What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The NRL radio rights thread

El Diablo

Post Whore
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...rgies-philosophy/story-e6frexnr-1226483727341

MORE CHANNEL HOPPING

OUR item last week about Channel 9 stars Paul Vautin and Peter Sterling being used on Fox Sports stirred plenty of talk.

We've heard since then that it wouldn't surprise if almost all of Nine's rugby league talent was shared around. One person who won't be seen on Nine or Fox Sports is Andrew Voss, whose contract expires later this year.

Nine staffers say Voss is no chance of being renewed after his legal team threatened to subpoena the private emails of boss David Gyngell in his defamation action against 2GB broadcaster Ray Hadley.

We're told that Voss will be the voice of 2UE and its bid for radio broadcast rights - and Graeme Hughes could also make a comeback

This backlash against 2GB couldn't have been better timing for the other potential radio bidders.

Giving 2GB the exclusive rights in the current climate would be a really bad look for the NRL.

Brutus

Referee
6 Sydney stations broadcast the AFL GF into Sydney.

That's double the amount that covered the NRL GF into Sydney.

Let's hope the NRL doesn't give Redneck Radio exclusivity again.

Parra

Referee
6 Sydney stations broadcast the AFL GF into Sydney.

That's double the amount that covered the NRL GF into Sydney.

Let's hope the NRL doesn't give Redneck Radio exclusivity again.

6 is impressive.

What 3 did the NRL - ABC, 2GB, ??

Brutus

Referee
6 is impressive.

What 3 did the NRL - ABC, 2GB, ??

I'm pretty sure there was a Roy and HG call on another station.

2UE also called the Swans' semi finals when they otherwise would have been calling the NRL had Gallop and his cronies decided to open the rights to all.

Mr Saab

Referee
I am sure i heard last week that this week they will have an annoucement on radio rights.
Hoping everyone is allowed to call the game