What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Novocastrian FOOTY SHOW RORT

Sportsjock

Juniors
No Chook, you would be suprised at how many sponsors did the show for FREE.

The sound was a Newcastle based company.

It would cost no more bringing up a crew of camera people to film a Knights football game.

It was a rort, plain and simple. Apparently the official number was 5,500 x $43.

Novocastrians were jipped big time, and I know we're mates and all Chook, but there is no way in the entire whole world that the minimalistic Footy Show would cost $300,000 to do in Newcastle.

A Robbie Williams concert at the SFS wouldn't cost $300,000 to put on mate!

~bedsy~

First Grade
thuganomics said:
I noticed Chief got some boos when he got introduced.
I was there and I didn't hear any boos.... we were all yelling Cheif!, Cheif!, Cheif!.
I had a great night. yes I thought the price was a bit steep, but I thought worth it as I love the Footy Show, unlike many of you :lol:
My bro and I had a fun time and I would love to go again, but to Sydney for free maybe. The guy that warms up the crowd is pretty bloody funny. They didn't stay after the show for photo's and autographs this time that was dissapointing as they do that for the Sydney audience.

princess plj

Juniors
i enjoyed watching the show from the comfort of my own home....one thing i am more happier about is having joey on the show without reg coming on to stir....its funny the 1st few times but it gets a bit much. IMO

Doctor

Bench
Sportsjock said:
It would cost no more bringing up a crew of camera people to film a Knights football game........
Novocastrians were jipped big time, and I know we're mates and all Chook, but there is no way in the entire whole world that the minimalistic Footy Show would cost $300,000 to do in Newcastle.

A Robbie Williams concert at the SFS wouldn't cost $300,000 to put on mate!

No more than sending cameras to a Knights game? Come on Sportsjock, get serious! :lol: :lol:

In any case you won't budge me on the figure SJ - let's just say a leading Knights employee told me the figure. All I will say is that this is the figure Ch 9 has clearly told the Knights - that is the costing for most television shows to move to a new location.

You can discredit my opinions whenever you want SJ, but all I'm doing is quoting a very reliable source who in turn would be repeating the figures given to him by the people that are in the know.

I don't use the "reliable source" line very often, because it is the stuff of tabloid journalists. But clearly the Knights have been told one thing, and Ch 9's past reluctance to move to show to Newcastle would signify their concern about the costs.

The ticket prices wouldn't have covered the actual costs to move the whole shebang up the freeway and then back down again next week.

raider_at_heart

Juniors
I was gonna go to the Central coast leagues club show they are doing in a few weeks and like someone said before its $40 as well. But it got sold out very quickly as one guy bought 50 tickets!

Sportsjock

Juniors
Look Chook, you can justify the expense all you want, but we are talking using a CHANNEL 9 truck ( which they already own ) to carry up CHANNEL 9 cameras which they also already own, and you are trying to suggest taking cameras up and equipment up in a truck is expensive as $300,000?

The fact is the " concert " put on by the Footy Show used local PA Sound System for the live sound performance, which is simply wired through to the TV in real time ( as in any live concert ), which would have cost no more than $20,000.

I can assure you that a Robbie Williams concert at the SFS would cost $150,000 MAXIMUM for all sound, lighting, staging and crew and another chunk for hire, security and the rest of the crap - and I am not sure if you are familiar with the performance and stage sound/lighting and that of him to know what type of amazing stuff that set up involves, yet you are trying to tell me , and everyone here that Channel 9 to drive 2 hours up the F3, with equipment they already own, in trucks they already drive up to Newcastle in for football games anyway, is somehow going to cost $300,000.

Sorry Chook , but I appreciate the fact you know some dude, but you aren't going to convince me that is the case with the knowledge I have listed above being fact?

How many cameras were there after all? Maybe 8 or 10 maximum?
And a few broadcast trucks - trucks they take to EVERY game, or promotion.

Do you also realise that much of the equipment was sourced from NBN TV Studios, 5 minutes down the road?!?!?!??!?!?!?!? :roll: :roll: :roll: - A Channel 9 AFFILIATE STATION.

None of it is additional expense if they already own the gear and transportation used for any live events! Surely?

If they paid anything in the vincinity you suggest to put on that show, then someone is getting severely RIPPED OFF big time :lol: - more than the fans.

:roll:

I haven't read this thread entirely, but I just want to add that Mario went to the Gidley's house in the lead up to last week's show but it appears to have been held off until a later date.

Judging by the hilarious prank the Gidley's, Knights and channel 9 crew pulled on poor Muzz while doing the Newton-like interview, it'll have to be shown sometime.

:lol:

WooKiie

Juniors
did you see when Matty intro'd joey to anastacia and called him 'barge ass' and he was like blushing.... HAHAHAH that was so funny...!!! :lol:

the_knights_rule

First Grade
did you see when Matty intro'd joey to anastacia and called him 'barge ass' and he was like blushing.... HAHAHAH that was so funny...!!! :lol:

yeah that was funny and joey smoothed his hair back when anastacia said she wasnt married :lol:

~knights~

Juniors
the_knights_rule said:

yeah that was funny and joey smoothed his hair back when anastacia said she wasnt married :lol:

:lol: :lol:
He sure has charisma,something that the aussie captain hasn't got.

Lockyer looked nervous and unsure what to say sometimes.

Just as long as he doesn't tell any more jokes ;-)

BTW....not that any of that has anything to do with footy anway ,LOL!!!

Kaz

junior
~knights~ said:
Lockyer looked nervous and unsure what to say sometimes.

He had to make sure, he didn't upset the 2 headed Newcastle crowd. ;-)

They would have skinned him alive.

Kaz

junior
Danish Moo Cow said:
Maybe he should've joked about people getting raped? He seems at home when making a dope of himself on a stage.

The main thing is, he isn't on dope. :lol:

woodgers

Bench
I can't believe the complaint. Yeah the price is steep but at least you got a show in your town. How many times have they done it there and how many times in the A.C.T?

Add to that 2 panel members are ex Knights and usually they get Joey on as a guest and the Knights barrow gets pushed all the time. Can't hurt when it's time for rep sides to be selected and on the highest rating rugby league show your guys names are being thrown around.

The show is rubbish anyway. I love league and only like AFL but their footy show is 1,000,000 times the show the Rugby league produce!

Latest posts