What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Official Finals Crowd Thread

dragondad

First Grade
Ch 10 news said 30 buses,so should be more Newy fans than you expect.Add to that people who drive and catch trains.

dragondad

First Grade
I think cause its a day game there wont be police capacity restrictions.So therell be between 19-20k.Remember the Sharks game got 21,584 in Round 3.

parano1a

Juniors
There are LOTS of AFL fans & Melburnians who may take any interest in how Storm are going but don't go because their games clash with their AFL team's games.

Exactly! For starters, the NRL should use some common sense and NOT schedule any Storm home game at the same time there is a Collingwood home game across the road at the MCG. The Magpies draw anywhere between 60 - 80,000 at their home games, and this includes a sizeable chunk of footy fans who would otherwise be attending the Storm game.

Evenflow

Bench
Besides if anyone was interested in the game tonight, it was on FTA on only a 30 minute delay, why go out on a freezing cold night with a gale blowing when you can watch it on TV?

Storm dont have the same excuse seeing as the game is on at Midnight and the ground is indoors

You know what they say, never let the truth get in the way of a good story. A freezing cold night? For those that weren't in Melbourne last night it was far from freezing, it was a touch over 21 degrees when the game started and it actually increased to over 22 degrees by the time the game finished. It was very balmy and from what i saw there were many more people wearing short sleeves than long.

Yes, it was very windy but since when has wind ever stopped anyone going to a game especially when it's warm? Freezing cold my arse you f**king numpty :lol:

Loudstrat

Coach
lol, you fools. Eddiesmith is right...you girls will raise your hands at me....and no one will ever have a clue on here.

An impressive storm crowd would have been in the region of 25-30k+. It wasn't. Its a small consolation that it was 6k larger than olympic could have held. Thats a 50% increase on olympic park. Still disappointing, either way you look at it.

There's always next year. nuf said.

I thought stadiums with seast were all that is needed for a sellout in your world?

I'm an AFL diehard but since I have moved away from the ratrace that is life in Sydney I am well and truly behind the Storm.
WTF? Are you for real?

Its QLD - u dont even have to ask...

So will the dragons fill their ground? lol at them if they dont...

And LOL at the Telecrap and Gallop for demanding they play at SFS.

Chook Norris

First Grade
What a shame that not all members have turned out at Robina

Some empty rows of seats every now and then

but it should be around 96% full.. 27k~~

Brutus

Referee
you care, little man

suck a lemon

with all the talk of Victorians, and the dick comparison with afl crowds, and people sprouting off at crowds-should-be-this/crowds-should-be-that bullsh*t, here you are having a cry when someone comes along and sends sense to your house with a flaming fire-cracker!

grow a brain

The moth forum awaits your senile rants...moth.

Please leave like you said you would.

Ta ta mothboy.

user_nat

Coach
I wish they wouldn't play so many games at ANZ.. makes a decent crowd look woeful.

Looks like a lot of Knights fans there.

STG-MACCA

Bench
Yep, not a great crowd considering the one they pulled a few weeks back.
I thought I heard they were allowing the kids footy passes got free entry for tonights game?

I was sure they would take out 35K as a minimum

user_nat

Coach
It was hard to defend Melbourne getting 21k.

Should be good to see people (Timmah) defend this.

Evenflow

Bench
Roughly 21,300 at the Dogs game tonight.

Very poor.

There's no sugar coating that. That's a shocking finals crowd for 2 NSW teams no matter which way you look at it. It just goes to show how good the Melbourne crowd was last night and they had an AFL final to contend with.

Latest posts