What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Official Finals Crowd Thread

adamkungl

Immortal
on week 1 crowds, no one gives a f**k about week 1.

Parra v St george would have got 25k elsewhere imo (of course i'm just figure plucking as well).

Play the same game in week 3, then you'll see a sold out SFS

Willow

Assistant Moderator
:lol: fmd. One of the most enjoyable games I've seen all year and you think people will be tut-tutting at the sight of people standing.

People.like.the.hill.

get it through your skulls.

It was a brilliant sight. Taking the game to the people. Based on that image alone, can you imagine how many fans will be signing up for season tickets next year?

lockyrulz

Juniors
You seem unsettled.

You keep telling yourself that Willow if it helps you get through this stressful period.

Point is, do you know anything about Sydney venues?

I know ANZ holds more than Kogarah.

Don't get upset locky
LOL keep living the dream Willow :)

I'm only asking to make sure that really understand the local situation in Sydney.

Which is what, that your incapable of drawing more than 20k to a hyped up semi final between two Sydney teams when there is only two local matches on that weekend?

Good for you. Where are you sitting?

Why, keen to bore me in person are you? What else would you like, a signed photo, my bank details, a mobile and address? Even going by your recent poor form this is lame.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Why, keen to bore me in person are you? What else would you like, a signed photo, my bank details, a mobile and address? Even going by your recent poor form this is lame.
No, I just figured that you're more the 'watch it at home' type.

If you don't have tickets, let me know. I made sure we have a few extras - great seats too.

And I'd be more than happy to shout you a drink at the game locky.

lockyrulz

Juniors
No, I just figured that you're more the 'watch it at home' type.

If you don't have tickets, let me know. I made sure we have a few extras - great seats too.

And I'd be more than happy to shout you a drink at the game locky.

I'm taking my nephew like I always do.

We have our two seats, our flags, and are looking forward to a good one.

Hope you enjoy it.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Gosh Locky, you've finally opened up. It has indeed been a successful evening. :thumn

PM me if you want to exchange details.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
So having failed to establish your idiotic argument that the broncos agreeing to shift a finals game to townville is a lesser compromise than the dragons shifting one down the friggen road, you resort to this drivel.

The only thing that surprised me is you spelling surprise with a z. Didnt see that coming...

Hmmm, ironic considering how you spelt "rulz" in your username. Tool

You original argument is flawed, you say that the Broncos moved the game to Townsville (seeing as the Cowboys won in week 1, it was their home game anyway) for the betterment of the game and they had to contend with an opposition crowd, yet you think St George should have moved their game while they too would have had to deal with MORE OPPOSITION FANS!!. They earnt the right for a home final, just because they have a sh*t stadium is something the NRL should have thought of earlier.

bobmar28

Bench
It's obvious the chook raffle mentality still plagues our game. What is the lowest Dragons SFS semi crowd you can remember? I'll bet it's not lower than bloody 18k which is embarrassing for two "power" Sydney teams in a final.

How many games did you play at Kogarah this year before Sunday's final..4?

At the SFS.. 2?

It's not like Kogarah is this wonderful home ground advantage anyway. Adam MacDougall quite enjoyed playing there earlier in the year and so did the Bulldogs until Steve Clark decided to repay some old red and white debts.

On the Manly thing, would you say it's far easier for Dragons supporters to get to the SFS than Manly supporters to get to the same ground?

The NRL needs to take control and put matches in suitable stadiums for finals. Had Sunday been Dragons v Penrith then Kogarah would have been fine. But Dragons v resurgent Parra? Common sense is what's needed.

Nothing less than 25k all seater stadiums.

bobmar28

Bench
:lol: fmd. One of the most enjoyable games I've seen all year and you think people will be tut-tutting at the sight of people standing.

People.like.the.hill.

get it through your skulls.

If people standing on hills is where the game is at in 2009 then we should throw in the towel and say ok AFL take over.

As I watched a college game last week, a college game, not NFL (played in a massive stadium in front of a crowd of 90,000, I was dreading the thought of the Dragons game being beamed into the US on Spike TV. It would look like park footy.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Getting paranoid about what other people think is the icing on the cake.

bobmar, presumably you're only watching it on TV.

You like to be comfy and settled. I understand. You can do that at Kogarah too. You just have to go to the game to find out.

adamkungl

Immortal
If people standing on hills is where the game is at in 2009 then we should throw in the towel and say ok AFL take over.

As I watched a college game last week, a college game, not NFL (played in a massive stadium in front of a crowd of 90,000, I was dreading the thought of the Dragons game being beamed into the US on Spike TV. It would look like park footy.

cough up an extra $5 for a seat then ya whinger.

its about options. When a few thousand members of the Dragons Army are willing to pay every year week in week out to stand on a hill, why would you take this away from them?

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
There are a lot of reasons to take it away from them and next year i'm sure the NRL will ensure that they have final say over all finals matches. This year that wasn't the case and you can't begrudge the dragons for playing at Kogarah. I think thats a sub-standard NRL ground let alone for a finals fixture, but thats the NRL's fault for allowing it all year and then reacting to a situation. Until we have a proactive management these kind of things will keep happening. Its over now, it was a fantastic game, lets move on.

Pazza

First Grade
20k have already been sold to parra v titan, so considering the lack of eels fans at kograh, with these kind of sales you would have atleast a 30k minimum at SFS wk 1.

Pazza

First Grade
give it a couple more days sales and a few thousand walk ups! We should have something between 35 - 40k. That pretty damn good considering that Parramatta does not represent all of Sydney (even though some of our brisbane mates like to think so) and we are versing an interstate side!

brendothejet

First Grade
with the last 8-10 weeks of media love and the helping hand they copped in the first week of the semis (the refs playing the game on a 20m rule suited them perfectly) you'd expect the parra fans to be there.

The thing is next season when parra has lost 2 in a row and they are playing the sharks at home we all know the crowd will 8972.

They are a pathetic fan base who dont turn out all season and then parachute in at the end.

Didn't even sellout the match against penrith after winning 6 in a row to guarantee a semi final spot. And you cant blame the ground because Parra stadium is brilliant.

Teddyboy

First Grade

Yeah but College Football and NFL teams has a very large spread to get crowds like that it would be the same in Sydney if there was only 2 NRL teams.