ur first choice #7, but tbh he probably wont even be available to other clubs, esp if hes in form.

grouch

First Grade
This rumour was never going to eventuate, and it was buried for good the moment Como Connection weighed in. Rumour killer.

possm

Coach
Simple
Williams / Widdop for 2014
Johnson / Widdop for 2015 - 2017
Hastings / Widdop for 2018 -

TheRev

First Grade
Simple
Williams / Widdop for 2014
Johnson / Widdop for 2015 - 2017
Hastings / Widdop for 2018 -
Surely Hastings isnt going to be kept out of 1st grade till 2018? If hes even half the talent he could be, he could start much earlier.

mickeylane

Bench
If I was Dragons CEO I wouldn't hesitate throwing a $4m over 5 years to Shaun Johnson! Actually i would definitely do it.. He's exactly what we need... Great foil for Widdup.

Please sign him if he's available... Kitchen sink and all!!

Blue Dragon

Juniors
If I was Dragons CEO I wouldn't hesitate throwing a $4m over 5 years to Shaun Johnson! Actually i would definitely do it.. He's exactly what we need... Great foil for Widdup.

Please sign him if he's available... Kitchen sink and all!!

I would sign him for that as well, with no hesitation. 2013 was meant to be a "re-building" year for us, but I don't think we done much re-building at all. It's not like we've tried new playes and new combinations to help us with a solid team for next year (unless you want to count the Chase experiment). No other than Widdop, I think we will re-building again next year. Johnson would change all that. We would have a real chance at the title with him on board. All we would need then is one half decent prop and we would be very competitive. All the team would have to do is ignore everything Price tells them to do, or better do the exact opposite.

rainman44

Bench
I would sign him for that as well, with no hesitation. 2013 was meant to be a "re-building" year for us, but I don't think we done much re-building at all. It's not like we've tried new playes and new combinations to help us with a solid team for next year (unless you want to count the Chase experiment). No other than Widdop, I think we will re-building again next year. Johnson would change all that. We would have a real chance at the title with him on board. All we would need then is one half decent prop and we would be very competitive. All the team would have to do is ignore everything Price tells them to do, or better do the exact opposite.
If it means we lose prior then NO WAY :crazy:

TheRev

First Grade
One of the fastest blokes going around too (much faster than Jennings apparently), 800k seems high but perfectly reasonable if hes expected to leave his club... sometimes its hard to process the numbers because the cap is higher now too..

But im not even allowing myself to think about a purchase like this since all of our other signings point us in a different direction.

Blue Dragon

Juniors
If it means we lose prior then NO WAY :crazy:

Mate, I completely agree. I would not get Johnson at the expense of Prior. But we have plenty of other areas we could cut. For one thing, lets stop buying players for depth, if they are never going to get a run. Then we have players like Fien, Horse and Coops leaving. That should create room for Johnson and others...jMoz.