What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Official Finals Crowd Thread

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
with the last 8-10 weeks of media love and the helping hand they copped in the first week of the semis (the refs playing the game on a 20m rule suited them perfectly) you'd expect the parra fans to be there.

The thing is next season when parra has lost 2 in a row and they are playing the sharks at home we all know the crowd will 8972.

They are a pathetic fan base who dont turn out all season and then parachute in at the end.

Didn't even sellout the match against penrith after winning 6 in a row to guarantee a semi final spot. And you cant blame the ground because Parra stadium is brilliant.

Not a Dragons fan by any chance are ya sunshine?

junior009

Juniors
He probably is. Sounds bitter enough!!!!

Does make one reasonable point though. Parra does have an extremely fickle fan base. It sux, but it's true.

bobmar28

Bench
cough up an extra $5 for a seat then ya whinger.

its about options. When a few thousand members of the Dragons Army are willing to pay every year week in week out to stand on a hill, why would you take this away from them?

Because it presents a negative image of our game. Make Kogarah a 25k all seater or play games in a proper stadium.

bobmar28

Bench
20k have already been sold to parra v titan, so considering the lack of eels fans at kograh, with these kind of sales you would have atleast a 30k minimum at SFS wk 1.

That's more like it. And it's the Spike TV game.

Billythekid

First Grade
If Australia had one code of Football like the U.S.A. then iam sure Australia would have the biggest crowds in the world judging from population size.

If you go by population i would say AFL does have the biggest crowds in the world and i would say the NRL's wouldn't look to bad either.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
If Australia had one code of Football like the U.S.A. then iam sure Australia would have the biggest crowds in the world judging from population size.

So Americans only play Gridiron? :lol:

I think you'll find the country has national soccer and Rugby League teams, even a Union team ;-)

Willow

Assistant Moderator
20k have already been sold to parra v titan, so considering the lack of eels fans at kograh, with these kind of sales you would have atleast a 30k minimum at SFS wk 1.
Not really relevant.

Week 1 is different to Week 2, and Parra are coming off a win.

I don't think anyone is suggesting that Week 2 be played at Kogarah, so why even try to make the comparison?

Opposition supporters don't like Kogarah. That's a good imo. But at least be fair dinkum about it.

Timmah said:
And it's the Spike TV game.

All this worry about what it look like in America shows that the cultural cringe is still alive and well.

And it's fun to read the various demands that Saints lose the right that every team has because Kogarah is too sucessful. Always amusing when supporters of other teams feel that they can make up the rules so as to take away a home ground advantage.

Imagine if the shoe was the other foot and Parramatta Stadium or Brookvale were being pressured to moved.

In 2010, if other top 4 clubs start to get close to the same high crowd average that Kogarah enjoyed in 2009, can Saints supporters then demand that a home finals game be moved to a neutral venue?

Last edited:

Willow

Assistant Moderator
So Americans only play Gridiron? :lol:

I think you'll find the country has national soccer and Rugby League teams, even a Union team ;-)

Tim, I think you'll find that it is American Football first, daylight to second. The crowd figures are really quite staggering when compared any other football code.

As much we wish the AMNRL the best of luck, it really is just a step up from park footy.

Pazza

First Grade
Not really relevant.

Week 1 is different to Week 2, and Parra are coming off a win.

I don't think anyone is suggesting that Week 2 be played at Kogarah, so why even try to make the comparison?

Opposition supporters don't like Kogarah. That's a good imo. But at least be fair dinkum about it.

there was already 18k at the game, i only said 30k. Im sure parra fans that didnt get the chance to see their team that would have liked to would have made up 12k!

but hey im just saying! hate seeing people on this forum talking about how sh*t sydney crowds are when good parra fans like me didnt even try and get a ticket cause a sell out was looming!

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Timmah said:
And it's the Spike TV game.
All this worry about what it look like in America shows that the cultural cringe is still alive and well.

And it's fun to read the various demands that Saints lose the right that every team has because Kogarah is too sucessful. Always amusing when supporters of other teams feel that they can make up the rules so as to take away a home ground advantage.

Imagine if the shoe was the other foot and Parramatta Stadium or Brookvale were being pressured to moved.

In 2010, if other top 4 clubs start to get close to the same high crowd average that Kogarah enjoyed in 2009, can Saints supporters then demand that a home finals game be moved to a neutral venue?
When you quote someone, make sure it's them that said it. ;-)

TheBourbonBeast

Juniors
with a population of 2 million and 1 league team you'd hope so!

Ahhh thats assuming all 2 million are Broncs fans. Which is far from the case. Look at how many posters on here living in Brisbane that arent Broncos fans.

Its about time Brisbane got more credit for being the true heartland of the game.

TheBourbonBeast

Juniors
After this weekend there'll be no Qld team in the Prelims ;-)

Slightly arrogant assumption there dont ya think? What with Brisbane getting whipped up into a near Origin intensity with its hatred of the dragons team that is going downhill...and the Eels being a team that traditionally plays very poorly at night time?

And with the Storm still going strong that means half of the teams left in the finals are from out of NSW. Which adds to the general consensus that NSW teams are on average crap.

Billythekid

First Grade
with a population of 2 million and 1 league team you'd hope so!

To me this is less of an excuse during finals time. It is very disappointing how few neutral fans turn out to games.

I am a storm fan and i can't get down to see the storm but i will still be attending a game this week. In the years we have been knocked out early i still get along to a finals game or 2.

It seems to me that once the first 8 teams are out most of those fans just forget about the season all together.

Even our tv ratings aren't as high as they should be because so many fans only care about their team and don't bother watching anyone else.

dragondad

First Grade
Slightly arrogant assumption there dont ya think? What with Brisbane getting whipped up into a near Origin intensity with its hatred of the dragons team that is going downhill...and the Eels being a team that traditionally plays very poorly at night time?

And with the Storm still going strong that means half of the teams left in the finals are from out of NSW. Which adds to the general consensus that NSW teams are on average crap.

Sir,I believe you took my bait.

Latest posts