What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The 'Premier' Premiers...

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
ok so atleast we agree that thru stats and actual footy parra of 01 was better than newcastle of 01, i think thats were all this started anyway

Mr Saab

Referee
if you look at stats for 2001 (points, points conceded etc) then yes the eels were better, thats undeniable, but i am sure Briam Smith would swap a few reg season losses for a GF win.
Although A Johns missed 6 games and they lost 4 of those. When Johns came back they were on fire and matched the eels.

Mr Saab

Referee
true. but just pointing out that minus that injury the knights were right up there in 2001

D

Deleted member 10972

Lol...as much as the 2001 Parra team was brilliant, along with other last-minute failures Manly 95, St George 99, Roosters 03/04...those teams previously mentioned (Raiders 94, Manly 96, Broncos 98) were all-round powerhouses. They were in a class of their own, even above the aforementioned Parra team. Hey can someone post up the squads for:

Raiders 94
Manly 95/96
Broncos 98
Roosters 03/04

perverse

Referee
Charlie Saab said:
dont get too stuck into perverse...he was just replying to someone that asked for the eels stats of 2001 to compare to the 1994/6/8 teams.
perverse was not implying that the eels were better than those 3 teams.
thanks
brokendigit said:
Cheers for the stats Perverse...
no problem
Kiwi said:
Bingo.

And if we look back to the top of the page perverse, what does it say?

A - Best team over the last decade

B - Best team to have not won a premiership

C - The "Premier" Premiers

D - I didn't look

Perverse, now remember you have 3 lifelines left. You still have

Lifeline 1 - I can't read too well whats the answer
Lifeline 2 - Ask the forum members
Lifeline 3 - Email a perfect stranger.
you're an idiot, i already posted my reply to the actual topic on the first page of this thread (did you even read it? Lifeline 1 must be looking pretty good for you right now).

Raider_69

Post Whore
LeagueFanNumeroUno said:
Hey can someone post up the squads for:

Raiders 94
Manly 95/96
Broncos 98
Roosters 03/04

Raiders 94 GF team:

1. Brett Mullins
2. Noa Nadruku
3. Mal Meninga (c)
4. Rubin Wiki
5. Ken Nagas
6. Laurie Daley
7. Ricky Stuart
8. Paul Osbourne - was John Lomax full strength but he was suspended
9. Steve Walters
10. Quentin Pongia
11. Jason Croker
12. David Furner
13. Bradley Clyde

14. David Westley
15. Luke Davico

(not 100% sure of the bench but im pretty sure thats how we lined up)

Phillips

Referee
Raider_69 said:
Raiders 94 GF team:

1. Brett Mullins
2. Noa Nadruku
3. Mal Meninga (c)
4. Rubin Wiki
5. Ken Nagas
6. Laurie Daley
7. Ricky Stuart
8. Paul Osbourne - was John Lomax full strength but he was suspended
9. Steve Walters
10. Quentin Pongia
11. Jason Croker
12. David Furner
13. Bradley Clyde

14. David Westley
15. Luke Davico

(not 100% sure of the bench but im pretty sure thats how we lined up)

best side i have ever seen

pantherz9103 said:
Most Panther fans would still consider finishing preliminary finalists in 2004 a strong season. It's 2005 that's been Sh!T!!

Yeah thats true...... They just never had the feeling of invincibility in 2004 I am sure you'll agree.

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
Knight82 said:
Yeah thats true...... They just never had the feeling of invincibility in 2004 I am sure you'll agree.

Yeah something else... Kangaroos should never play in the RWC...im sure u agree..

TheEelsFanatic said:
well atleast u agree they were behind the eels

Comparing the Minor premiership and Grandfinal winner is like comparing prawns and fish fingers, sure they are both in the same category but one is so much better then the other.

Chew stats all you want but at the end of the day 2001 was about the knights and the eels are a footnote.

10 years from now is anyone going to care? Hell its 4 years on and the only people that care is the Eels fans.

Dont blame me for loosing blame Brian Smith for keeping JT on for so long even though Peden was using him as a set of steps!

Though I can understand how you'd be filthy after a great season but your clutching at straws by bring up stats.....

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
People will care abt the Eels of 01 because they were such a dominant force, 01 will always be remember as the Prince V the Pauper, and the pauper actually winning

In the words of Han Solo "Your suffering from delusions of granduer"

Only eels fans care friend, people may note(foot) it but they couldnt care less.

I'm never going to live that down.

My point was that if the kangaroo's learned to play union for a month they'd flog the wallabies.....

I knew they had a world cup, albeit a sh*t one.

*shakes head* what on earth was I thinking.

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
haha thats true u are never going to live that down, but admit u didnt know abt the WC, i think it was Misty Bee who referred to the WC in 08 and u kept thinking it was the RWC

Latest posts