What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Origin Bolters Thread

^Vidot was better.

He made a couple of errors under the high ball (one looked like it was batted back out of his hands by Winterstein)...but made 162 metres (im not usually one for stats but he seemed to be making yards with ease). Kemp in comparison made 32 metres and missed 2 tackles while Danny missed 0.

Cheers.

Big Pete

Referee
Good finisher but yes I'll concede Vidot is before him.

Not that I mind, I do like Vidot, he just needs to mature on the field.

Big Pete

Referee
Good finisher, smart reader of the play and good defender and a versatile player.

Compliments Inglis quite well.

Talanexor

Juniors
luke patten would be a better fullback than gidley. gidley is a first grade standard half five eight who is at best form a good bench option for nsw. when he plays 1 they trie to play him like a matt bowen darren lockyer in his fullback days kind of player, a drifting playmaker, but it doesnt work because then on top of that you (would assume) nsw have picked two dominant playmakers as well so that can get in the way.

but other than that id say luke douglas deserves a run this year

qld side doesnt really need any bolters other than a replacement for hodges and johnson
which we have plenty of. one player who must get a run is cooper cronk, and im putting aside my cowboys bias, even though i think payney deserves a spot. cronk has the ability to play 1,6,7,9 and has even played lock in his early days at the storm and offers tremendous versatility off the bench and you got to think he has smith and inglis and former teammate folau there to gel with. if smith gets injured id start with aaron payne at hooker and cronk off the bench or the other way around

Agree 100% The .14 jersey is his this year. If I see us run with Stagg or Costigan as the 'utility' I'll punch something. Cronk absolutely deserves it.

Also agree with Payne as second choice hooker if Smith is injured. Last year it was a three horse race between Payne, Friend and Ballin. Friend lacks a kicking game and hasn't been able to get his forwards rolling, and Ballin hasn't been playing all so far this season - Payne would be the best option.

On a side note - how much do you want to be playing the Storm during the Origin period? No Inglis, Slater, Smith or Cronk.

Talanexor

Juniors
Chris Lawrence is a better player than Josh Morris imo.

I'd prefer either of them over Jennings. He got shown up completely by Tonga on the weekend, and his defence is still very suspect.

Lawrence is actually good defensively, and offers a lot in attack too.

watatank

Coach
The only benefit of having Cronk there is if he is going to succeed Lockyer the year after. Otherwise his utility value is as useless as Gidley.

Last edited:

Big Pete

Referee
:lol:

I suppose Trent Merrin and Kyle Stanley are pathetic useless nuff bags who shouldn't even bother lacing up their boots then.

petetheileet

First Grade
If someone were to talk about them in terms of origin i would call that person a nuffy

so i will rephrase and call you a nuffy..

Big Pete

Referee
:lol:

Must have missed my post where I said I'd have Tuqiri, Boyd and Tate over Vidot pete?

Next time, actually read the thread before you put your foot in your mouth.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Not sure if BobbyD knows there arn't enough Raiders players to fill up both Origin sides.

Unless you bring in some under 20s

Latest posts