What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Pearce Problem

The other thing that people forget, is that for all those years when NSW was making ridiculous selections, Daley was one of the ridiculous selectors. Bozo was the other ridiculous selector.

Bozo remains a selector and Daley as Coach automatically gets to have a voice at the selection table.

The 'Pearce Years' were Daley Years as a selector. If not for an off-field indiscretion last year, Pearce would have been wearing Blue in 2014. So what's the bet about 2015?

DiegoNT

First Grade
The Pearce problem isn't if he gets picked. Who knows he might finally perform. The problem comes if he gets picked and puts in his usual origin performance, the same kind of performance he put in against the broncos and sharks. Do the blues dump him for game 2 or do they persevere with him like we always have?

Noname36

First Grade
The Pearce problem isn't if he gets picked. Who knows he might finally perform. The problem comes if he gets picked and puts in his usual origin performance, the same kind of performance he put in against the broncos and sharks. Do the blues dump him for game 2 or do they persevere with him like we always have?

How many games has he had? 12 or something? I don't like the odds of him suddenly performing.

DiegoNT

First Grade
How many games has he had? 12 or something? I don't like the odds of him suddenly performing.

True it's a big IF. So if he does crash n burn after origin 1 (if he gets picked) what's the plans for the rest of the series

lockyno1

Post Whore
Just get the girl in the yellow dress onto him. She was NSW's Player of the Series last year.

Pearce is so ordinary...then again so is Josh Reynolds/Hodkinson.

If I were NSW I'd pick Luke Keary at 5/8, and then work out who is the most solid organiser at 7. That might be Hodkinson, Wallace, might even be Robson.

DiegoNT

First Grade
Where to from here?
When the game was on the line, he again showed his true colours, diabolical in the second half. Sure doesn't help that hodkinson was quite.

Do we drop him for the second game and try start fresh in a must win game?
Or do we hope it's a case of 14th time lucky?

mozza91

Coach
He played pretty well I thought. Hodkinson was atrocious, he won't be playing First Grade this time next year.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
The Wet Blanket wasn't his usual shitty self at Origin level.

But he still wasn't good enough.

His halves partner, (Where's) Wally typically vanished when the game was on the line.

Softcock halves cost NSW the game.

DiegoNT

First Grade
He was actually OK but only ok.

He was ok in the first half, when we had momentum he actually had a good run for a while.
In the second half it was the pearce of old, enthusiasm but wrong plays and little mistakes.
And in the last 10 minutes he fell to pieces, unfortunately he does this in all big games, he's had guys like maloney, friend and sbw amongst others to help him close out games for the roosters, but when it comes to origin it all falls to him and he has shown numerous times he can't handle it. Unfortunately the majority of origin games come down to those last 10 minutes

soc123_au

Staff member
Pearce was ok in the first half. 2nd half not so much. In saying that he was far from the worst player in blue. Swap Hodkinson for Soward & the result is different.

Sgt. Kabukiman

Juniors
Did Pearce go for a hotdog and a beer at halftime and forget to go back on the field? He was as visible as Kevin Rudd's penis.

boonboon

Juniors
Pearce was good for mine the issue was Hodgkinson and our wingers getting outplayed.

Forwards plus Dugan & Pearce were good.

Tupou, Hopoate, Jennings were poor Hodgkinson cost us the game multiple times.

farmeister

Juniors
Can someone explain why Boyd Cordner is in the team? Has anyone ever seen him do anything effective for NSW? If he didn't play for the Roosters, would he ever get selected?