What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Official Finals Crowd Thread

STG-MACCA

Bench
I missed the announcement - is that crowd correct?

I was thinking it was below 30K, but under 25K is horrible, could have played it at Belmore ;-)

Brutus

Referee
Heard the figure on the ABC.

Next week if the Dragons beat the Eels tomorrow we will have

Broncos v Manly (Suncorp)
Storm v Titans (Etihad)

If the Eels beat the Dragons

Eels v Titans (probably SFS)
Broncos v Dragons (Suncorp)

Brutus

Referee
Storm v Titans at Etihad next week (if the Dragons win tomorrow).

Will clash with one of the two all-Melbourne AFL prelim finals

Evenflow

Bench

Yeah it looks that way unfortunately. The St Kilda v Dogs is on Friday night and Collingwood v Geelong is on Saturday night.

user_nat

Coach

But with a Brisbane v Manly game at Suncorp, the average will probably be higher than this week.

LRC

Whats with the doggies crowd.Disgrace, if it was the roosters they'de be given heaps.
Where are all these supposed dogs supporter?

user_nat

Coach
21,155 at Melbourne. Has to compete with an AFL game, and an out of state team. Oh and it was Victoria.

27,227 at Skilled. Sell out.

21,369 at ANZ...? Interesting..

alexc

f**k yeah suncorp game next week. Always forget about that win rule. I'd love it to be Vs Manly so the Broncs can drill those f**kers into the ground. :)

You'd expect 52k to rock up.

flamin

Juniors
Thats about what the Dogs were averaging this season so you'd think they could have got near 30k.

Eelectrica

Referee
f**k yeah suncorp game next week. Always forget about that win rule. I'd love it to be Vs Manly so the Broncs can drill those f**kers into the ground. :)

You'd expect 52k to rock up.

The nrl should make a new rule for that game where if it ends in a draw both teams are eliminated :)
Teams in the other game regardless of score :lol:

eddiesmith

Juniors

Storm would have to play Friday night again, they would be crazy to play it head to head with Collingwood and Geelong

parano1a

Juniors
Storm would have to play Friday night again, they would be crazy to play it head to head with Collingwood and Geelong

I'd love more than anything else to be at the Storm's 2nd home final, but no way in hell I would choose it over a Geelong v Collingwood prelim, and 99% of Victorians would feel the same. NRL should do the right thing and switch the Storm game to Friday, or else play it at 4pm.

south dragons

Juniors
OK, WARNING!! I'm a Victorian! It is pretty stupid that you somehow brand us all, when you are trying to win us all over. I'm an AFL, NBL and NRL fan. Firstly, dont understand why this Rugby League forum, is stuffed with all these, AFL is trying to kill us threads, or posts in the threads. The AFL, never said it when the NRL came to Melbourne and you should not be threatened, the AFL, will never take over Western Sydney or any part of Sydney no matter how inept the NRL management is.

Secondly, as a storm supporter, I was very dissapointed with the crowd. They were expecting a huge turnout, and unlike what you guys are saying, Which most of you would have no idea, as you are not even in the state, the game got enormous press coverage. In fact the Melbourne Storm always gets a page and a half coverage in the paper, and on Friday made joint front page with the AFL. Not bad at all.

Anyway, both games are world class games, alot of you haters should grow up. Both sports can survive together, and Melbourne newspapers do give the Storm a GREAT run! Probably more than we desrerve, not that i will complain.:D

Latest posts