What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Pride thread 🌈

Gronk

Staff member
I heard two women at the pub the other day talking about how Dishwasher name is degrading to women and conservative men come up with the name thinking women should wash the dishes. Going on it's not been called dishwashim. And how it's a control factor or something.
They where saying it needs to be changed. I found it funny
1690757248357.png

We could have a gay club with the rainbow colours.

It could represent tolerance and diversity. Capture the wokey dollar.

Just like you guys represent bald folk.

Trans participation in gendered sporting arenas has been (and continues to be) logistically problematic. And it will be for some time, because it's a complex issue without an easy solution.

But that's only one (minutely small imo) aspect of Pride, the Rainbow flag, Pride Rounds, and Pride Jerseys.

The conflation of Ian Robert's comments about how NRL hasn't followed through to do anything but cowtow to religious types since last year's jersey flare-up, into an attempted rebuttal based on a single Canadian situation of trans participation in a different code just serves to illustrate his point.

Incorrect

Coach
Does anyone know why a person who doesn't identify as female is allowed to play in the Canadian Women's World cup squad??

Incorrect

Coach
Can you elaborate?
Someone named "Quinn" is non-binary and doesn't identify as male or female and is part of the Canadian Women's team. There's an article in today's SMH about said person.

If you don't identify as as either gender surely you aren't eligible to play in a tournament specific to one or the other.

Suitman

Post Whore
Someone named "Quinn" is non-binary and doesn't identify as make it female and is part of the Canadian Women's team. There's an article in today's SMH about said person.

If you don't identify as as either gender surely you aren't eligible to play in a tournament specific to one or the other.

Thank you.

Suitman

Post Whore
Someone named "Quinn" is non-binary and doesn't identify as male or female and is part of the Canadian Women's team. There's an article in today's SMH about said person.

I'd suppose that this person is still able to play under current FIFA rules. I'm just guessing that.

The world is truly going mad.
I understand that Quinn was born female, so it should be a non-issue for the pearl clutching brigade on here.

The fact that they identify as non-binary gender doesn't disqualify Quinn from playing in the world cup for their biological sex (noting that sex and gender are different things).

As for the transgender element I'm not aware of Quinn's specific status, but there are many "stages" involved in identifying as transgender - ranging upwards from simply just dressing and identifying as the opposite gender to your biological sex. I had read the article today, but in watching the game have honestly noticed nothing that would be of any concern.

I understand that Quinn was born female, so it should be a non-issue for the pearl clutching brigade on here.

The fact that they identify as non-binary gender doesn't disqualify Quinn from playing in the world cup for their biological sex (noting that sex and gender are different things).

As for the transgender element I'm not aware of Quinn's specific status, but there are many "stages" involved in identifying as transgender - ranging upwards from simply just dressing and identifying as the opposite gender to your biological sex. I had read the article today, but in watching the game have honestly noticed nothing that would be of any concern.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Trans participation in gendered sporting arenas has been (and continues to be) logistically problematic. And it will be for some time, because it's a complex issue without an easy solution.
The easy solution is to stop segregating sports into the men/women binary. If there's more than two genders why have only two gendered competitions? Why have gender at all? Scrap the NRLW and let them play with the men.
But that's only one (minutely small imo) aspect of Pride, the Rainbow flag, Pride Rounds, and Pride Jerseys.

The conflation of Ian Robert's comments about how NRL hasn't followed through to do anything but cowtow to religious types since last year's jersey flare-up, into an attempted rebuttal based on a single Canadian situation of trans participation in a different code just serves to illustrate his point.
The trans athlete thing has become an albatross around the neck of the LGBTQetc+ cause. It represents the moment the progressive movement decided they didn't give a shit about science. Separating biological sex from gender is a 100% faith based argument.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
So why should gender even be a factor in sporting eligibility? Surely sex is the only thing that matters, as it is with science.