What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Really Early NSW Team 2012 Thread That Will Be Hated By All!!!

Dragon2010

First Grade
I'm not a pessimistic guy (ask the Newcastle forum guys) but 6 series straight... We need class from somewhere... We need some Gus coaching and Joey to get a cyborg neck or something...

Yeah mate I know. Don't get me wrong here. But as stated above Gus won't return until there is some "pride" so to speak in the game again or so he doesn't join the "wrong" side. and Yes let's go give Joey a bionic neck and get him playing again.

Point is that is what we are stuck with unless Maloney absolutely blows Soward out of the water at the start of the year of 2012 up to Origin and the coach at the time (Assuming it's Sticky) decides he is the better option. (Which he is probably is. Maloney is a gun).

timka4

Bench
Maloney is a gun and plays good most the time, but he has some very shit games inbetween.
I'd prefer Soward I think

Yosh

Coach
I know it's very speculative but honestly it might look something like this:

1. Hayne
6. Mullen
7. Kidley
9. Farah

in 2012. I think WB will literally bring the superstar out of Mullen and Kidley will be there because he is always somewhere. Hayne is a superstar and Farah is as creative as they get.

OR

1. Dugan
6. Soward
7. Pearce
9. Ennis

Lacks creativity imo...

RHCP

Bench
9 will not be Farah, 1 will not be Hayne. The 'spine' will consist of:

1. Stewart/Dugan/Gordon
6. Soward/Hayne/Maloney/Mullen
7. Pearce/Gidley/Mullen
9. Ennis/Gidley/Young

Yosh

Coach
9 will not be Farah, 1 will not be Hayne. The 'spine' will consist of:

1. Stewart/Dugan/Gordon
6. Soward/Hayne/Maloney/Mullen
7. Pearce/Gidley/Mullen
9. Ennis/Gidley/Young

I smell a bet! What are the terms?

typicalfan

Coach
If Hayne plays six I abstain from caring. We will be flogged guaranteed. Until he can survive in the role without throwing no look passes, backs his running game, gives away his lazy and slow play the balls and not make brain explosions then he might have what it takes to be a club level 6. Until then he is a player imitating a 2nd receiver. That might be harsh but he will suit us better if he is in a position where passing is not essential but running is. So anywhere in the outside backs and perhaps a utility role on the bench.

Dragon2010

First Grade
If Hayne plays in the six jersey. As good of a player as he is. Might as well hand QLD the series and not bother playing. It's not his natural position yet he still needs a few more years under his belt. Hayne is an exceptional player on his own but can be a bit of a hog. Something really a halves player can't do.

typicalfan

Coach
Where is Barba from? Matty Bowen the 2nd?
QLD, he will probably make their 17 next year with Cronk moving off the bench.

The reason for putting Maloney in the ring is because he seems to like running the ball when in doubt. That and his goalkicking means he is a genuine contender for Sowards spot imo. Campese still has to be a shot as well. I am a proponent of keeping halves together but they still must show they deserve their spot and not be selected on reputation.

Joker's Wild

Coach
For what its worth, my backline would be:

1. Stewart - Most lethal fullback we have
2. Gordon - Strong, fast and safe under the high ball
3. Lawrence - Ticks all the boxes for a centre, great at setting up his outside man
4. Hayne - His best position imo. Was great there in Game 3 this year once NSW got some posession
5. Uate - No justification needed

6. Maloney - Has the goods and imo looks to offer more than Soward.
7. Pearce - Best of our available options really.

Dragon2010

First Grade
Barba is a QLD'er (Unfortunately) they also get DCE so damn they got some good talent waiting around the corner.

Joker' I agree 100% with youtr backline I quite like it. However depending on Lawrence form I think Jennings also deserves a look in for the position. He was great when he played in GameI this year.

RHCP

Bench
Like your backline JW, except Jennings over Lawrence. Jennings was nothing but lethal this season, he should not be dropped. Push Hayne onto the wing for Gordon if need be, he has to be there.

I still think we should stick with Soward but if Maloney keeps it up he might just shove him aside. Early days though, we were saying the same about Carney this time last year.

timka4

Bench
For what its worth, my backline would be:

1. Stewart - Most lethal fullback we have
2. Gordon - Strong, fast and safe under the high ball
3. Lawrence - Ticks all the boxes for a centre, great at setting up his outside man
4. Hayne - His best position imo. Was great there in Game 3 this year once NSW got some posession
5. Uate - No justification needed
I like this backline a lot, similar to mine but I had Hayne and Gordon swapped, but still great team.

These are probably the 5 best outsides backs in NSW, they are all strong, fast, good ball skills, solid defenders. Jennings, Dugan are close to that 5.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Jennings proved himself in game 1 he is a must if fit. Luckily he can play left or right so I'd play him at right which allows Lawrence to come in.

Pairings of: Lawrence/Hayne and Jennings/uate are pretty exciting if you ask me

Joker's Wild

Coach
It really is a toss up between Lawrence, Jennings and Gordon for the left edge wing and centre pairing.

I went with Lawrence at centre because I think he can set up his outside man better and Gordon on the wing due to his goal kicking and skill under the high ball.'

Jennings would be unlucky to miss out and I wouldnt be disappointed if they went for him over Lawrence.

Yosh

Coach
It's fortunate that our outside backs can play all positions across the paddock. If I had to rate the outside backs in order of greatness, I'd say it looks something like this:

Uate
Gordon
Hayne
Stewart
Lawrence
Jennings
Dugan

Daylight

Scott Dureau

Brett Morris

I believe any of the leading pack, put into any position will do a good job. The days of fearing Inglis and Falou are over!

RHCP

Bench
It's fortunate that our outside backs can play all positions across the paddock. If I had to rate the outside backs in order of greatness, I'd say it looks something like this:

Uate
Gordon
Hayne
Stewart
Lawrence
Jennings
Dugan

Daylight

Scott Dureau

Brett Morris

I believe any of the leading pack, put into any position will do a good job. The days of fearing Inglis and Falou are over!
Damn you roopy, why did you have to bring him back?

Eh, I'm not sold on Lawrence. He's running off Benji Marshall, the best five-eighth in the world as far as putting a player through a hole goes, he's got more to prove to me than Jennings who has already shown he's got 'it' at Origin level. I wouldn't be disappointed to see him picked, but I'd be disappointed if Jennings got shafted. It has to be either:

3. Jennings
4. Lawrence
5. Hayne

or

3. Hayne
4. Jennings
5. Gordon

Maybe even Gordon at fullback if injury strikes Stewart and Dugan.

It's likely though that our first choice backline won't get in the park. With the way football goes sometimes we might end up with neither of them healthy.

typicalfan

Coach

Uate
Gordon
Hayne
Stewart
Lawrence
Jennings
Dugan

Daylight

Scott Dureau

Brett Morris

There is a hell of a lot more than daylight separating the likes of Dugan and Jennings from Dureau. Daylight, talent, application, ability, darkness, universe. Any others?

Yosh

Coach
There is a hell of a lot more than daylight separating the likes of Dugan and Jennings from Dureau. Daylight, talent, application, ability, darkness, universe. Any others?

Dunno man, Dureau has ripped the ESL a new ars*hole with 57 tries, 84 try assists and 3 actual tackles, this year. Ask billy2.

Latest posts