What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Really Early NSW Team 2012 Thread That Will Be Hated By All!!!

Rod

Bench
I forgot about Maloney when talking about five-eighths, TBH he would be leading the pack at the moment.

6. Maloney
7. Pearce

Would be basically no missed tackles at least, it's a start.....

timka4

Bench
Snowden has a heart the size of a pea, in his two origin games so far he has been over roared by the occasion.
I agree with this, he has been average in both of his games that he has played in. I personally just thinks he needs a couple more games to get use to the arena, he is still fairly young for prop.
That's why if I did pick him I would start him from the bench rather than starting him, let the game settle in before starting him.

Allstar Knights

Juniors
1. Gordon
2. Uate
3. Jennings
4. Lawrence
5. Hayne
6. Soward
7. Maloney
8. Learoyd-Lahrs
9. Farah
10. Gallen
11. Scott
12. Lewis
13. Bird

14. Gidley
15. Watmough
16. T Sims - Unleash this big beast up the middle
17. Snowden

I know Dugan is a talent, but I really like what I see from Gordon. Breaks tons of tackles, supports like a fullback should and is a really good footballer. I can't choose Dugan yet until I see him fit, healthy and back into some good form, which we haven't seen this year much.

MacDougall

First Grade
1. Brett Stewart
2. Akuila Uate
3. Chris Lawrence
4. Michael Jennings
5. Jarryd Hayne
6. Jamie Soward
7. Jarrod Mullen
8. Kade Snowden
9. Robbie Farah
10. Tim Mannah
11. Glenn Stewart
12. Anthony Watmough
13. Paul Gallen

14. Greg Bird
15. Luke Lewis
16. Keith Galloway
17. Kurt Gidley

Yosh

Coach
We need 4 props in the team imo. If we can win it anywhere it's in the forwards. Last year Matt Scott pretty much carried QLD...

8. TLL
9. Gidley
10. Keith Galloway
11. Watmough
12. Lewis
13. Gallen

14. Farah
15. Bird
16. Mannah
17. Snowden

18. Scott
19. Sims
20. Glen Stewart
21. Houston

It seems we definitely have a very strong pack that can easily stand up to the QLDers!

RHCP

Bench
If Pearce and Soward are healthy and aren't the starting halves in Game 1 we will have learnt nothing.

They did a good job, they grew as the series progressed and to drop them for Jarrod Mullen would be an absolute travesty. It would be difficult for them to have done any more, they aren't Johns and Fittler but they are capable and should not be on the chopping block. Maloney is an option, IF they are unavailable.

typicalfan

Coach
If Pearce and Soward are healthy and aren't the starting halves in Game 1 we will have learnt nothing.

They did a good job, they grew as the series progressed and to drop them for Jarrod Mullen would be an absolute travesty. It would be difficult for them to have done any more, they aren't Johns and Fittler but they are capable and should not be on the chopping block. Maloney is an option, IF they are unavailable.
If I had to keep one half it would be Pearce simply because of his form doesn't seem to fluctuate as much as Soward. Soward still needs to earn his stripes IMO. Good series but probably wouldn't have been first choice had Carney remained in form and Campese wasn't injured. Maloney, Soward and Campese should all be in the race for the 6 jersey IMO. I would even give Maloney the nod perhaps ahead of Mullen as the 7 if Pearce was injured.

timka4

Bench
I would keep Pearce and most likely Soward. I like Soward and he did alright in his first series, but if Mullen or Campese play next year in great form I would probably drop. I see them both as better all round players compared to Soward.

Dragon2010

First Grade
The halves have to play together and gel together better. The benefit of Thurson/Locky (Cronk) is they have many games together to do this and thus are able to play together with more ease knowing their play style.etc.

I can back both Soward and Pearce next year in the hopes they will both play better because they will be more a-custom-ed to one's playing style and thus will reflect on what they need to do. Soward taking on the line, Pearce leading the pack and helping with formation and passing game. Pearce has the ticker for Origin and should be our number 7 barring injury.

Yosh

Coach
The halves have to play together and gel together better. The benefit of Thurson/Locky (Cronk) is they have many games together to do this and thus are able to play together with more ease knowing their play style.etc.

I can back both Soward and Pearce next year in the hopes they will both play better because they will be more a-custom-ed to one's playing style and thus will reflect on what they need to do. Soward taking on the line, Pearce leading the pack and helping with formation and passing game. Pearce has the ticker for Origin and should be our number 7 barring injury.

Or maybe it's because Lockyer is the 2nd best player ever to play the game and Thurston is almost in the same league as Lockyer and Joey...

Dragon2010

First Grade
Or maybe it's because Lockyer is the 2nd best player ever to play the game and Thurston is almost in the same league as Lockyer and Joey...

Yosh mate, I'm comparing it more in the sense that the halves are experienced in playing with each-other and understanding their partner's play-style and not their individual skill as players in comparison to the NSW squad.

Ie. We will see a better game from them next year as Pearce/ Soward will have a better understanding of their roles and involvement in the game.

Joker's Wild

Coach
I think we need to stick to the same halves if fit, but damn I like Maloney though. He would go well in a Blues jersey.

timka4

Bench
Last year was probably his best chance to make the team and he didn't, smart choice from him though, at least he will get some rep games now (if actually selected)

Yosh

Coach
Yosh mate, I'm comparing it more in the sense that the halves are experienced in playing with each-other and understanding their partner's play-style and not their individual skill as players in comparison to the NSW squad.

Ie. We will see a better game from them next year as Pearce/ Soward will have a better understanding of their roles and involvement in the game.

I'm not a pessimistic guy (ask the Newcastle forum guys) but 6 series straight... We need class from somewhere... We need some Gus coaching and Joey to get a cyborg neck or something...

timka4

Bench
The problem is though Yosh is that we are always talking about each half as the 'new' class when infact none of them have really stood out consistently.
We have no halves that can do it all by themselves at the moment, so I agree that we need to stick to the spine let them learn of each other. That is our best gamble at the moment.
Although Ennis can be dropped :)

RHCP

Bench
I'm not a pessimistic guy (ask the Newcastle forum guys) but 6 series straight... We need class from somewhere... We need some Gus coaching and Joey to get a cyborg neck or something...
Haha you most certainly are not Yosh!

Gus will only come back to coach when we're on the front foot. The piece of shit won't risk tarnishing his record.

:lol: Heighington. Overrated and so far down the pecking order it isn't funny. Good luck with England, maybe he'll play a test against Wales.

Latest posts