What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Really Early NSW Team 2012 Thread That Will Be Hated By All!!!

Dragon2010

First Grade
1. Stewart/Dugan (This will be a given).
2. Uate
3. Jennings
4. Hayne
5. Morris

We will probably see a line-up like this IMO. If Morris can play a strong-game like he does for the dragons will be no-problems I think. Uate is just a machine, Hayne is well Hayne and Jennings showed how dangerous he can be with a little ball in GameI.

jbl31649

Juniors
This is my back line pick:

1. Stewart
2. Jennings
3. Lawerance
4. Hayne
5. Uate

Stewart will better having a full season under his belt. This should me his speed will be back.

Hayne is big and difficult to tackle which should help draw defenders for offloads to Uate, the Gaz thought was not needed.

I put Jennings on the wing so he can drop back at times in defence and has more room with his pace running of Lawerance.

Uate human reakon ball.

Reserve backs: Gordon, Idris, B.Morris, J.Morris, D.Williams (pending his neck), B.Ferguson, J.Dugan.

Yosh

Coach
1. Stewart/Dugan (This will be a given).
2. Uate
3. Jennings
4. Hayne
5. Morris

We will probably see a line-up like this IMO. If Morris can play a strong-game like he does for the dragons will be no-problems I think. Uate is just a machine, Hayne is well Hayne and Jennings showed how dangerous he can be with a little ball in GameI.

So you think Jennings based on a couple of good runs in ONE ORIGIN GAME, is good enough to remain the incumbent? He was terrible for the Panthers this year...

Morris is a myth if I've ever seen one. Came through at a good time and was lucky to be considered rep worthy.

Dragon2010

First Grade
Morris should not be there. That misread on Cronks kick this year was the last straw for me

haha I'm not saying what I want. I'm saying that it will be. Personally I'd like

1. Stewart
2. Uate
3. Jennings
4. Hayne
5. Gordon

That would be my backline.

Dragon2010

First Grade
So you think Jennings based on a couple of good runs in ONE ORIGIN GAME, is good enough to remain the incumbent? He was terrible for the Panthers this year...

Morris is a myth if I've ever seen one. Came through at a good time and was lucky to be considered rep worthy.

Not saying entirely. Yeah he was average in an average team and had alcohol issues.

Let me correct my self. Barring form Jennings would be the better option for NSW selection. I have to agree with the post above. Playing with Benji makes Lawrence looks exceptional. How he would be without Marshall would be question but I still think he will play strong quality game.

Tweed Titan

Bench
For what its worth, my backline would be:

1. Stewart - Most lethal fullback we have
2. Gordon - Strong, fast and safe under the high ball
3. Lawrence - Ticks all the boxes for a centre, great at setting up his outside man
4. Hayne - His best position imo. Was great there in Game 3 this year once NSW got some posession
5. Uate - No justification needed

6. Maloney - Has the goods and imo looks to offer more than Soward.
7. Pearce - Best of our available options really.

I can't argue with this. Obviously way too early but this must be possible.

I still think
1. Stewart/Hayne/Dugan/Gordon
6. Soward
7. Pearce
9. Farah

Stick with the halves, we have to.

Dragon2010

First Grade
1. Stewart

6. Soward/ Maloney (If Maloney is blowing everyone out of th park at the start of the season. However I think we need to be consistent)
7. Peare He honstly has th ticker for Origin and while not the fashiest halfback is still our best option and he has passion at least. His tackles on Thaiday were awesome too.

9. Farah Has to be him but it won't so might as well say Ennis.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Re the people questioning how Lawrence would look without benji.

I can understand you saying that however I really believe a lot of the time it's Lawrence making benji look good. If it was all benji then wouldn't all the guys that played left center when Lawrence was injured (brown, Utai, moltzen etc) have been carving up and have plenty of line breaks etc to their names?

I think you will find that this year our left side attack ranked LAST for tries scored, whilst last year it was in the top 3

Allstar Knights

Juniors
Looking at fullbacks for next year, surely Gordon needs more mentions on here? Stewart has been good since coming back from an injury, but it's obvious he's not near his best yet. Dugan has been plagued with injuries, and hasn't really proven a lot this year. A little overrated too IMO, but if he's fit and healthy he'll be in with a good chance.

Until Stewart or Dugan show they're back to their best, I can't pick them ahead of Gordon who has shown to be consistent at fullback in every match he's played. Gordon was one of the form fullbacks in the comp this year at one stage, breaking the line and scoring/setting tries up at will. He looks like an Origin player too

Joker's Wild

Coach
Looking at fullbacks for next year, surely Gordon needs more mentions on here? Stewart has been good since coming back from an injury, but it's obvious he's not near his best yet. Dugan has been plagued with injuries, and hasn't really proven a lot this year. A little overrated too IMO, but if he's fit and healthy he'll be in with a good chance.

Until Stewart or Dugan show they're back to their best, I can't pick them ahead of Gordon who has shown to be consistent at fullback in every match he's played. Gordon was one of the form fullbacks in the comp this year at one stage, breaking the line and scoring/setting tries up at will. He looks like an Origin player too

Well I think we need both Gordon and Stewart in the team and the best way for that to work imo is to have Snake at FB and Gordo on the wing.

Cronk2011

Juniors
1. Dugan
2. Gordon
3. Hayne
4. Lawrence
5. Uate
6. Soward
7. Pearce
8. Galloway
9. Farah
10. Gallen
11. Watmough
12. Bird
13. Stewart

14. Lewis
15. Sims
16. Learoyd-Lahrs
17. Mannah

timka4

Bench
Very nice team Cronk.
I think this is probably the first time I've seen (over past 2-3) on these forums where we have all named a similar NSW side to each other. I think this shows that we finally have players that we know can match QLD and do a good job of it.

jbl31649

Juniors
Well I think we need both Gordon and Stewart in the team and the best way for that to work imo is to have Snake at FB and Gordo on the wing.

Where is Gordon at with his injury, I had Jennings on the wing pending Gordon. If his available he also provides a good goal kicking boot. Always like Wingers being the goal kicker.

Like I said before Brett will be better next year, after watching the Manly v Broncos, it seems he is still lacking a bit of confidence when returning the ball, but if we win the GF, I can see his confidence returning 10 folded, plus he limks up well with his brother.

We still have an issue in the halves though....

shasha

Juniors
1. Brett Stewart
2. Akuila Uate
3. Michael Jennings
4. Chris Lawrence
5. Michael Gordon
6. James Maloney
7. Mitchell Pearce
8. Aiden Tolman
9. Robbie Farah
10. Keith Galloway