What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The NZ Wazza VS Ozbash Super Best Centre Challenge!!!

NZ Warrior

First Grade
Oh yea , Bro !

Bring it !!

ALRIGHT!!!

OK, because I hate JBro so much, I'll back NEARLY any other Warriors centre to beat him in a stat fight. But I just don't rate Ben Henry as a genuine centre yet. So any match where Henry is named in the centres, is not counted. Just like any match where JBro isn't named in the centres (or completely, because the useless f**k is always injured).

What are the stakes? NZ$100 at the end of the regular season to the winner?

NZ Warrior

First Grade
Dude, I just don't rate Henry as a centre, just like I don't rate JBro as a decent player.

Why the hell would I put money on that shit?

So, are we gonna do this? Or are you just gonna flap your wings and peck at the ground?

ozbash

Referee
Well, if Inu is told to sling his hook,you wont have any centres left. I dont mind removing a $100 from your bulging back pocket, but I do have a conscience you know..

Who will you be rating the Ro Bro against. Konrad ??

NZ Warrior

First Grade
Like I said, for each match, I'll back any of JBro's centre partners, as long as it's not Henry.

And I'd totally back Konrad to kick JBro's arse. So if you want to swing that way, let's do that.

ozbash

Referee
Like I said, for each match, I'll back any of JBro's centre partners, as long as it's not Henry.

And I'd totally back Konrad to kick JBro's arse. So if you want to swing that way, let's do that.
Ok ok ok

lets get it on!

Easy money....

hitman82

Bench
I can't be bothered reading back through the thread.

So how does the stats system work?

Carries
Metres Gained
Tackle Breaks
Line Breaks
Offloads
Try Assists
Tries

Tackles
Missed Tackles
Ineffective Tackles

Errors
Penalties

Minutes Played

...do you break them into a points system?
...or do you simply compare every stat between the two players and whoever gets the most overall wins the round?

hitman82

Bench
personally , I think a points system would be best.

And perhaps Minutes Played should have a percentage effect to even it between the two players? IE Ropati plays 80 minutes, Hurrell plays 60: you do the points then deduct 25% from all of Ropati's to even it up.

----> if you want me to devise a scoring system and work out the numbers as a somewhat impartial observer (I'm backing Ropati) let me know!

Last edited:

hitman82

Bench
In all reality, I am at work today so I suggest this...

At the end of each round, (NRLSTATS.com) stats are used to populate a spreadsheet which compares the two players.

Each statistical category is allocated a points value.

This points value may be positive or negative.

Player with greatest total wins the round.

Here's my points system, based on whoever gets the most for each category:

Minutes
Because of injury, sin bins, strange bench use - it is hard to reward or punish a player due to minutes played. So I'll simply do the rest of the points then average them to minutes played, making it a non-factor.

Metres per run: 10 points
Similarly, if Jbro gets the ball 5 times and Hurrell gets the ball 10 times, you can't punish or reward for total runs or total metres. So I'll base this on Metres per run.

Tries: 20 points

Try assists: 20 points
I've rated these as the same value as actually scoring tries - seems fair to me.

Line breaks: 15 points

Offloads: 10 points

Tackle breaks: 5 points

Tackles: 10 points

One on One Tackles: 5 points

Missed tackles (least): 10 points

Ineffective tackles (least): 5 points

Errors (least): 10 points

Penalties conceded (least): 10 points

EDIT: have tweaked the points a bit, should be more fair to an error free player this way.

Last edited:

Rich102

Staff member
My problem would be the "missed tackle & inneffective tackle" stats. JSlo just doesn't appear in the stats because he just doesn't get near his opposite.

What about the Rugby League Week ratings?
They are independant and rate each player from 1 to 10 taking into account all the stats and the time played.
Whoever gets the highest rating wins that week. BloJo - 1 point to OB. Hurrell, Inu or Benry - 1 point to Wazza.

hitman82

Bench
My problem would be the "missed tackle & inneffective tackle" stats. JSlo just doesn't appear in the stats because he just doesn't get near his opposite.

What about the Rugby League Week ratings?
They are independant and rate each player from 1 to 10 taking into account all the stats and the time played.
Whoever gets the highest rating wins that week. BloJo - 1 point to OB. Hurrell, Inu or Benry - 1 point to Wazza.

Haha, you could balance this against the fact that Hurrell is genetically advantaged in line and tackle breaks due to his inhumanly large hamstrings.

RLW ratings could be good though, depending on how their system works exactly.

NZ Warrior

First Grade
In all reality, I am at work today so I suggest this...

At the end of each round, (NRLSTATS.com) stats are used to populate a spreadsheet which compares the two players.

Each statistical category is allocated a points value.

This points value may be positive or negative.

Player with greatest total wins the round.

Here's my points system, based on whoever gets the most for each category:

Minutes
Because of injury, sin bins, strange bench use - it is hard to reward or punish a player due to minutes played. So I'll simply do the rest of the points then average them to minutes played, making it a non-factor.

Metres per run: 10 points
Similarly, if Jbro gets the ball 5 times and Hurrell gets the ball 10 times, you can't punish or reward for total runs or total metres. So I'll base this on Metres per run.

Tries: 20 points

Try assists: 20 points
I've rated these as the same value as actually scoring tries - seems fair to me.

Line breaks: 15 points

Offloads: 10 points

Tackle breaks: 5 points

Tackles: 10 points

Missed tackles: Negative 15 points

Ineffective tackles: Negative 5 points

Errors: Negative 15 points

Penalties conceded: Negative 10 points

...any thoughts on the values? I've tried to balance them but I'm open to suggestions...

EDIT: or is there some NRL fantasy system which would be easier and better?

Yep, and take the stats from NRL Stats. Looks good, mate.

What do you reckon, OB? Shall we let the Hitman be in charge of scoring?

ozbash

Referee
If he shows unbiasednesses and no favouritism.

Which I know he would. :)

Whichever way its done, the mighty Ro Bro will clean up. He has God on his side.

I do feel there should be an independent arbitrator in case you get the browns at your impending flogging and public humiliation, Skinz would be a great choice...